ARCHIVE: God's mass-murder in the flood

smothers

BANNED
Banned
Which is worse, God killing 99.999999% of the creatures in the flood or abortionists aborting perhaps hundreds of pre-born a day?

Granite

Hall of Fame
Uh-huh. Righteously judging a planet choked with wickedness and deliberately murdering the unborn aren't exactly the same thing, chief. While you're at it why don't you picket the almighty for the Holocaust, Mao's great leap forward, the Stalinistic purges. Try again.

granite

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
By saying that God is "far more evil than the abortionists," you concede that abortion is evil.

God, being the Creator, has authority over His creation. He can move people from their earthly lives to the afterlife as He chooses.

Humans do not have that authority, except in cases where God has delegated His authority to humans.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Look, you want to debate the virtues and evils of God, knock yourself out. That belongs in an entirely different forum than dispensationalism, for one thing. And for another you're justifying yourself by claiming God's "wickedness" in the flood.

Harping on the injustices of God is as old as man and fundamentally immature. To say that abortionists and God act within the same parameters and can justify their actions equally is a complete non-sequitar.

granite

smothers

BANNED
Banned
I do concede that abortion is evil. Using your analogy, why can't I as the creator of my child, take him from this life to the afterlife. Why is this only reserved for an unseen creator?

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by granite1010
Look, you want to debate the virtues and evils of God, knock yourself out. That belongs in an entirely different forum than dispensationalism, for one thing.
Good call. I've moved this thread to the Philosophy forum.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by smothers
I do concede that abortion is evil. Using your analogy, why can't I as the creator of my child, take him from this life to the afterlife. Why is this only reserved for an unseen creator?
As a parent, you have quite a bit of authority over your children, but you do not have the right to arbitrarily kill them.

You are not the creator of your child.

smothers

BANNED
Banned
I and my wife ARE the creator of my child. The joining of spermazoa and ovum created life where life did not exist.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Was God wrong to forbid Adam and Eve from killing Cain to avenge Abel?

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Please re-read my question. Your answer doesn't make sense.

God FORBADE Adam and Eve from killing Cain. Was God wrong to do this?

smothers

BANNED
Banned
God was wrong for forbidding Adam and Eve from killing Cain. Cain killed his brother therefore Adam and Eve should have killed Cain. Justice demands punishment.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Originally posted by smothers
God was wrong for forbidding Adam and Eve from killing Cain. Cain killed his brother therefore Adam and Eve should have killed Cain. Justice demands punishment.

The state bears the sword, the family does not have this right or responsibility. If I'm not mistaken capital punishment isn't instituted until the creation of cities and organized society in scripture.

granite

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
granite1010,
It's actually instituted right after the flood.