Not open for further replies.

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Clete said:
This is a test of the emergency spell checking software for MS IE 7.0

This is only a test.

Hey! It worked!

The one in Firefox does it automatically though whereas in IE you have to right click and tell it to do a spell check. Still that's a humongous (yes that word was spell checked :) ) improvement!

No more copy/pasting over to Word in order to not look like a dork! :freak: :D

Thanks Shimei!

Sure! There should be a little "ABC check" button up in the upper right hand corner. Just click that once to spell check.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
Maximum users

Maximum users

Why were the "Most users ever online was 461, May 6th, 2005 at 11:27 PM."? What was going on that was so interesting?

kmoney

Hall of Fame
CabinetMaker said:
Why were the "Most users ever online was 461, May 6th, 2005 at 11:27 PM."? What was going on that was so interesting?
The day after Cinco de Mayo always brings people out. :noid:

Nomad

how is it that the 'wonderful dispensation of grace' thread, so I think it is called have 117 replies and 26,275 views?? That's quite a lot of quiet people

macguy

Hmm, one stupid question that i wouldn't have needed to ask if there was a FAQ. (Note to self: Stop complaining about a FAQ)

I have over 50 posts, why can't i customize my avatar? :confused: To say the least, this eagle would be nice if it wasn't for the ugly color bar on the bottom...

Mr. 5020

macguy said:
Hmm, one stupid question that i wouldn't have needed to ask if there was a FAQ. (Note to self: Stop complaining about a FAQ)

I have over 50 posts, why can't i customize my avatar? :confused: To say the least, this eagle would be nice if it wasn't for the ugly color bar on the bottom...
First, there is a FAQ section. Here's my post from your thread, "High!":
Mr. 5020 said:
At home I use Windows. At work I use Macs.

Welcome to TOL! Glad to have you. Here's some links you might be interested in...

TOL Statement of Faith
What do we believe? Find out here.

The 16 Commandments of TOL
List of rules for the site.

Ask Knight!
A thread where you can ask the site owner (Knight) any questions you have about TOL.

TOL Membership Options
How long before I can have a custom avatar? Custom signature? What do the subscription levels mean? These questions are answered here.

FAQ's
More answers to the most common questions asked on TOL, particularly about general forum usage.
Notice the last link.

To answer your question, however, you need to look on the "TOL Membership Options" link that I posted in that same post.

Last edited by a moderator:

macguy

Yea none of the links work but as i mentioned before on other threads, the FAQ is just the basics on how to use a forum.

Hmm, checked the membership options and it states that i must have been on TOL for 14 days... :think: Have i really been here for less than 14 days? if so, it feels like i've been here for a month and i got a lot of posts rather quickly.

macguy

Oh is it possible for me to know the user who left a comment? Not that it's necessary since it's often better not to know.

But because i, uh, need to get back at this person... :noid:

genuineoriginal

macguy said:
Oh is it possible for me to know the user who left a comment? Not that it's necessary since it's often better not to know.

But because i, uh, need to get back at this person... :noid:
Have you looked here
This gives a breakdown of the subscription levels, and what you get from each one.

You are probably not at a level that allows you to see who gave you rep points.

You can change that with a paid subscription.

Status
Not open for further replies.