Another Saint Louis thug has justice served upon him by police

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Isn't Rev. Wright the guy who kept dwelling on the bad stuff white people have done?

That's what racists do. Aren't we lucky that no one here is like that? (WFTH-I)

And it's no more fair to tar Ted Cruz with the racist evil his father is spouting than it would be to assail Mel Gibson for his dad's rabid anti-Semitism.

bybee

Isn't Rev. Wright the guy who kept dwelling on the bad stuff white people have done?

That's what racists do. Aren't we lucky that no one here is like that? (WFTH-I)

And it's no more fair to tar Ted Cruz with the racist evil his father is spouting than it would be to assail Mel Gibson for his dad's rabid anti-Semitism.

However, we tend to be products of our environment and upbringing. It takes work to break free of the prejudices of our parents.
It seems to me that most of the good posters on TOL are addressing specific hideous incidents perpetrated by specific persons and they are not intending to condemn a whole race.
Reverent Wright not only condemned/ condemns all white people but he also said "God damn America"! Quite all inclusive.

shagster01

Dope will do that to a person shag: make them oblivous to what's happening out in the real world.

You accused me of something I don't do or believe in. Please back it up with some evidence. Where have I advocated for special rights for any race?

You apparently don't need dope to have a fried brain. You were just born a stupid liar.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Bybee writes:
However, we tend to be products of our environment and upbringing. It takes work to break free of the prejudices of our parents.

This is true. It Ted Cruz is not responsible for the evil and racist things that his father has said. However, it is disturbing that he has not distanced himself from them. Even Mel Gibson distanced himself from his fathers vicious smears against Jews.

It seems to me that most of the good posters on TOL are addressing specific hideous incidents perpetrated by specific persons and they are not intending to condemn a whole race.

That would be good, but we keep seeing the same people, and they always find a black person to tell us about. Given that whites commit most crimes in America, it's not hard to figure out what's going on here.

Reverent Wright not only condemned/ condemns all white people

Didn't see that. Do you have a link?

but he also said "God damn America"! Quite all inclusive.

Yep. That would include black and white and all the rest of us. Equal opportunity hater, it seems. Perhaps that's why Obama condemned his statements.

Obama disagrees with, condemns preachers comments
The pastor of my church, Rev. Jeremiah Wright, who recently preached his last sermon and is in the process of retiring, has touched off a firestorm over the last few days. He's drawn attention as the result of some inflammatory and appalling remarks he made about our country, our politics, and my political opponents.

Let me say at the outset that I vehemently disagree and strongly condemn the statements that have been the subject of this controversy. I categorically denounce any statement that disparages our great country or serves to divide us from our allies. I also believe that words that degrade individuals have no place in our public dialogue, whether it's on the campaign stump or in the pulpit. In sum, I reject outright the statements by Rev. Wright that are at issue.

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=4165211

Apparently, the feeling is mutual. Rev. Wright has condemned Obama's relentless hunt and kill policies against terrorist leaders, and his unwillingness to endorse radical proposals on government and police.

According to FOX reporter Griff Jenkins, who was present at the event, Wright only said negative things about Obama.

Appearing on Greta VanSusteren’s FOX show, Jenkins said, “No, there were no complimentary remarks whatsoever. We haven’t seen Reverend Wright in a while. He is back and he is just the same as always, fired up, very incendiary.”

http://benswann.com/rev-wright-attacks-obama-during-controversial-speech-in-chicago/

So Obama and Wright clearly don't agree on policy or race relations. The problem is, Ted Cruz doesn't think it's necessary to distance himself from his father's racist ideas.

And that's a problem for Cruz, if he wants to run for national office.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Shagster dresses down Connie:
You accused me of something I don't do or believe in. Please back it up with some evidence. Where have I advocated for special rights for any race?

You apparently don't need dope to have a fried brain. You were just born a stupid liar.

Everyone knows Connie's behavior. He might believe his fantasies he makes up about others, or it could be simple dishonesty. And you don't know that it's not drug-induced. It could be congenitial or a lack of decent upbringing, or it might be self-inflicted. We just don't know.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Rush, about Ted Cruz:
I want to see a certified copy of his birth certificate ...

Easy to obtain.

Ordering a Birth Document

The Government of Alberta keeps a record of all registered births that take place in Alberta and can only issue birth documents for these births.
Before you Apply

Decide which document you would like to order; and
Make sure you are eligible to order the document.

How to Apply

If you are ordering from within Alberta:
Complete the Application for Ordering Birth, Stillbirth and Marriage Documents (pdf).
Take the completed form and your government issued identification to a registry agent office.
To find a registry agent office by phone, call 780-427-7013 (Edmonton area). Or call 310-0000 (toll free), then dial 780-427-7013.

