Are Glamour Models Immoral?

Status
Not open for further replies.

1PeaceMaker

She also claimed you wanted to be stripper, which is a lie.

Correct. In the same post, even. But I thought Grosnick would care more about what she said to Bybee. I do.

Bybee is one of the grandmotherly ladies here who is very much valued and respected, even by GM, as far as I understand

Who am I but a Christian mother of 8 and wife to one? That might not impress him as much as an elderly widow being attacked like that.

elohiym

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4528677&postcount=1104

glorydaz said:
Well, if they didn't beat me up, or rape me with a foreign object, it should be a breeze, yeah. I got over feeling violated after a few dozen pap smears and 4 pregnancies and years of sex before marriage and years of sex after marriage.

Disgusting

Indeed. I don't even have to paraphrase that. It's crystal clear what she was implying, and it was disgusting.

Now you cowards want to act like me pointing out what she said is disgusting and worthy of banning?

You are violating the rules and disrespecting the administration and moderator who banned you several times by re-registering.

Don't get all self-righteous and selectively indignant.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Are Glamour Models Immoral?

Not essentially nude but bearing midriff, exposed thigh and cleavage etc. Are they enticing men or women to sin?
So this is a difficult question because scandal is a real thing. Our Lord said something like that it would be better to be tied to a millstone and have it thrown into the drink than to be guilty of scandalizing a child (causing them to sin).

So, is it immoral for a young person to wear anything less than a burkha in full view of just anybody? Are they scandalizing their elders? Do you get at what I'm saying? Nobody's asking if it's immoral for a ninety-years-young lady to pose for a calendar. Because old men are "scandalized" by young people who aren't in a burkha. The young people---the children---are the ones who will wish they were tied to the plunging, sinking millstone, because they're causing their elders to sin!

:chuckle:

elohiym

GD,

How do you "get over being violated" by having a few dozen pap smears? You can only be implying one thing! :duh:

1PeaceMaker

GD,

How do you "get over being violated" by having a few dozen pap smears? You can only be implying one thing! :duh:

Pap smears don't violate a woman when they are done respectfully and consensually. Nothing like any rape.

They can hurt, though.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Uh boy ... I will keep this short with as little description as humanly possible.

Two of these things are not like the other. Child birth ... painful. Nobody every looks their husband or significant other in the eye while in the middle of a painful contraction and says "oh this is so much more enjoyable than I ever thought possible ... I love you!"

Examinations ... unpleasant, but like mammograms and colonoscopies, a good idea if one wishes to catch certain conditions while they are still treatable.

None of these procedures violate and degrade another human being against their will. Comparing these medical examinations, procedures and child birth to rape is flat out idiotic.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4528677&postcount=1104

Indeed. I don't even have to paraphrase that. It's crystal clear what she was implying, and it was disgusting.

Now you cowards want to act like me pointing out what she said is disgusting and worthy of banning?

You are violating the rules and disrespecting the administration and moderator who banned you several times by re-registering.

Don't get all self-righteous and selectively indignant.

Selective indignation at it's finest.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Once you told me that you didn't believe in God anymore. Seriously, dude, you are totally messed up and should shut up before you sow more than you will be able to reap. I had to deal with your talk of rejecting God, being angry with God, feeling like suicide, all over those Russian scam dating sites and their scammer models. Please shut your mouth. Just put me on ignore. I don't want anything to do with you.

Well, I guess this does tie in with the OP topic of glamour models ...

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I see you changed one bannable word to female part. You don't know if that is what she meant . I find it disgusting that your mind went there and decided to go public with it. This is highly disturbing and it makes me suspect your biblical interpretation now. I never could totally accept everything but this whole post makes me look at everything you say with suspicion now.

Well, it was a response to a DISGUSTING comment. At least he doesn't have a history of being banned after flaming out and then sneaking back in under several different ID's.

bybee

Are you reading any of the hateful comments directed at me? Do you claim these people have a loving heart?

I'm sorry that "hateful" comments are directed at you. When that happens to me I look within myself. Sometimes they are warranted but often they are not.
In any case, I define myself. And, you also define yourself.
You seem to be in pain so I pray for your healing.

Granite

Hall of Fame
NONE of those things sound even close to the humiliation and trauma of rape. (and I'm a mother of 8 with 16 years of positive marital experience!)

Did she forget that rape is degrading?

The Bible has some harsh things to say about sexually degrading behavior, even just displaying a person's nakedness for a laugh at them, as Ham did.

Keep in mind, people who minimize rape or find ways to victim blame do not act as though this is the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.