Ask Knight (Archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
Knight, Did something change in the log-in procedure? It used to be that if I was not logged in when I clicked quote to reply it would take me to the log in screen and once I logged in it took me back to the reply screen for the post I was replying to. Know, whenever I log in no matter where I am, it always takes me back to the main screen. Is this something that can be changed?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Knight, Did something change in the log-in procedure? It used to be that if I was not logged in when I clicked quote to reply it would take me to the log in screen and once I logged in it took me back to the reply screen for the post I was replying to. Know, whenever I log in no matter where I am, it always takes me back to the main screen. Is this something that can be changed?
A couple months ago we did make a change. Some folks could not login at all because they would be presented with an endless loop at login.

When we fixed that problem it may have caused your problem (not sure).

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Could you ask kmoney to change his user name to cmoney? That way, instead of calling him kmonkey, which seems mildly insulting, if colorful, I could refer to him as cmonkey, harkening back (at least phonetically) to hours of joyful suspense spent watching what amounted, in the end, to a liquid ant farm...with tiny, dead ants.

:plain:

I might not have given this request all the consideration it needed, going in.

ragTagblues

Hey Knight,

I have friends request from a long banned gentlemen; but no matter how many times I accept or reject it still always tells me I have a friends request from the same person . . . . .

This originally was not a bother; but now it is getting irksome . . .

Any ideas of how to get rid of it?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hey Knight,

I have friends request from a long banned gentlemen; but no matter how many times I accept or reject it still always tells me I have a friends request from the same person . . . . .

This originally was not a bother; but now it is getting irksome . . .

Any ideas of how to get rid of it?
Can you tell me who the banned person is?

One thing you could try.... open a different type of browser and try rejecting the friend request.

ragTagblues

Can you tell me who the banned person is?

One thing you could try.... open a different type of browser and try rejecting the friend request.

shredsguitar17 . . . are something to that effect.

Hmmm I have tried to reject it on many different computers all with different browsers to no success.

Cheers,

ragTag

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
shredsguitar17 . . . are something to that effect.

Hmmm I have tried to reject it on many different computers all with different browsers to no success.

Cheers,

ragTag

You know what would make you feel a good deal better about that inconvenience? A free pony. Or a cmonkey...

If only someone around here had that kind of power...:plain:

vnctblzn

what is MAD theology? i see the abbreviation posted everywhere, but have no idea what it stands for. what does MAD abbreviate? is it a doctrinal belief system? i searched on the internet, but could only find references to MAD magazine.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
what is MAD theology? i see the abbreviation posted everywhere, but have no idea what it stands for. what does MAD abbreviate? is it a doctrinal belief system? i searched on the internet, but could only find references to MAD magazine.
It's a intended derogatory term for Mid Acts Dispensationalism. Although most MADists use the the MAD term as well just to make their detractors frustrated. :D

Mid Acts Dispensationalism is the theology that the the Body of Christ started in Acts chapter 9 when Paul was converted and given the gospel of grace, which was a distinct change in God's house rules i.e., dispensation.

ragTagblues

You know what would make you feel a good deal better about that inconvenience? A free pony. Or a cmonkey...

If only someone around here had that kind of power...:plain:

I'm sure with a need as dire as this the appropriate man will be compelled to stand up and make the difference . . . But -

'WE DON`T NEED ANOTHER HERO, WE DON`T NE . . . ':guitar:

vnctblzn

It's a intended derogatory term for Mid Acts Dispensationalism. Although most MADists use the the MAD term as well just to make their detractors frustrated. :D

Mid Acts Dispensationalism is the theology that the the Body of Christ started in Acts chapter 9 when Paul was converted and given the gospel of grace, which was a distinct change in God's house rules i.e., dispensation.
okay, thanks. i tend to differentiate between the early jewish church under peter and the early gentile church under paul.

vnctblzn

That's good. :up:

And when exactly did that differentiation take place?
whenever paul took the gospel to the gentiles as opposed to the jews. perhaps acts 18:5-6.

5 But when Silas and Timothy came down from Macedonia, Paul began devoting himself completely to the word, solemnly testifying to the Jews that Jesus was the Christ.
6 But when they resisted and blasphemed, he shook out his garments and said to them, "Your blood be on your own heads! I am clean. From now on I will go to the Gentiles." (NASB)

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
whenever paul took the gospel to the gentiles as opposed to the jews. perhaps acts 18:5-6.

5 But when Silas and Timothy came down from Macedonia, Paul began devoting himself completely to the word, solemnly testifying to the Jews that Jesus was the Christ.
6 But when they resisted and blasphemed, he shook out his garments and said to them, "Your blood be on your own heads! I am clean. From now on I will go to the Gentiles." (NASB)
Fair enough, although it seems to me.... a much more logical beginning for the Body would be the point that Christ appointed Paul to the gospel of the uncircumcision.

Acts 9:15 But the Lord said to him, “Go, for he is a chosen vessel of Mine to bear My name before Gentiles, kings, and the children of Israel.

Either way.... you must be MAD! ;)

vnctblzn

Fair enough, although it seems to me.... a much more logical beginning for the Body would be the point that Christ appointed Paul to the gospel of the uncircumcision.

Acts 9:15 But the Lord said to him, “Go, for he is a chosen vessel of Mine to bear My name before Gentiles, kings, and the children of Israel.

Either way.... you must be MAD! ;)
yes, paul was commissioned then, but there seems to have been a delay. are there people who object to this for some reason?

Status
Not open for further replies.