Ask Knight (Archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Knight said:
Vail is about an hour and a half drive from here.

Why?
No reason. bwahahahahahaha :devil:

;)

No, I was just curious. I have a friend who is out in Vail right now and just wondered.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Knight said:
Tell me what "cessationist" means to you.
Isn't that the belief that the sign gifts like healing and speaking in tougues and prophecy ceased?

The Berean

Knight said:
Tell me what "cessationist" means to you.
A cessationist Christian is a Christian who believes that the "power" or "sign" gifts (speaking in tongues, gift of prophecy, gift of healing, casting out demons, etc) ended with the death of the last Apostle and are no longer in operation today,

Here are good articles:

Article 1

Article 2

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
The Berean said:
A cessationist Christian is a Christian who believes that the "power" or "sign" gifts (speaking in tongues, gift of prophecy, gift of healing, casting out demons, etc) ended with the death of the last Apostle and are no longer in operation today,

Here are good articles:

Article 1

Article 2
That's not when they ended.:nono:

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
I'm not a cessationist. I just don't think they're as prevalent as they were, or as some people seem to think they are.

The Berean

Lighthouse said:
That's not when they ended.:nono:
I'm not saying I necessarily agree with cessationism. I wanted to know to what Knight believes and since this is the "Ask Knight!" thread...

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The Berean said:
I'm not saying I necessarily agree with cessationism. I wanted to know to what Knight believes and since this is the "Ask Knight!" thread...
I have heard the term "cessationist" used in different ways and to different degrees.

So, I am not sure how I feel about the term.

However... I do firmly agree with this.

Mr. 5020

Knight, this is kind of interesting. Under the Announcements on any given forum, next to the thread starter, it lists their User Title, which looks kind of ... um ... cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.