Armed terrorists occupy federal building - won't leave until their demands are met

jzeidler

Armed terrorists occupy federal building - won't leave until their demands ar...

Armed terrorists occupy federal building - won't leave until their demands ar...

And Native Americans for thousands of years. You going to give it back to them? Why didn't we give everything back to THEM the last time they took over a park?

The people, through government are already administrating the land. Public land means you don't get to do whatever you want to it, there are things called rules.

And public land without rules is called ruined in short order.

You don't understand. It was not public land that the government took to make into parks it was privately owned ranches that have belonged to families for hundreds of years and the government illegally took that private land from them.

This Charming Manc

I would suggest as a legal route is not being taken, the courts don't agree with that view?

You don't understand. It was not public land that the government took to make into parks it was privately owned ranches that have belonged to families for hundreds of years and the government illegally took that private land from them.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
And now for the rest of the story (I recommend that liberals not attempt to read this article, as it's not written in crayon and is longer than a paragraph).

Full Story on What’s Going on In Oregon – Militia Take Over Malheur National Wildlife Refuge In Protest to Hammond Family Persecution…

http://theconservativetreehouse.com...st-to-hammond-family-persecution/#more-110497

burns-3.jpg

Alate_One

Gee that's not at all what the website for Malheur National Wildlife Refuge says.

Unclaimed land, birds decimated by plume hunters, other land was purchased and added later.

So where's the theft?

musterion

And now for the rest of the story (I recommend that liberals not attempt to read this article, as it's not written in crayon and is longer than a paragraph).

Full Story on What’s Going on In Oregon – Militia Take Over Malheur National Wildlife Refuge In Protest to Hammond Family Persecution…

http://theconservativetreehouse.com...st-to-hammond-family-persecution/#more-110497

You know you can't expect them to read links to a site with *gasp!* BREITBART'S picture on it.

The short summary is: in an effort to draw attention to a ridiculous arrest of a father and son pair of Oregon Ranchers (Dwight Lincoln Hammond, Jr., 73, and his son, Steven Dwight Hammond, 46,) who are scheduled to begin five year prison sentences (turning themselves in tomorrow January 4th 2016), three brothers from the Cliven Bundy family and approximately 100/150 (and growing) heavily armed militia (former U.S. service members) have taken control of Malheur Wildlife Refuge Headquarters in the wildlife reserve. They are prepared to stay there indefinitely.
They still won't be interested enough to read even that much, though.

Granite

Hall of Fame
This is all info we already know. Not sure why you guys are treating it like some kind of revelation.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I don't know many details, but I like a good stand-off. I hope these squatters stay there until the prison sentence is over.

Tinark

Then why didn't they just produce the legal title to it during their trial? Oh, yeah, that's right, they never had title to the land.

Lon

They need to remove them with whatever force necessary.
Force is a finality, so I appreciate peeling layers and prosecuting in layers as well as vindicating in layers and taking the time to be slow and methodical, if the circumstance isn't life-threatening. This seems allow for time and consideration. These militants may very well all be wrong, but I appreciate patience and level-headedness as well as a show of restraint, caution, thoughtfulness, and carefulness.

Alate_One

I'm not saying the government did steal the land, but do you think their own website would say that if they did? :eek:

Do you think the conservative website linked here is going to paint the government actions in a friendly light?

I've seen dozens of instances where there's public land surrounding someone's property. You'll see specific rules on the public property instructing visitors NOT to bother the private landowners, hunt on their land without permission etc. If government was out to drive everyone out so they could steal land, why would they do that?

Reading between the lines, there was a fair a mount of leeway given. Grazing rights with no duty to fence? Sounds crazy to me.

You shouldn't be liable if you start a "controlled burn" when it was inadvisable and then it burns a bunch of public land? Which apparently isn't the real story anyway.

Witnesses at trial, including a relative of the Hammonds, testified the arson occurred shortly after Steven Hammond and his hunting party illegally slaughtered several deer on BLM property. Jurors were told that Steven Hammond handed out “Strike Anywhere” matches with instructions that they be lit and dropped on the ground because they were going to “light up the whole country on fire.” One witness testified that he barely escaped the eight to ten foot high flames caused by the arson. The fire consumed 139 acres of public land and destroyed all evidence of the game violations. After committing the arson, Steven Hammond called the BLM office in Burns, Oregon and claimed the fire was started on Hammond property to burn off invasive species and had inadvertently burned onto public lands. Dwight and Steven Hammond told one of their relatives to keep his mouth shut and that nobody needed to know about the fire.

Source

Clearly, these people aren't good actors. They think the law shouldn't apply to them.

Watch Ken Burns' National Park series if you want to see what people do to public land when the rules are weak or non-existent.