Anyone Paying ATTENTION? Governor of Texas just...

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Will have to see what the upshot is...... :think: Thanks for posting....

With Eye on Fiscal Armageddon, Texas Set to 'Repatriate' Its Gold To New Texas Fort Knox

Texas wants its gold back.

On Friday, Gov. Greg Abbott signed legislation that will create a state-run gold depository in the Lone Star State – one that will attempt to rival those operated by the U.S. government inside Fort Knox and the Federal Reserve Bank of New York’s vault in lower Manhattan. “The Texas Bullion Depository,” Abbott said in a statement, “will become the first state-level facility of its kind in the nation, increasing the security and stability of our gold reserves and keeping taxpayer funds from leaving Texas to pay for fees to store gold in facilities outside our state.” Soon, Abbott’s office said, the state “will repatriate $1 billion of gold bullion from the Federal Reserve in New York to Texas.” In other words, when it comes preparing for the currency collapse and financial armeggedon, Abbott's office really seems to think Texas is a whole 'nother country.

And the new depository will not just be a well-guarded warehouse for that bullion. The law Abbott signed calls for the creation of an electronic payments system that will allow gold, silver, platinum, palladium, and rhodium depositors to write checks against their accounts, making the depository into a bank – one that will create a metal-backed money supply intended to challenge the paper currency issued by the Federal Reserve - or "Yankee dollars" as one of the law's top supporters calls them. And in case the Fed or Obama wants to confiscate Texas's gold, nice try Fed and Obama! In keeping with this suspicion of the Fed and Washington, the new law also explicitly declares that no “governmental or quasi-governmental authority other than an authority of [Texas]” will be allowed to confiscate or freeze an account inside the depository. Gold that’s entrusted to Texas will stay in Texas....
read the rest at link http://talkingpointsmemo.com/cafe/w...to-repatriate-its-gold-to-new-texas-fort-know

Mocking You

And in case the Fed or Obama wants to confiscate Texas's gold, nice try Fed and Obama! In keeping with this suspicion of the Fed and Washington, the new law also explicitly declares that no “governmental or quasi-governmental authority other than an authority of [Texas]” will be allowed to confiscate or freeze an account inside the depository.

Wow. How many tinfoil hats does the Texas governor own? First he calls out the Texas State Guard to monitor the Army maneuvers under Jade 15 (because citizens convinced him Obama wants to seize the state), now he's creating a state run gold reserve because he thinks Obama wants to seize Texas' gold.

Texas gold isn't even stored in the Federal Reserve bank and even if it was, the Fed would never simply hand it over.

nikolai_42

Will have to see what the upshot is...... :think: Thanks for posting....

My take? Could be a move towards secession...should the choice be forced.

Or at the very least a hedge against all the economic uncertainty in most of the rest of the country. The Texas economy is doing quite well (relatively speaking) and to have its own reserves would give it a greater measure of independence from the Federal system.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
My take? Could be a move towards secession...should the choice be forced.

Or at the very least a hedge against all the economic uncertainty in most of the rest of the country. The Texas economy is doing quite well (relatively speaking) and to have its own reserves would give it a greater measure of independence from the Federal system.

The bolded part of what you said there, is what it appears to me to be the goal according to the information in the article about it.

But in the end even the gold standard wont mean a thing.

Ezekiel 7:19 "'They will throw their silver into the streets, and their gold will be treated as a thing unclean. Their silver and gold will not be able to deliver them in the day of the LORD's wrath. It will not satisfy their hunger or fill their stomachs, for it has caused them to stumble into sin.

THall

The bolded part of what you said there, is what it appears to me to be the goal according to the information in the article about it.

But in the end even the gold standard wont mean a thing.

Ezekiel 7:19 "'They will throw their silver into the streets, and their gold will be treated as a thing unclean. Their silver and gold will not be able to deliver them in the day of the LORD's wrath. It will not satisfy their hunger or fill their stomachs, for it has caused them to stumble into sin.

Don't tell anyone, but........I don't think this new Texas gold depository is about avoiding the LORD's wrath..........
it may be more about avoiding Federal thieves.....

THall

Texas gold isn't even stored in the Federal Reserve bank and even if it was, the Fed would never simply hand it over.

You really are your own special kind of dumb. The Federal Bank in New York is where the Texas gold is now, and where it will be transferred from when it is shipped back to Texas.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Don't tell anyone, but........I don't think this new Texas gold depository is about avoiding the LORD's wrath..........
it may be more about avoiding Federal thieves.....

And i didn't say it was, i said in the end it wont matter.

brinny

Interesting. It appears that he does not feel that their state's gold is in "good hands" with the feds. Hahaaa, he's got guts, mon. i applaud him for that.

What i find even more interesting is that anyone would think any gold, etc. IS in "good hands" with the feds.

Seriously?

:darwinsm:

Mocking You

You really are your own special kind of dumb. The Federal Bank in New York is where the Texas gold is now, and where it will be transferred from when it is shipped back to Texas.

No, it's in the HSBC in NY City. U of Texas is paying $1M a year to store it there.
----
Indeed, Texas has no gold bars in the Federal Reserve’s New York vault. And what the state has is not worth a billion dollars. Instead some 4,200 gold bars bought in 2011 by the University of Texas’s endowment fund (the second largest in the country after Harvard’s) are stored in the basement vault of HSBC’s headquarters at 450 5th Avenue in New York City, just south of the New York Public Library. For the last four years, the endowment has paid an estimated $1 million per year to store their gold there. (If it had been at the New York Fed the cost would have totaled about $15,400 over that period).

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/cafe/w...to-repatriate-its-gold-to-new-texas-fort-know

The University of Texas Investment Management Co., revealed that 5% of its $19.9 billion endowment(it handles Texas A&M as well) was in actual bars of gold bullion in a New York bank vault owned by HSBC Holdings, the London based global banking institution. Not in any gold ETF or individual gold mining shares, or in gold futures;l Texas took delivery of 6,643 actual bars of bullion, or 664,300 ounces– a quite unusual transaction for a university.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/robertl...ment-holds-1-billion-gold-5-of-its-portfolio/

---

So if I'm "my own special kind of dumb", you're flat out a moron.

Mocking You

Let's say a lot of people decide to store their gold in the Texas gold depository. When the apocalypse happens and everyone runs to Texas to withdraw their gold, naturally it will be handed over, no problems.

Also I bet cronies of the governor get the contract to provide security at the depository, which certainly would never, ever be the target of thieves.

musterion

Let's say a lot of people decide to store their gold in the Texas gold depository. When the apocalypse happens and everyone runs to Texas to withdraw their gold, naturally it will be handed over, no problems.

You mean when they try to redeem the physical gold supposedly backing our fiat notes? Try to do that now and see what happens:

Is U.S. currency still backed by gold?

Federal Reserve notes are not redeemable in gold, silver, or any other commodity. Federal Reserve notes have not been redeemable in gold since January 30, 1934, when the Congress amended Section 16 of the Federal Reserve Act to read: "The said [Federal Reserve] notes shall be obligations of the United States….They shall be redeemed in lawful money on demand at the Treasury Department of the United States, in the city of Washington, District of Columbia, or at any Federal Reserve bank." Federal Reserve notes have not been redeemable in silver since the 1960s.
http://www.federalreserve.gov/faqs/currency_12770.htm

Under 31 U.S.C. 5118(b) as amended, "The United States Government may not pay out any gold coin. A person lawfully holding United States coins and currency may present the coins for currency . . . for exchange (dollar for dollar) for other United States coins and currency (other than gold and silver coins) that . . ." citizens may lawfully own. Although gold certificates are no longer produced and are not redeemable in gold, they still maintain their legal tender status. You may redeem the notes you have through the Treasury Department or any financial institution. The redemption, however, will be at the face value on the note. These notes may, however, have a "premium" value to coin and currency collectors or dealers.
http://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/faqs/Currency/Pages/edu_faq_currency_sales.aspx

Research: it's what's for breakfast.

Also I bet cronies of the governor get the contract to provide security at the depository, which certainly would never, ever be the target of thieves.
If Ft. Knox is as reportedly empty of gold as it's long been rumored to be, what would be the difference to how it is now, Goldfinger?

Y'all have a good weekend.

brinny

Hold you breath waiting and I suspect asphyxiation will ensue.

If you give someone gold don't expect to get it back ... if history is any indicator.

Are you saying that the state of Texas does not own the gold because it is now owned by the feds?

brinny

I'm saying that asking thieves for your money back is a little naive.

Thank you for the clarity.

It sounded, however like he's demanding it back.

The question is:

does he have a right to?

This gets down to the nitty gritty of what this country was founded upon and if those principles still stand.

It should be interesting.

fzappa13

Thank you for the clarity.

It sounded, however like he's demanding it back.

The question is:

does he have a right to?

This gets down to the nitty gritty of what this country was founded upon.

It should be interesting.

Well, you're right in ways you may or may not be aware of. To this day the U.S constitution dictates that gold and silver be it's only legal currency and yet we were blessed with fractional reserve banking in two steps while we were distracted by two world wars.

If someone throws a left look for the right ... it's coming.