ARCHIVE: God's mass-murder in the flood

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by smothers
This line of reasoning isn't going any where. What is your point?
Just admit you have no answers! You are lost and can't even defend the most minute points. Your own world-view confounds you and you haven't the foggiest clue as to what is what.

Admit that.... and I think most people will be gracious and forget about this most embarrassing thread for you.

smothers

BANNED
Banned
wow, I'm not sure what to say. Why would it matter to you that I supposedly have no objective standard for my life?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
wow, I'm not sure what to say. Why would it matter to you that I supposedly have no objective standard for my life?
Well... mainly because you were appealing to standards as if they were objective.

I proved that they weren't.

Do you know what this tells us about you?

taoist

And sometimes, when you listen, you hear more than you asked for. Knight, that was just precious. If there's one thing I've found more arbitrary than a standard set down by canonical spirituality, it's got to be the objectivist school. Ayn Rand was a fascist.

Aimiel

There are NO errors?
Correct.
No instances in which the Bible claims rabbits eat their kud, no instances in which insects are said to have four legs (not six)?
I found these answers by doing a simple search, using the terms, "rabbit, chew, cud and Bible."
There are no contradictions in the resurection story between the gospel?
No, for I believe that the differences between what the men remember is a way of proving the accuracy of the parts of their stories which agree.
The bible doesn't display PI has 3?
I'm sorry to dissappoint, but I found another simple solution using the search words, "Bible, Pi and three."[/QUOTE] The bible doesn't say man origionated from the middle east when clear and indisputable archaeological evidence shows man started in Africa?[/QUOTE]Now, wait just a minute... you expect me to accept 'clear and indisputable' evidence (sight unseen mind you) from the people who bring forth theories such as evolution, with no evidence whatsoever to back them up, and say, "Well, it must be so, they said it?" It looks like you have trashed your reasoning abilities. The same group of people who claim to be scientists, with no proof, go around trying to pass of an 'old earth' theory as fact, again with no evidence. What do you take me for? I was born at night, but I wasn't born last night. There has been a lot more archeological proof that the Bible is right than that it is wrong. I have yet to see any that dis-proves anything in the Bible. The things which the Bible gave us, long before science discovered the truth of the matter far outweigh your simple disputations (which, by the way, have now all been shot down).
I would classify the six day creation story and the fall of man as clear fairy-tales.
Of course you would, you have your 'science,' which really is already proven to be full of far more fairy-tales than the Bible.
Most people view noah building a boat then placing animals in it as a nice story; but not one to be taken literally.
I believe that you have some erroneous data here, because many people who don't adhere to Christianity, or even Judaism, believe that Noah built an ark, and that God brought the animals in, two-by-two. His bow in the Heavens kind of trumps your 'most people ' idea.
What else could you call it when a woman talks to a snake, eats an apple then gets expelled from a garden?
The Truth, plain and simple. The really neat part is, one day, that old serpent, the dragon, Satan himself, will be cast alive into the Lake of Fire. :devil:

Aimiel

Because that would mean that (besides foolish, which is understood, on your part) you are also without reason.

smothers

BANNED
Banned
quote:

Because that would mean that (besides foolish, which is understood, on your part) you are also without reason.

-----

And that has what to do with God being evil?

Granite

Hall of Fame
quote:

-----

Lacking reason how can we really believe you can prove and conclusively demonstrate the evil of God?

granite

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Ahem... remember.... you have no standard on which to claim God is evil.

Unless you invented a new standard within the last hour or so.

Aimiel

I don't believe in 'absolute morality.' Hey, stop that guy, he stole my wallet. That's absolutely wrong.

That was one example of foolishness that lack of reason produces. Want to see more? Stay tuned, smothers will be back, after these announcements...

smothers

BANNED
Banned
I just realized why I stopped wasting time on the usenet. It was encounters with social pariah's like Taoist and Knight who live out their life on the Internet. I hope your life is more interesting that the persona you present on the net.

Aimiel

This smothers is OK. You can see that he doesn't have a leg to stand on, but he tries. I admire his stamina, at least. He doesn't anger easily, and that is always a plus, especially around here. He does need to do just a little bit more studying though.

Granite

Hall of Fame
I just realized why I stopped wasting time on the usenet. It was encounters with social pariah's like Taoist and Knight who live out their life on the Internet. I hope your life is more interesting that the persona you present on the net.

Gee folks, that's the sound of someone's wheels spinning!

Look, genius, you're here too, along with the rest of us. Complaining about people living lives out on the net's a real hoot. That's like going to a bar once a week and getting disgusted with the regulars...

granite