Armed terrorists occupy federal building - won't leave until their demands are met

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
Yeah, that seems to be the best people like you can ever do when they can't actually hit somebody.

Once again....Ain't gotta hit something that has already been bagged and tagged. :devil:

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
Right. I forgot. Because you're a big tough guy who talks a big game on the Internet.

Meatball.:yawn:

Where have I talked a "big game" or been a "big tough guy"?...Please provide a cite.

Hypocrite :devil:

Jose Fly

Maybe, maybe not. Are you privy to the "basic facts"?

If so, share.

I've posted the facts about the arson convictions already. The author of that article makes no mention of the poaching by the Hammonds, the eye witnesses, or the date and time-stamped photos of the subsequent fire (proving that S. Hammond set the fire before calling the authorities), the testimony of their own relative, or the danger posed to firefighters. Other errors in that article involve the history of the refuge and reservation, and the Paiute Tribe.

quip

BANNED
Banned
I've posted the facts about the arson convictions already. The author of that article makes no mention of the poaching by the Hammonds, the eye witnesses, or the date and time-stamped photos of the subsequent fire (proving that S. Hammond set the fire before calling the authorities), the testimony of their own relative, or the danger posed to firefighters. Other errors in that article involve the history of the refuge and reservation, and the Paiute Tribe.

I didn't claim the Hammonds were angels. Moreover, your prior post says nothing in regards to the government's actions against ranchers.

Jose Fly

I didn't claim the Hammonds were angels. Moreover, your prior post says nothing in regards to the government's actions against ranchers.

Again, my comment was that the page you linked to was full of errors. You asked me to identify some of the errors. I did.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
Yep, Big Tough Tom. He's in the bag and tag biz and he says it on the Internet so it must be true. Leroy Brown's got nothing on him.:yawn:

:devil: :rotfl: Don't cry Granite. I'll try not to scare you in the future, obviously you are easily intimidated.

quip

BANNED
Banned
Again, my comment was that the page you linked to was full of errors. You asked me to identify some of the errors. I did.

Do any of those errors include the barricaded road barring access to their adjacent private property, imposed grazing fees, government seizing claim to the irrigation system and redirecting water...etc. ?

Jose Fly

Do any of those errors include the barricaded road barring access to their adjacent private property, imposed grazing fees, government seizing claim to the irrigation system and redirecting water...etc. ?

Again, the page you linked to doesn't even get the fundamental facts correct. I don't know about the details you mention, but given the larger errors I don't trust that author to to accurately describe anything. And he can't even write properly either.

quip

BANNED
Banned
Again, the page you linked to doesn't even get the fundamental facts correct. I don't know about the details you mention, but given the larger errors I don't trust that author to to accurately describe anything. And he can't even write properly either.

Well, then it simply boils down to he said/she said.
What I do know is that the ranchers are miffed about something.

While I doubt the government will offer the full history of events.

Granite

Hall of Fame

They were poachers, the fire they set got out of control, they got busted. Angels, no. Deserving of what they got, yes. Martyrs? Definitely not.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame

:idunno: One of the problems with figuring you what exactly is the problem is that it's not just one problem....but bunches. Rancher, farmers, miners, all have run into troubles with the BLM and it's supposedly overbearing practices. I don't know if they really have been "overbearing" but it wouldn't surprise me judging from my limited experience in Florida.

Each individual instance is a separate beef but the "Militia Guys" show up and it turns into a media circus with nothing ever being really settled. :juggle:
A total mess.

I am currently trying to find on the internet some sort of comprehensive write up which would cover all the problems which have arisen over the course of the last couple of decades but good luck with that. :idunno: