Ask an Aussie

Arthur Brain

:chuckle:

Our cricket team is crap right now....it's something we don't talk about....ever.

Where's Dennis Lillie when you need him? :chuckle:

Well, England were crap for long enough. People used to take bets on how long it would be before the batsmen all collapsed for 17 runs...

:plain:

Thunder's Muse

Well, England were crap for long enough. People used to take bets on how long it would be before the batsmen all collapsed for 17 runs...

Cricket hasn't been the same since it became 'politically correct' and polite.

Give me the days of Viv Richards, Dennis Lillie and Rod Marsh anyday. THAT was exciting cricket...Yorkers, bouncers, bats breaking.. :chuckle:

Arthur Brain

Cricket hasn't been the same since it became 'politically correct' and polite.

Give me the days of Viv Richards, Dennis Lillie and Rod Marsh anyday. THAT was exciting cricket...Yorkers, bouncers, bats breaking.. :chuckle:

Eh, you're just saying that because auzzie batsmen are better at hitting their own wicket than the ball nowadays...:plain:

Sayin that Oz haven't done too bad on the opening day of the ashes...

Arthur Brain

3:38 later and I haven't a clue what just happened...:idunno:

This isn't too unusual for you anyway though is it?

It's called 'cricket', and what you have been subjected to is some colourised footage from 1874 where Australia actually knew how to bowl a ball...

Son of Jack

...It's called 'cricket'....

I know there were a lot of words before and after this little bit, but all I could think was:

cricket.gif

We use them to fish.:plain: