Arafat is DEAD!

Philip

Greetings, Sozo -

God is now declaring to men that all, everywhere, should repent.

Me, you, and Yassir Arafat included.

In Him,

Philip

Philip

Originally posted by Nineveh

Philip,
You mean, is it possible in those final moments of his life he repented and turned to Christ? Personally, I think the likelihood of such a thing is near 0, but I guess we can always hope.

Greetings, Nineveh -

Our God has a great track record at accomplishing the unlikely, doesn't he?

In Him,

Philip

Sozo

Originally posted by Philip

Greetings, Sozo -

God is now declaring to men that all, everywhere, should repent.

Me, you, and Yassir Arafat included.

In Him,

Philip
Yes, thank you, Philip. But, you have shown us time and again that you are unwilling to repent of your pacifistic philosophy, which clearly contradicts what Paul has revealed to us. I have already proved you in error on this subject, and yet you persist. Arafat should have been executed many years ago for his crimes of terror, and his use of his own people as human suicide bombers.

Philip

Originally posted by Sozo

Yes, thank you, Philip. But, you have shown us time and again that you are unwilling to repent of your pacifistic philosophy, which clearly contradicts what Paul has revealed to us. I have already proved you in error on this subject, and yet you persist. Arafat should have been executed many years ago for his crimes of terror, and his use of his own people as human suicide bombers.

Greetings, Sozo -

I am not sure what my thoughts on pacifism have to do with power of God to save sinners.

And if your point is that pacifistic sentiments are wrong whenever they arise, will you advise Christ to repent of his saying "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the sons of God"?

Yes, Yassir Arafat was a miserable sinner. But let me remind you that our God specializes in saving miserable sinners.

In Him,

Philip

Last edited:

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
I think Yasser is still alive and retired, spending his billions somewhere in France and laughing at the stupid 'palestinians' who have been duped by him for 30 years.

Sozo

And if your point is that pacifistic sentiments are wrong whenever they arise, will you advise Christ to repent of his saying "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the sons of God"?
Is it possible to have "peace" in your city if you allow criminals to run free?

Nineveh

Merely Christian

Our God has a great track record at accomplishing the unlikely, doesn't he?

Jesus got Paul's attention. Hopefully Yassir repented, else he is comparing notes with hitler. (Sure, hitler mighta, but I doubt suicide is the first act of many repentant).

Philip

Originally posted by Sozo

Is it possible to have "peace" in your city if you allow criminals to run free?

Greetings, Sozo -

Pardon me, but I am getting lost. Are we discussing domestic peace and criminal justice now? I simply do not see the connection of this new topic to what we were discussing, which was the possibility that the sinner Yassir Arafat was saved at the end.

Would you please connect the dots for me?

In Him,

Philip

Sozo

Greetings, Sozo -

Pardon me, but I am getting lost. Are we discussing domestic peace and criminal justice now? I simply do not see the connection of this new topic to what we were discussing, which was the possibility that the sinner Yassir Arafat was saved at the end.

Would you please connect the dots for me?

In Him,

Philip
Of course I can Philip!

For some reason you have a hard time separating the things Jesus said, that point to Him for salvation, from our responsibility to maintain order and to discipline those who want to bring disorder.

From your first post, you appear to suggest that if Arafat had repented and come to Christ, that we should also forgive him for his acts of terrorism. In other threads, you have hinted at the same ideas, and you could not be more wrong!

I hope Arafat did repent on His death bed, even in his last breath, if possible. I desire that ALL men everywhere repent, and come to Christ and are forgiven of ALL their sins. But that, by no means, removes them from civil penalties.

I believe you told me that you have children. If your child was told not to play ball in the house, and yet did, broke a window, and then came to you and asked for forgiveness, would you forgive them? Of course you would, but they would still need to be punished for their misdeed, otherwise they lose all disrespect for you and the law. After I spank my children for misbehavior, I also hold them in my arms and comfort them.

Many death row inmates are very repentive for the things that they did, and many of them come to Christ, but they should still be executed.

You attributed the comments of Jesus about "peacemakers" being blessed, but you attributed it to your pacifisitic tendancies. The "peacemakers" are those who preach the reconciliation between God and man, not those who bring peace between man and man. However, there should be peace between man and man once both have been reconciled to God, but that does not mean that we allow some sort of brotherly anarchy. Paul speaks plenty concerning church discipline, and he also speaks to those who rebel against their parents, and the governing authorities. Man's salvation does free him from God's law for righteousness, and he is free from God's wrath that comes on those who do not obey the gospel. But, his flesh is still under a death penalty, and in this life, he will still reap what he sows.

Last edited:

Aimiel

The liberal media never reports all the people that are maimed or killed, sometimes miles away, when those bullets come back down. That would put the Philistines in a 'bad light' and they don't want to appear biased.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Originally posted by One Eyed Jack

One of 'em is. Or at least he was at the beginning of the second movie.

You mean he didn't get....'any'...the entire first movie?? :doh: