Are there Saints In Heaven? Poll Question

Are there Saints In Heaven? Poll Question

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rosenritter

There should be a way to adjust your vote after it is cast. Otherwise all that is being surveyed is one's opinion before having seen what other people have to say. So far it looks like this is a pretty private thread, only four people registered on the poll: Patrick James, Tambora, Jamie, and myself. But that's OK. With less people I think it's easier to have honest less-heated discussion.

2 Corinthians 5:6 Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord... 8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

I don't know, Patrick. What are you trying to do, smoke out the Jehovah's Witnesses, Adventists and other riffraff around here? Brings to mind maybe some other thread ideas:

"Was There Bread at the Last Supper?"

"Did Saul Have a Change of Mind on the Damascus Road?"

"Is the Pope Catholic?"

Then again, given Argentine Frankie Bergoglio, that last one could be open for debate.

Interesting poll numbers, though, given that 54% of American "Christians" don't believe salvation is by faith in Jesus Christ, rather they'll go to heaven because they're mainly good people or go to church. By the way, 85% of Americans polled believe there are no fixed moral standards, as if this is surprising.

Rosenritter

Thanks.
I'm not sure that using the word 'vision' makes it something that did not actually happen.
Or perhaps it was a vision of something that would take place at a later time. (Such as Paul's vision Acts 9:12)

Granted, that vision does not necessarily mean it would not happen in the future, but it implies it did not happen then. Vision literally means it is something seen that was not inherently real Thus a vision does not need to cause a conflict between other passages that tell us that the dead, both saints and sinners, lie in the dust of the earth until their resurrection of the dead.

Rosenritter

Over a billion Catholics believe there are saints in heaven now -

Since we are voting, how many Islams believe that in a few short years your flesh will be boiled out of your eye sockets without mercy without end, because you did not honor the name Mohammad and worship Allah who has no son?

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Who prays to change God's heart? :nono:

Christian prayers are meant to align our hearts with His.

If you'd like to align your will with his then stop being a Calvinist. :idunno:

My prayers are kept in gold because I know that I can change God's heart. One day he might recall the literal blood, sweat and tears of my prayers. He may save my loved ones who are held captive by Satan.

Your prayers and fifty cents will buy you a cup of coffee.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
My prayers are kept in gold because I know that I can change God's heart.

You pray in ignorance, then, and not according to the words of Christ, who Himself prayed: "Not My will, but Thine be done."

One day he might recall the literal blood, sweat and tears of my prayers.

If you are praying not in accordance with the words of Jesus Christ, all your blood, sweat, and tears will go for naught.

He may save my loved ones who are held captive by Satan.

Only if it is His will to save them.

Your human duty before God, is to faithfully submit your will to His. There is no other way to please Him, and your religious arrogance will certainly never impress Him. Matthew 7:21-23

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
You pray in ignorance...
Guess we'll see one day (1 Co 4:5). :juggle:

If you are praying not in accordance with the words of Jesus Christ...
:sherlock: You'll find out soon (1 Co 4:5).
smileys-tennis-304735.gif

Only if it is His will to save them.
It's is (2 Pe 3:9). :dizzy:

Nang

TOL Subscriber
It's is (2 Pe 3:9). :dizzy:

This promise pertains to the elect of God, only, and none of us know who all will prove to be elect. We can only pray for God's grace for our loved ones, while submitting to His wisdom and will.