Anyone Paying ATTENTION? Governor of Texas just...

brinny

Well, you're right in ways you may or may not be aware of. To this day the U.S constitution dictates that gold and silver be it's only legal currency and yet we were blessed with fractional reserve banking in two steps while we were distracted by two world wars.

If someone throws a left look for the right ... it's coming.

astute observation/insight there, bro'

Nazaroo

You really are your own special kind of dumb. The Federal Bank in New York is where the Texas gold is now, and where it will be transferred from when it is shipped back to Texas.

bwaaa ha ha ha.

Bush and his croneys stole the gold during 9/11.

Good luck tracking that operation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkPRskciqVM

http://www.forbiddenknowledgetv.com...ia/911-wtc-17-billion-in-bullion-missing.html

https://911justicehalifax.wordpress.com/2012/09/16/wtc-9-11-biggest-gold-heist-in-history/

pqmomba8

Screw gold - crptocyrrency (like Bitcoin) is the future of money.....he said sarcastically.....or did he? :) Hmmmmmmm......

Mocking You

You mean when they try to redeem the physical gold supposedly backing our fiat notes? Try to do that now and see what happens
:

This has little or nothing to do with my point. My point was if people put their physical gold in the Texas depository and when the crap hits the fan they come to collect it, I'm saying they won't be able to get it.

I'm well aware that citizens cannot redeem their paper money for gold. That's been true since FDR decreed it back in 1933.

If Ft. Knox is as reportedly empty of gold as it's long been rumored to be, what would be the difference to how it is now, Goldfinger?

Y'all have a good weekend.

I'm not saying the (hypothetical) Texas depository would be empty of gold, I'm saying when Armageddon happens, the Texas officials will not release YOUR gold into YOUR possession. They'll just keep it for themselves, most likely.

Mocking You

Well, you're right in ways you may or may not be aware of. To this day the U.S constitution dictates that gold and silver be it's only legal currency and yet we were blessed with fractional reserve banking in two steps while we were distracted by two world wars.

No, the US Constitution merely says that Congress shall have the power to coin money.

"To coin Money, regulate the Value thereof, and of foreign Coin, and fix the Standard of Weights and Measures" --Article 1, sec. 8, clause 5.

There is no mention of gold or silver.

brinny

No, the US Constitution merely says that Congress shall have the power to coin money.

"To coin Money, regulate the Value thereof, and of foreign Coin, and fix the Standard of Weights and Measures" --Article 1, sec. 8, clause 5.

What does this mean, exactly?

Thank you kindly.

Mocking You

What does this mean, exactly?

Thank you kindly.

That the Congress has the power to create money, in those days it was by making coins (but doesn't literally need to be coins). There is no mention of gold or silver.

And that Congress has the power to define the system of standard weights and measures to be used, i.e. English system of inches, pounds, gallons vs. Metric system of centimeters, kilograms, and liters.

fzappa13

Article 1 section 10:

No State shall enter into any Treaty, Alliance, or Confederation; grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal; coin Money; emit Bills of Credit; make any Thing but gold and silver Coin a Tender in Payment of Debts; pass any Bill of Attainder, ex post facto Law, or Law impairing the Obligation of Contracts, or grant any Title of Nobility.

No State shall, without the Consent of the Congress, lay any Imposts or Duties on Imports or Exports, except what may be absolutely necessary for executing it's inspection Laws: and the net Produce of all Duties and Imposts, laid by any State on Imports or Exports, shall be for the Use of the Treasury of the United States; and all such Laws shall be subject to the Revision and Control of the Congress.

No State shall, without the Consent of Congress, lay any duty of Tonnage, keep Troops, or Ships of War in time of Peace, enter into any Agreement or Compact with another State, or with a foreign Power, or engage in War, unless actually invaded, or in such imminent Danger as will not admit of delay.

Now, if you want some real fun, run down the term "title of nobility" when you are done mocking, bright boy.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The University of Texas Investment Management Co., revealed that 5% of its $19.9 billion endowment(it handles Texas A&M as well) was in actual bars of gold bullion in a New York bank vault owned by HSBC Holdings, the London based global banking institution. Not in any gold ETF or individual gold mining shares, or in gold futures;l Texas took delivery of 6,643 actual bars of bullion, or 664,300 ounces– a quite unusual transaction for a university.
I always assumed 400 troy ounces was the standard for a single gold bullion. The above is about 6+ lbs per bar.

AMR

fzappa13

Something else to think about ... if a state can't emit a bill of credit how can anyone owe them anything?

Mocking You

Article 1 section 10:

No State shall enter into any Treaty, Alliance, or Confederation; grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal; coin Money; emit Bills of Credit; make any Thing but gold and silver Coin a Tender in Payment of Debts;

Now, if you want some real fun, run down the term "title of nobility" when you are done mocking, bright boy.

I might do that if you will learn the intention of this clause in the Tenth Amendment, which is to limit STATES from issuing paper money not backed with gold or silver. If every state were to print paper money with no standard of worth backing it, i.e. gold and/or silver there would be confusion when trade was conducted between states. A secondary idea is to simply not have states make their own money.

There is nothing in there about the federal government being restricted from doing so. In fact, the entire 10th amendment is about the limits on states power.

I thought you knew that. Oh well.

Mocking You

What you know about our monetary system and the history of it would rattle in a thimble.

If your knowledge of money were to be shoved up the keester of a flea, it would rattle around like a ping pong ball in a railroad boxcar.

Translation: Read propaganda about conspiracy theories.

No thanks.

Been there. Done that.

Foxfire

I always assumed 400 troy ounces was the standard for a single gold bullion. The above is about 6+ lbs per bar.

AMR

The larger 400 oz bars are typical for mass bulk storage for gold reserves and central banks, but smaller ingots are not uncommon.

The 1,000 gram (32.15 troy oz) "Kilo bars", even smaller than those described in the above post, are used extensively for trading and investment.