ARGH!!! Calvinism makes me furious!!!

sentientsynth

Lighthouse said:
If Freak does not retract his statement, and see the error, and idiocy, of relying on that definition of murder, and Knight doesn't ban him, then Knight would be a spineless coward. I already know someone who thinks Knight is a coward for not banning someone else...
Looks like the brain drainers got to you too.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
sentientsynth said:
Freak,

Don't worry. Anyone who took the time to read and actually comprehend what you were communicating understood.

People like Knight are intentionally obtuse. Just check out the Calvinism one on one. Utter. Stupidity.

SS
You agree with Freak that God is a murderer?????

And you are calling me stupid??? :chuckle:

Classic!!! :rotfl:

Freak stated...
"God murderered as a result of divine judgement."

And then later asked...
"Where did I say, "God is a murderer."

And SS is here to defend him!!! :rotfl:

Freak

sentientsynth said:
Freak,

Don't worry. Anyone who took the time to read and actually comprehend what you were communicating understood.

People like Knight are intentionally obtuse. Just check out the Calvinism one on one. Utter. Stupidity.

SS
I think Knight is being intentionally obtuse so he doesn't have to answer this basic question, which I have asked at least a dozen times...

"Then God sent an evil spirit between Abimelech and the men of Shechem; and the men of Shechem dealt treacherously with Abimelech.

God used evil, in this case an evil spirit that knows nothing but evil for His purposes.

Knight: did God use something evil for His purposes? Yes or no?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
sentientsynth said:
Looks like the brain drainers got to you too.
Such are the rules of TOL, and if Knight ignores the rules he made, what does that make him? A hypocrite, and a coward.

Freak

Knight said:
No, I do not believe God unlawfully kills humans (as some define murder).

I believe murder can be defined as to kill. God is a murderer not in the sense you are thinking but in the sense that He kills those whom deserve judgement.

sentientsynth

Knight said:
Knight, here's a clue.

It's called equivocation. That means using a word in more than one way, which Freak is trying over and over again to clarify which meaning he used for the word.

I know you won't comprehend this though. It's way above your head.

Freak

Lighthouse said:
Such are the rules of TOL, and if Knight ignores the rules he made, what does that make him? A hypocrite, and a coward.
Lighthouse, I'm not really sure why you are even here? I have been respectful to Knight and have answered his questions!

Last edited:

Freak

sentientsynth said:
Knight, here's a clue.

It's called equivocation. That means using a word in more than one way, which Freak is trying over and over again to clarify which meaning he used for the word.

:up: I thought I was clear myself!

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Lighthouse said:
The rules of TOL are subjective I can judge each case on it's own merit. I am not a slave to the TOL rules.

In fact check out the entire statement....

3. Thou SHALL NOT be intentionally blasphemous or unnecessarily disruptive. Emphasis on "unnecessarily disruptive" we will ban you if you are presenting yourself as an unneeded distraction (yes this is subjective - live with it).

Built in subjectivity! :up:

sentientsynth

Freak said:
No, I do not believe God unlawfully kills humans (as some define murder).
If that's not clear enough for you, then you need to get some rest, drink some herbal tea, and then try again later.

Freak, don't worry. Those with brains understand perfectly what you're saying.

I believe murder can be defined as to kill. God is a murderer not in the sense you are thinking but in the sense that He kills those whom deserve judgement.
Freak, just for the sake of clarity, I suggest that we use murder to denote unlawful killing and slaying or killing as just recompense.

SS

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
sentientsynth said:
Knight, here's a clue.

Well then... lets here your opinion.

Do you think God has ever murdered?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Freak said:
Lighthouse, I'm not really sure why you are even here? I have been respectful to Knight and have asnwered his questions!
You have called God a murderer. And believe that murder can be defined as "to kill." If you cannot see the error of this, and retract your statement that God murders, you should be banned.

Freak

sentientsynth said:
If that's not clear enough for you, then you need to get some rest, drink some herbal tea, and then try again later.

Freak, don't worry. Those with brains understand perfectly what you're saying.

Freak, just for the sake of clarity, I suggest that we use murder to denote unlawful killing and slaying or killing as just recompense.

SS
:thumb: I just didn't think Knight would blow a gasket as he has...unbelieveable. Knight and I have over the years have gotten in these heated debates but this one is something else.

I was hoping Knight would answer this simple question:

"Then God sent an evil spirit between Abimelech and the men of Shechem; and the men of Shechem dealt treacherously with Abimelech.

God used evil, in this case an evil spirit that knows nothing but evil for His purposes.

sentientsynth

Knight said:
Well then... lets here your opinion.

Do you think God has ever murdered?
Murder is defined by Britannica Webster as the crime of unlawfully killing a person especially with malice aforethought.

Using such a definition, I say no, God is not a murderer.

Freak

sentientsynth said:
Murder is defined by Britannica Webster as the crime of unlawfully killing a person especially with malice aforethought.

And this I would agree!

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Knight said:
The rules of TOL are subjective I can judge each case on it's own merit. I am not a slave to the TOL rules.

In fact check out the entire statement....

3. Thou SHALL NOT be intentionally blasphemous or unnecessarily disruptive. Emphasis on "unnecessarily disruptive" we will ban you if you are presenting yourself as an unneeded distraction (yes this is subjective - live with it).

Built in subjectivity! :up:
Oh. Forget what I said then. I still think you should band him for this, if he won't retract it.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
sentientsynth said:

Excellent!

And I would agree completely.

Wouldn't you agree that Freak should just say something like.... "OK, OK... I had the story wrong in the first place it was Abimelech who did the killing of the 70 NOT God. And I shouldn't have used the phrase 'God murderered as a result of divine judgement.' ".

If you were Freak wouldn't you just clarify and admit the error?

Freak

Knight said:
Excellent!

And I would agree completely.

Wouldn't you agree that Freak should just say something like.... "OK, OK... I had the story wrong in the first place it was Abimelech who did the killing of the 70 NOT God. And I shouldn't have used the phrase 'God murderered as a result of divine judgement.' ".

If you were Freak wouldn't you just clarify and admit the error?
Look, Knight, we have gone through this a hundred times now...

God sent judgement against Abimelech...
But a certain woman dropped an upper millstone on Abimelech’s head and crushed his skull.

God killed in Judges 9! Case close! Hey, if I have miscommunicated what I intended to state then I'm sorry...Wow! :nono:

Moving on...

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Freak said:
God killed in Judges 9! Case close! Hey, if I have miscommunicated what I intended to state then I'm sorry...Wow! :nono:
Why can't you just say you were wrong when you asserted God murdered?

Is that so hard?