Are there Saints In Heaven? Poll Question

Are there Saints In Heaven? Poll Question

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rosenritter

What happens to God's breath when a person dies and their body decays?

It returns unto the God who gave it. Life comes from God and returns to God, and he can restore that life again when he raises us.

Ecclesiastes 3:19-21 KJV
(19) For that which befalleth the sons of men befalleth beasts; even one thing befalleth them: as the one dieth, so dieth the other; yea, they have all one breath; so that a man hath no preeminence above a beast: for all is vanity.
(20) All go unto one place; all are of the dust, and all turn to dust again.
(21) Who knoweth the spirit of man that goeth upward, and the spirit of the beast that goeth downward to the earth?

Ecclesiastes 12:7 KJV
(7) Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

The only difference between the man and the beast in this case is that God will raise the man in the last day.

Rosenritter

You gotta watch those translators very carefully.
Sometimes they translate the same words as breath and in other places spirit and even wind. They translate to fit their agenda.

I have no trouble with the King James translation that we're using here.

Rosenritter

So Paul was right, a soul does have a spirit and a body.

There's some looseness in how people use the terms. Given how flexible they are used today, I doubt they were instead used with perfect precision two thousand years ago. But I also agree with soul = spirit + body, as that's what Genesis says.

The assumption that some people make that I disagree with is that our "spirit" has any sort of life on its own, or possesses any sort of independent consciousness. We are not spirits, we have a spirit. We aren't the spirit, but it makes us run. That's the difference.

Last edited:

glorydaz

So Paul was right, a soul does have a spirit and a body.

Man has a body, soul, and spirit. We are also living souls (beings).

1 Thessalonians 5:23
And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Of course there are....to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord. We only await the redemption of our body. :)

No.

It is a false gospel that teaches death of the body makes one present with the Lord.

The Bible teaches one must be in a resurrection to be present with the Lord.

LA

God's Truth

No.

It is a false gospel that teaches death of the body makes one present with the Lord.

The Bible teaches one must be in a resurrection to be present with the Lord.

LA

Christ is living in the saved now, and scriptures that support the first resurrection, that of our spirits living in Jesus, before we die a physical death…

1 Corinthians 6:17 But whoever is united with the Lord is one with him in spirit.

John 6:56Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in him.

Ephesians 2:6 And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus,

Colossians 3:1 Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God.

Colossians 3:3 For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God.

Colossians 1:13 For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves,

Romans 8:9 You, however, are not in the realm of the flesh but are in the realm of the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, they do not belong to Christ.

Zeke

Yes, to be a living soul requires a body and spirit.

Jesus said not to fear those who can kill the body, but rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body.

Yea its called the universe where in the Spirit dwells in the kingdom of light that knows no corruption of human mind imprisoned in darkness and personality in the which sickness and death play their false reality games created in the illusion of time, Eph 5:14. PJ is asking dead man questions ignorant that he is the way and the truth and light asleep in humanities time machine.

Rosenritter

Only Jesus, Enoch, Moses and Elijah are in Heaven at this time.

LA

John 3:13 KJV
(13) And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

John 20:17 KJV
(17) Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

Jesus we can grant, but how do you arrive at a conclusion that works against Christ's words here?

Last edited:

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
John 3:13 KJV
(13) And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

John 20:17 KJV
(17) Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

Jesus we can grant, but how do you arrive at a conclusion that works against Christ's words here?

you should know your bible better than that.

Do some research on Enoch,Moses,Elijah.

LA