Ask Knight (Archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chatmaggot

Hall of Fame
Knight,

I recently listened to one of Bobs Sunday Sermons (From October or November of last year I think). This particular sermon was on Genesis 1-25. At the beginning of the sermon he said that an outline was being passed out on each chapter of Genesis.

Previously on this thread I asked about the old outline for each book of the bible (which you graciously supplied). Is there a way for me to have access to the outline specifically for Genesis?

Thanks.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
chatmaggot said:
Knight,

I recently listened to one of Bobs Sunday Sermons (From October or November of last year I think). This particular sermon was on Genesis 1-25. At the beginning of the sermon he said that an outline was being passed out on each chapter of Genesis.

Previously on this thread I asked about the old outline for each book of the bible (which you graciously supplied). Is there a way for me to have access to the outline specifically for Genesis?

Thanks.
I don't have that handout.

I wonder if you called the church line if they could email it to you?

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Delmar said:
Is this...
...still in effect?
I still do that when I think of it, especially if it's someone who's been banned before.

Sometimes I go with about 50% though.

Nomad

Turbo said:
I still do that when I think of it, especially if it's someone who's been banned before.

Sometimes I go with about 50% though.

I was hoping Knight would lose some and Poly jump on top in the ratings...

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Nomad said:
I was hoping Knight would lose some and Poly jump on top in the ratings...
Webmaster must have forgotten. ;)

Or maybe he let it slide since that was Knight's first offense.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Knight, my friend just bought me an record of ELO's Greatest Hits from 1979. It's still in the plastic. The tracks are:

Evil Woman
Livin' Thing
Can't Get It Out Of My Head
Showdown
Turn to Stone
Rockaria
Sweet Talkin' Woman
Telephone Line
Ma ma ma Belle
Strange Magic
Mr Blue Sky

Are you jealous?? :D

I don't have a record player though. :doh: Maybe I can find a good one on ebay. :geek: Or maybe I should keep it in the plastic and sell it a few years from now for millions. :greedy:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
kmoney said:
Knight, my friend just bought me an record of ELO's Greatest Hits from 1979. It's still in the plastic. The tracks are:

Evil Woman
Livin' Thing
Can't Get It Out Of My Head
Showdown
Turn to Stone
Rockaria
Sweet Talkin' Woman
Telephone Line
Ma ma ma Belle
Strange Magic
Mr Blue Sky

Are you jealous?? :D

I don't have a record player though. :doh: Maybe I can find a good one on ebay. :geek: Or maybe I should keep it in the plastic and sell it a few years from now for millions. :greedy:
Awesome! :up:

Although I will say that ELO was especially good at studio release albums. In other words "best of" collections don't really do justice to ELO's rock operas (so to speak).

Listening to an ELO album from beginning to end is the best because they usually tell a overall story which really adds to the awesome-ness. :D

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Religious Affiliation options...........

Religious Affiliation options...........

Hi Knight and all moderators, etc.

I was wondering why there is not more of a variety in the Religious Affiliation options section. Some of us are very eclectic and would best be served by the affiliation 'Unitarian' or 'Unitarian-Universalist'. It would be nice. There are some of us who are hard to catagorize! :)

Of course I affiliated as 'Christian (other)' which is merely a broad-band label, having an lds-christian background...but my theology has been progressing away from such definitives...which might best be served under 'Unitarian'. Anyway to add this option?

Just a suggestion, but not a life and death situation. Keeping 'Christian(other)' is fine....but its kinda other-worldly, plus you get the flack and baggage that comes with the word 'christian' (in its various distortions). I AM who/what I AM, and such transcends label....being the theontologist I am. Just thought I'd see if any of the moderators could address my request-inquiry. Otherwise I could just keep it as is...or choose 'agnostic'...however I'm more gnostic than agnostic. TWeb has 'Unitarian' option, which I just switched over to on that forum. Also I joined christianforums some time back when all the ruckus on your controversial post was astir. But havent bothered to go back in quite some time....I like TOL's set up better.

Just some food for thought,

Thanks for addressing,

paul

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
freelight said:

Hi Knight and all moderators, etc.

I was wondering why there is not more of a variety in the Religious Affiliation options section. Some of us are very eclectic and would best be served by the affiliation 'Unitarian' or 'Unitarian-Universalist'. It would be nice. There are some of us who are hard to catagorize! :)

Of course I affiliated as 'Christian (other)' which is merely a broad-band label, having an lds-christian background...but my theology has been progressing away from such definitives...which might best be served under 'Unitarian'. Anyway to add this option?

Just a suggestion, but not a life and death situation. Keeping 'Christian(other)' is fine....but its kinda other-worldly, plus you get the flack and baggage that comes with the word 'christian' (in its various distortions). I AM who/what I AM, and such transcends label....being the theontologist I am. Just thought I'd see if any of the moderators could address my request-inquiry. Otherwise I could just keep it as is...or choose 'agnostic'...however I'm more gnostic than agnostic. TWeb has 'Unitarian' option, which I just switched over to on that forum. Also I joined christianforums some time back when all the ruckus on your controversial post was astir. But havent bothered to go back in quite some time....I like TOL's set up better.

Just some food for thought,

Thanks for addressing,

paul
Thanks for the suggestion.

The problem is we get about 8 requests like this per month. "can you add this....", "can you add that...." etc.

The options could be limitless. I like to keep things simple.

However, I have decided to add... "Other" to the list of choices. Hopefully this will help. :up:

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Switching to "Other"

Switching to "Other"

Knight said:
Thanks for the suggestion.

The problem is we get about 8 requests like this per month. "can you add this....", "can you add that...." etc.

The options could be limitless. I like to keep things simple.

However, I have decided to add... "Other" to the list of choices. Hopefully this will help. :up:

Thank you. I guess 'Other' would include all other options in one sweep. Sounds like a good solution. I'll check to see if you've made this active, or can be notified when you do so.

paul

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Knight,
What kind of Apple computer do you have?

If someone buys an iMac can they really ipgrade it since it is all enclosed?

Mr. 5020

Knight, I have a question (that was originally posted by Lucky)...
Lucky said:
As an OVer, it would be silly to praise God for a bad thing happening. It's not his fault. Why is it different for a good thing happening though?

Status
Not open for further replies.