ARGH!!! Calvinism makes me furious!!!

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Freak said:
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc defines murder: to kill
Does it have only one definition?

Freak

I noticed Knight completely avoided a question I asked earlier:
For example, in Judges 9, He used an evil spirit for His divine purposes:

"Then God sent an evil spirit between Abimelech and the men of Shechem; and the men of Shechem dealt treacherously with Abimelech.

God used evil, in this case an evil spirit that knows nothing but evil for His purposes.

Knight: did God use something evil for His purposes? Yes or no?

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
This is why I was never a proponent of unbanning Freak. What kind of damage does Freak do to the cause of Christ with such... such... such... I cannot describe it. It goes beyond stupidity.

Hey, I've got an idea! Freak, start calling yourself a communist satanist!

Freak

Knight said:
By the way.... Freak you took me off guard when you stated that God murdered.

I think you have the story all wrong.
Thus God repaid Abimelech for the crime he committed against his father in killing his seventy brothers; and God also made all the wickedness of the people of Shechem fall back on their heads, and on them came the curse of Jotham son of Jerubbaal.

God put to death those whom deserved divine judgement.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Z: You proof texted Rev. 4 to show that God creates everything...

Does God create the car you drive? Does He make McDonald hamburgers? Just because He made the earth does not mean He is the primary cause behind computers. You extrapolate from the specific to the general (logical fallacy).

I affirm the sufficiency and authority of Scripture for all doctrine and practice, for this life and the next. Yet, it is not exhaustive in scope, though truthful.

I object to your equating your subjective, flawed proof texting with Scripture. Rejecting your specious conclusions is not tantamount to rejecting the authority or infallibility of Scripture (there are also textual and interpretation issues).

Freak

"And it came to pass, when Pharaoh would hardly let us go, that the LORD slew all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, both the firstborn of man, and the firstborn of beast: therefore I sacrifice to the LORD all that openeth the matrix, being males; but all the firstborn of my children I redeem."

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Yorzhik said:
This is why I was never a proponent of unbanning Freak. What kind of damage does Freak do to the cause of Christ with such... such... such... I cannot describe it. It goes beyond stupidity.
I must admit this latest revelation of Freaks is nothing less than astonishing. :nono:

Freak

Knight said:
Freak... so... you are trying to prove God is a murderer? :confused:
I am merely pointing out that God kills. Now, some dictionaries define murder as to kill.

Do you believe God slew (killed) people?

Freak

Knight, I merely believe that God kills. He authorizes governments to kill and He has no problem killing people Himself.
Knight said:
I must admit this latest revelation of Freaks is nothing less than astonishing.
Knight YOU ompletely avoided a question I asked earlier:

"Then God sent an evil spirit between Abimelech and the men of Shechem; and the men of Shechem dealt treacherously with Abimelech.

God used evil, in this case an evil spirit that knows nothing but evil for His purposes.

Freak

God bless you.
Yorzhik said:
Hey, I've got an idea! Freak, start calling yourself a communist satanist!
Come on, that's uncalled for.

Perhaps you can assist Knight in answering this question...

Did God use something evil for His purposes? Yes or no?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Freak said:
Now, some dictionaries define murder as to kill.
Oh my goodness Jay... stop while you are ahead! (I realize it's a bit late for that).

You are embarrassing yourself!!! I suggest you rethink what you are saying.

Freak

Knight said:
Oh my goodness Jay... stop while you are ahead! (I realize it's a bit late for that).
Since you think we need to move on, perhaps you can answer this simple question...

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Freak said:
Since you think we need to move on
Before we "move on" will you admit that God is NOT a murderer and in fact you completely misinterpreted the verse about Abimelech?

It was Abimelech who murdered the 70 NOT God. Will you admit you were completely wrong to slander God in that way?

Freak

Knight said:
Before we "move on" will you admit that God is NOT a murderer and in fact you completely misinterpreted the verse about Abimelech?

God kills as seen in Scripture...

"And it came to pass, when Pharaoh would hardly let us go, that the LORD slew all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, both the firstborn of man, and the firstborn of beast: therefore I sacrifice to the LORD all that openeth the matrix, being males; but all the firstborn of my children I redeem."

Thus God repaid Abimelech for the crime he committed against his father in killing his seventy brothers; and God also made all the wickedness of the people of Shechem fall back on their heads, and on them came the curse of Jotham son of Jerubbaal.

God put to death those whom deserved divine judgement.

Does God murder in the sense that He kills-Yes! Is He a murderer in the sense you are thinking? Of course not.

It was Abimelech who murdered the 70 NOT God. Will you admit you were completely wrong to slander God in that way?
God judged, cursed, and killed the people of Shecham...

So,

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
:think: What to do... what to do.... is it really a good idea for me let a person who claims to be a Christian stay on TOL when they accuse God of being a murderer????

Thoughts?

Freak

Knight said:
:think: What to do... what to do.... is it really a good idea for me let a person who claims to be a Christian stay on TOL when they accuse God of being a murderer????

Thoughts?
Knight, feel free to ban me. This is your site and I respect that. No hard feelings.

I stand by this:

God kills. No, He is not a murderer in the sense you define murder. But He does kills people!