Arafat is DEAD!

Sozo

Originally posted by BillyBob

OK, I'm ready for my 72 Virgins.
What do they do with them (the girls) when they are no longer virgins? Where do they get more virgins? :confused:

Sozo

Originally posted by BillyBob

Not for long......
The other 70 are lining up now...

:zakath: :liberals: :skeptic: :beanboy: :firechyld :aimiel: :flamer: :granite: :dunce:

Crow

With as many virgins as they've got promised now, they just about have to be to the point of passing out virgin invertibrates.

Philip

Greetings, all -

The posts above don't reflect the attitudes I would have expected from fellow followers of the savior, and I would just like to present a different perspective.

In the last video images we see of Yassir Arafat, gone is the sidearm, the military uniform and the intensity of expression.. We see him instead in a jumpsuit, waving to the crowds from his compound, and then being taken to the hospital. He is weak and shaking, but smiling and blowing kisses. At one point, he tries to kiss the hand of a man who is helping him. He seems caught up in a personal, emotional rapture.

At one level, his mind is all but gone and he's reduced to something almost infantile. He knows nothing of Palestinian politics or intrigues- he's just a small, pathetic, mentally enfeebled old man.

But I see something else, too. With so much of his mental faculties gone - all the hopes, the planning, the scheming, the cares of everday work, and all of the concerns that people use as excuses to resist God's grace - with all of that gone from the mind of Yassir Arafat, these final video images may show us a man in possession of simple joy and the desire to give love to everyone around him.

Am I the only one here willing to entertain the possibility that Arafat's illness was a miraculous gift to him from God; a breaking-down of his resistance to the grace that God wants to give to every person?

Would we tell God he made a mistake if he found a way to save a sinner like Yassir Arafat?

In contrast to Crow's hope that Yassir Arafat is burning in hell, It is my hope that the potential saint in Yassir Arafat was liberated by the grace of God at the end of his life.

In Him,

Philip

Last edited:

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Philip,
You mean, is it possible in those final moments of his life he repented and turned to Christ? Personally, I think the likelihood of such a thing is near 0, but I guess we can always hope.