Are Calvinists saved?

heir

TOL Subscriber
The works of hearing and believing that please God are the works that are done after one is Born of God! Rom. 8:7-8

~~~~~
Patrick is right. There is an order that you can be sealed. It is by trusting the Lord after hearing and believing the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation.

Ephesians 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Ephesians 1:14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

No moment of trusting the Lord after hearing and believing the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV: no salvation.

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
.......Like any collection of professing beliievers, some are indeed saved and some are not........

As usual, after all these years, you are still totally ignorant regarding Salvation. Plus you can't even spell "believers".

Nobody is "saved" because salvation is a process not a one-time event. As the Bible says, I am already saved (Rom. 8:24, Eph. 2:5–8), but I’m also being saved (1 Cor. 1:18, 2 Cor. 2:15, Phil. 2:12), and I have the hope that I will be saved (Rom. 5:9–10, 1 Cor. 3:12–15). Like the apostle Paul we are working out our salvation in fear and trembling (Phil. 2:12), with hopeful confidence in the promises of Christ (Rom. 5:2, 2 Tim. 2:11–13).

Salvation is not dependent on "perfect doctrine" but trusting the Lord believing the gospel of Christ, the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth (Romans 1:16 KJV at that time to the Jew first and also to the Greek, today to all men without distinction 1 Timothy 2:4-6 KJV).

God's will is that all men be saved, AND to come unto the knowledge of the truth (1 Timothy 2:4 KJV): IOW, salvation AND then sound doctrine through study (2 Timothy 2:15 KJV).

Its always distressing to see a post that in part is so good, but then ends on an erroneous note. How do you suppose Jesus meant you had to come to knowledge by "study" when books were not even invented back then, and would not be for centuries. In fact, He never meant noer said that.

fishrovmen

Salvation is not dependent on "perfect doctrine" but trusting the Lord believing the gospel of Christ, the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth (Romans 1:16 KJV at that time to the Jew first and also to the Greek, today to all men without distinction 1 Timothy 2:4-6 KJV).

God's will is that all men be saved, AND to come unto the knowledge of the truth (1 Timothy 2:4 KJV): IOW, salvation AND then sound doctrine through study (2 Timothy 2:15 KJV).
Yes!

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
As usual, after all these years, you are still totally ignorant regarding Salvation. Plus you can't even spell "believers".
Corrected. I am usually quite studious about spelling errors.

Nobody is "saved" because salvation is a process not a one-time event. As the Bible says, I am already saved (Rom. 8:24, Eph. 2:5–8), but I’m also being saved (1 Cor. 1:18, 2 Cor. 2:15, Phil. 2:12), and I have the hope that I will be saved (Rom. 5:9–10, 1 Cor. 3:12–15). Like the apostle Paul we are working out our salvation in fear and trembling (Phil. 2:12), with hopeful confidence in the promises of Christ (Rom. 5:2, 2 Tim. 2:11–13).
My use of "saved" was according to the commonly used assumption within Protestantism. The actual full plan of redemption, one's conversion, implies the Golden Chain of: foreknowledge, predestination, calling, regeneration, faith, repentance, justification, union to Christ, adoption, sanctification, and glorification.

Naturally the Romanist gets this all twisted up in notions of so-called initial and progressive justification for they err in seeing that justification is a one-time, once and for all, judicial act of declaring one righteous based upon the righteousness of another, Jesus Christ. Hence ours is an alien righteousness. Romanists are all confused thinking something is actually infused into the believer and that something ebbs and flows based upon one's actions, hence the Romanist's sacramental treadmill.

Further, the Romanist and the casual believer misinterprets the word "hope" as used in Scripture on matters of redemption to mean the something that can be doubted versus the hope that is a certainty because the object of our hope is Our Lord and He can be trusted to keep His promises.

AMR

heir

TOL Subscriber
Nobody is "saved" because salvation is a process not a one-time event.
Our salvation is believing the one time event/the work of our salvation was accomplished by the Lord Jesus Christ when He died on the cross for our sins, was buried and rose again the third day!

1 Corinthians 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

1 Corinthians 15:2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

1 Corinthians 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

1 Corinthians 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Those of us who have trusted the Lord after hearing and believing the word of truth, the gospel of our salvation (above) "are saved"!

1 Corinthians 1:18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

1 Corinthians 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; 2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. 3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; 4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

2 Corinthians 2:15 For we are unto God a sweet savour of Christ, in them that are saved, and in them that perish:

Ephesians 2:5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
@Bright Raven

Like any collection of professing believers, some are indeed saved and some are not.

And for the record, I consider today's contemporary so-called "Arminian" saved until the evidence suggests otherwise.

Do you consider me to be a brother in the faith, BR?

AMR

Of course. I think your answer is more than suitable.

Robert Pate

Banned
Corrected. I am usually quite studious about spelling errors.

My use of "saved" was according to the commonly used assumption within Protestantism. The actual full plan of redemption, one's conversion, implies the Golden Chain of: foreknowledge, predestination, calling, regeneration, faith, repentance, justification, union to Christ, adoption, sanctification, and glorification.

Naturally the Romanist gets this all twisted up in notions of so-called initial and progressive justification for they err in seeing that justification is a one-time, once and for all, judicial act of declaring one righteous based upon the righteousness of another, Jesus Christ. Hence ours is an alien righteousness. Romanists are all confused thinking something is actually infused into the believer and that something ebbs and flows based upon one's actions, hence the Romanist's sacramental treadmill.

Further, the Romanist and the casual believer misinterprets the word "hope" as used in Scripture on matters of redemption to mean the something that can be doubted versus the hope that is a certainty because the object of our hope is Our Lord and He can be trusted to keep His promises.

AMR

The word "Predestination" has nothing to do with anyone's salvation.

There is no scripture anywhere in the Bible about anyone being predestinated to either heaven or to hell.

The doctrine of predestination is anti-Gospel.

In the Gospel no one needs to be predestinated because Jesus has reconciled the whole world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.

God sees ALL THINGS in his Son Jesus Christ, Colossians 1:20, 21. This means that salvation can only be by grace through faith. Salvation has been provided for everyone, Hebrews 2:9.

So that now, "Whosoever that shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If there is no need for predestination, why is it mentioned in the scriptures?

Ephesians 1:3-6New King James Version (NKJV)

Redemption in Christ
3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, 4 just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love, 5 having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will, 6 to the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He made us accepted in the Beloved.

Robert Pate

Banned

Redemption in Christ
3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, 4 just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love, 5 having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will, 6 to the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He made us accepted in the Beloved.

God chose all of humanity in his Son Jesus Christ. Jesus has provided salvation for everyone, Hebrews 2:9.

See my new thread, "Why the Doctrine of Predestination is Anti-Gospel, Anti-Christ"

musterion

Redemption in Christ

I am of the opinion that Paul's repeated use of "in Him" and "in Christ" are key to understanding exactly who and to what predestination means. It's not at all about us as individuals, in ourselves. We are nothing. It's all about what we become when we were placed into Christ.

Ben Masada

Redemption in Christ

Where is it mentioned in the scriptures? Oh! Yes, in the gospel of Paul aka the NT.
Predestination is a Hellenistic doctrine. Why would not it be in the NT aka a Hellenistic Bible?