If you are ordering from outside Alberta:
Complete the Registry Connect Application for Certificate / Documents (pdf).
Take your government issued identification to a Notary Public or Commissioner for Oaths to complete the Statutory Declaration for Proof of Identity.
Mail or courier the original form and Statutory Declaration for Proof of Identity to Registry Connect.

http://www.servicealberta.gov.ab.ca/785.cfm

There might be a slight complication; Cruz recently renounced his Canadian citizenship and is now a naturalized American. I don't know if that would make a difference or not. Probably you could call and find out.

Ted Cruz renounces Canadian citizenship

http://time.com/2854513/ted-cruz-canadian-citizenship/

Apparently, Ted was surprised to learn that he was actually a Canadian citizen, and moved to fix things up politically.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
This is true. It Ted Cruz is not responsible for the evil and racist things that his father has said. However, it is disturbing that he has not distanced himself from them. Even Mel Gibson distanced himself from his fathers vicious smears against Jews.

But it is not a problem for you what al-Qaeda does and says about Jews. This post shows you Ted Cruz will move the country more to the right and Barbie does not want it. He will say and do anything.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
But it is not a problem for you what al-Qaeda does and says about Jews.

If you think so, you've never read any of my posts regarding anti-Semitism. But Al-Qaeda is intensely anti-American, almost to the point of neglecting anti-Semitism. Other Islamic groups are far more focused on Israel.

Hard to say whether you're lying, or merely ignorant. Doesn't matter, except to the degree you're searing your soul with this stuff.

Hope you get better.

This post shows you Ted Cruz will move the country more to the right

North, actually. Calgary is in Canada. I never thought of racism as being "right" in the political sense. Racists are generally stupid, and most racists are conservative, but as John Stuart Mill mill observed, most stupid people are conservative; it doesn't mean most conservatives are stupid.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
I'd rather see the authenticated college transcripts of you-know-who.

Knowing that his anonymous paper was good enough to get him selected as Editor of the Harvard Law Review pretty much tells us that he's smart enough. The chance of someone doing that by dumb luck is pretty close to zero.

The idea that any Obama record is “sealed” is a falsehood, to start. The word “sealed” when applied to documents ordinarily refers to records that would normally be public, but that a judge has ruled cannot be released without the court’s permission. Common examples of truly “sealed” documents include records of crimes committed as a juvenile or records of adoptions. None of the claims in this message refers to records actually “sealed” in that usual sense.

In some cases, the records this screed claims are “sealed” are actually public, and open for anyone to see. Other supposedly “sealed” records are normally private documents that Obama hasn’t released — and that other presidential candidates haven’t released either.

http://www.factcheck.org/2012/07/obamas-sealed-records/

Did you really think college transcripts are public records, Musty? Extra credit: list the U.S. presidents who have released their college transcripts.

Might be a revelation for you. Good luck. The answer is hidden in this post, BTW.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
rocketman's fantasy:

The reality:

I'm heading down the road at normal speed, all the maps show it getting me to my destination safely. I'm being told over and over again by people that the road is about to end and fall off a cliff and that I better slow down, and they know this because a muddled and contradictory book from 2,000 years ago tells them so. However, the believers of this message all disagree about the details. Some say that the road ending off the cliff is an allegory, to teach a lesson to slow down. Some say the road is about to end any minute for real and that I will die if I don't slow down. Others say that the road will end, but it won't be a cliff but rather will just become bumpy with a bunch of pot holes, better slow down to avoid the rough road ahead. All of them point to the same book to say why they are in fact right and have the correct interpretation of this book. Even more strange still, all the ones that have this belief were born into a household indoctrinated from birth to believe this, and that the particular people who have any particular belief are clustered together by location of birth. They were all also told that they are bad people if they don't believe it. I continue looking out ahead of me, but all I continue to see is smooth flat road ahead. People born into different households in different countries tell me that they have a different book, which they were also curiously indoctrinated to believe in by their parents and society. They tell me not to slow down, but rather to speed up, because a big bulldozer is chasing me on the road and that if I don't listen I'll be killed by the bulldozer. I listen for sounds of the bulldozer and don't hear a thing, and continue on my way at the same speed. If I begin to hear the bulldozer or see the road ending, I will act accordingly, but so far, nothing.

You were warned...

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
I'm guessing Musty has now realized his error, and is no longer trying to find a president who released his college transcripts.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Of course not, he should be allowed to defend himself with lethal force if necessary. Why are you even asking me that? I'm not going to mock the death of an 18 year old though and it's sick to see those that do.

Im asking because it seems you question the decision by the cop with the scenerio about shawshank. It doesnt matter how nice a person is that pulls a gun on a cop - to be a deciding factor that they took their own life into their hands by making such a move.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

You advocate special rights if you believe a threat has a color and the color should be a deciding factor in it.