ARCHIVE: Is it ever right to deny Christ?

Freak

Originally posted by Yxboom
Course joking?!! What are you on Freak... I was referring to the misuse of the faith passages. Do you defend that as well like you do the Christians are little gods?

Grow up little man.

I know you said you were only 25 but come on...

C. Moore does not believe we are gods. He believes we operate in the authority of the Lord Jesus Christ as we are "in Him", stop playing these silly games.

Now, would you ever deny Jesus intentionally?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Nori you used the verse....

1Corinthians 10:13 No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it.

Did you ever stop and consider that God would want you to act as if you are denying Him so you can put a stop to a evil lunatic terrorizing the neighborhood?

Maybe that "way of escape" provided by God is the smarts to deceive the lunatic!

This reminds me of the ol' joke about the man stuck on his roof in rising flood waters.

A rescue boat pulls up to save the man but he turns them away saying "God will save me".

A 2nd rescue boat pulls up to save the man but he turns them away saying "God will save me".

A helicopter lowers down to rescue the man but he turns them away saying "God will save me".

Finally he drowns.

In heaven he asks God why didn't you save me?

And God responds...

I sent you a 2 boats and a helicopter!!!!

Ba dump ba dump!

Nori...
Think of how blessed the Hebrew midwives were for lying to the Egyptian king! We have no truth obligation to a wicked lunatic. God knows are hearts and our minds our relationships with Him are more than hollow words to a murdering lunatic!

Freak

Hey Knight, did it ever occur to you, to consider that perhaps God wants you to be a witness for Him in the midst of death?

When you said: Did you ever stop and consider that God would want you to act as if you are denying Him so you can put a stop to a evil lunatic terrorizing the neighborhood?

Tell that to James, Peter, Paul and the other apostles who gave up their lives for the sake of the Gospel.

You considering the idea that there are situations (besides the fictional we have already discusse) where one can deny Christ and be right with Him is abusrd. Are you "in Christ", Knight? Why would anyone whose abiding in Him deny Him. Doesn't make sense!

By the way, are you a child of God. Do children who love their parents deny their parents?

C

cirisme

Maybe that "way of escape" provided by God is the smarts to deceive the lunatic!

Or, maybe that way of escape is trusting in God and not in ourselves.

I trust him, don't you?

If you do not stand firm in your faith, you will not stand at all. -Isaiah 7:9b

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Knight
Nori...
Think of how blessed the Hebrew midwives were for lying to the Egyptian king! We have no truth obligation to a wicked lunatic. God knows are hearts and our minds our relationships with Him are more than hollow words to a murdering lunatic!

If it ever entered my mind to deny Christ to save my daughter, I would have to wonder where it came from. Physically, I may not be able to do much to save my daughter. But, I would fight the man tooth and nail, even at the cost of my own life, before I would deny Christ.

Freak

Originally posted by cirisme

Or, maybe that way of escape is trusting in God and not in ourselves.

I trust him, don't you?

If you do not stand firm in your faith, you will not stand at all. -Isaiah 7:9b

Good post! Knight wants to trust in himself....

Freak

Originally posted by ebenz47037

If it ever entered my mind to deny Christ to save my daughter, I would have to wonder where it came from. Physically, I may not be able to do much to save my daughter. But, I would fight the man tooth and nail, even at the cost of my own life, before I would deny Christ.

Amen! Don't let anyone allow u to deny our God!

Jesus saved us! WE can trust Him for the safety of our families.

P

Pilgrimagain

Point conceeded on the straw man issue. You are quite right to bring up that point.

Iti s a matter faith for me. Having been called by God, the most powerful calling in the universe, I am not able to deny that call intentionally. It's just not in me to do it. Not because I fear retribution, but because that is the regard for God that I have.

P

Pilgrimagain

So maybe for me it's not a matter of "is it right or wrong" but would it be possible for me?

Jaltus

You have got to be kidding me....

Jaltus you have no shame.

I have covered your question so many times it makes me want to vomit, and then all you can do is time after time accuse me of not responding!!! Furthermore... you already told me you were ignoring me!!!!! Why should I respond to someone who tells me he is longer talking to me?

I really think you have some sort of mental disfunction.
More proof that Knight cannot in fact read. I specifically said that I would not respond to you any more UNTIL I GOT BACK FROM THANKSGIVING VACATION. Hello, it is DECEMBER!

Second, are you telling me that you actually responded to my post on 12/02? All you did was quote me and attack Pa with it.

Jaltus

Pa,

You are tending toward a moral abyss. There is no "right or wrong for me," at least not in a theological schema determined by the person of Christ and the words of God (with the obvious exception of the weaker brother argument).

Freak

Originally posted by Jaltus
More proof that Knight cannot in fact read. I specifically said that I would not respond to you any more UNTIL I GOT BACK FROM THANKSGIVING VACATION. Hello, it is DECEMBER!

Second, are you telling me that you actually responded to my post on 12/02? All you did was quote me and attack Pa with it.

Knight, is good at formatting his posts. He easily sways a few everytime through his unique way of formatting his posts but many TOLer's know better.

Last edited:

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Freak

Knight, is good at formatting his posts. He easily sways a few everytime through his unique way of formatting his posts but many TOLer's know better. We look for substance not style. He is rather clever with his words but at times shallow in his responses.

Up until this post, I was with you here in this thread, Freak! You need to back off a little on that line.

P

Pilgrimagain

I hear what youa re saying J. What I was trying to do was point to the fact that the law, and Jesus words in Luke are less a prescriptive statement than they are a descriptive one. It's not that you are following a law to get something or avoid something, it's that haveing been touched be God how can you not act in a certain way. It becomes your nature.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by Freak

Knight, is good at formatting his posts. He easily sways a few everytime through his unique way of formatting his posts but many TOLer's know better. We look for substance not style. He is rather clever with his words but at times shallow in his responses.
Yea... I guess I could give a typical Freak response and simply post.... "whatever".