"And You Are Complete in Jesus Christ" Colossians 2:10.

Robert Pate

Banned
If you are complete in Jesus Christ, then why do you need a religion? Religion is really a denial that you are complete in Jesus Christ. Religion is man's effort to become complete in Christ by his works or his obedience to the law. We are MADE complete in Jesus Christ, we do not become complete in Christ by what we do or by what we have become.

In the judgment you will either be found complete in Christ or you will be found in your sins. The only thing that is going to pass in the judgment is the righteousness of Christ. If you enter into the judgment without the righteousness of Christ, you will perish. This is why Paul wrote,

"That I might be found in him, not having my own righteousness which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith, Philippians 3:9.

Everyone seems to believe that they will be saved because they have chosen the correct religion. The Calvinist is sure that he is saved because he is a Calvinist. The Catholic is sure that he is saved because he is a Catholic. They have been deceived. There is nothing in the Bible about Calvinism, nor is there anything in the Bible about Catholicism. There is no scripture in the Bible that says, "Being justified by Calvinism or Catholicism we have peace with God" what the scripture does say is, "Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ" Romans 5:1.

We that are saved have faith that "We are complete in Christ" Colossians 2:10. No religion needed. It was Jesus Christ that fulfilled every jot and tittle of God's holy law, Matthew 5:18. It was Jesus Christ that atoned for our sins and the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2. All that Jesus did, he did for us, in our name and on our behalf, so that we could be perfect and complete in him.

What has John Calvin done for you? Did John Calvin justify you? What has the Catholic church done for you besides give you false hope? Because you are trusting in a false religion you will perish. Only those that are found to be "In Christ" will survive the judgment.

Robert Pate

Banned
Have you entered into HIS rest? You cannot be spiritually complete in Christ if you have not entered into his rest. To enter into HIS rest means that you have stopped trying to be good enough to be saved and you are now resting and trusting in the work and the person of Jesus Christ to save you.

"For he that has entered into his rest, he also has ceased from his own works, as God did from his" Hebrews 4:10.

Are you able to renounce your works or your religion and trust in Christ alone? If you can't, then you are not really trusting in Christ alone. "Many will say to me on that day, Lord, Lord, didn't we?" Matthew 722. Here is a group of people that thought it was Jesus Christ plus their good works or their religion that would save them.

beloved57

Have you entered into HIS rest? You cannot be spiritually complete in Christ if you have not entered into his rest. To enter into HIS rest means that you have stopped trying to be good enough to be saved and you are now resting and trusting in the work and the person of Jesus Christ to save you.

"For he that has entered into his rest, he also has ceased from his own works, as God did from his" Hebrews 4:10.

Are you able to renounce your works or your religion and trust in Christ alone? If you can't, then you are not really trusting in Christ alone. "Many will say to me on that day, Lord, Lord, didn't we?" Matthew 722. Here is a group of people that thought it was Jesus Christ plus their good works or their religion that would save them.

You teach that sinners Christ died for are still lost. That's not Faith in Christ!

Robert Pate

Banned
You teach that sinners Christ died for are still lost. That's not Faith in Christ!

You poor lost blind fool. salvation has been provided for everyone, Hebrews 2:9 because Jesus atoned for everyone's sins, 1 John 2:2.

By denying these two scriptures you have condemned yourself to hell. You would not be happy in heaven any way.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Robert Pate's Favorite Hobby Horse

Robert Pate's Favorite Hobby Horse

There is nothing in the Bible about Calvinism, nor is there anything in the Bible about Catholicism. There is no scripture in the Bible that says, "Being justified by Calvinism or Catholicism we have peace with God" what the scripture does say is, "Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ" Romans 5:1.

The usual straw man, Robert. Makes for good entertainment, but not actual edification. Must every post must include your favorite hobby horse? One trick ponies, sigh.

I have yet to find a Calvinist who says Calvinism is mentioned in Scripture. Thankfully, there is nothing therein remotely related to Pateism.

Rather, what you will find coming out of the mouth of the Calvinist is something along these lines:

Spoiler

If Christ on His cross intended to save every man, then He intended to save those who were lost before He died. If the doctrine be true, that He died for all men, then He died for some who were in Hell before He came into this world, for doubtless there were even then myriads there who had been cast away because of their sins. . . That seems to me a conception a thousand times more repulsive than any of those consequences which are said to be associated with the Calvinistic and Christian doctrine of special and particular redemption. To think that my Savior died for men who were or are in Hell, seems a supposition too horrible for me to entertain. (Spurgeon Autobiography: 1, The Early Years, p. 172)

----
We are often told that we limit the atonement of Christ, because we say that Christ has not made satisfaction for all men, or all men would be saved. Now, our reply to this is that, on the other hand, our opponents limit it, we do not. The Arminians say, Christ died for all men. Ask them what they mean by it.

Did Christ die so as to secure the salvation of all men? They say, "No, certainly not."

We ask them the next question-Did Christ die so as to secure the salvation of any man in particular? They say, "No." They are obliged to admit this if they are consistent. They say, "No; Christ has died so that any man may be saved if"-and then follow certain conditions of salvation.

We say then, we will just go back to the old statement-Christ did not die so as beyond a doubt to secure the salvation of anybody, did He? You must say "No;" you are obliged to say so, for you believe that even after a man has been pardoned, he may yet fall from grace and perish.

Now, who is it that limits the death of Christ? Why you... We say Christ so died that He infallibly secured the salvation of a multitude that no man can number, who through Christ's death not only may be saved, but are saved, must be saved, and cannot by any possibility run the hazard of being anything but saved. You are welcome to your atonement; you may keep it. We will never renounce ours for the sake of it. (Spurgeon, Sermon 181, New York Street Pulpit, IV, p. 135)

----
I would rather believe a limited atonement that is efficacious for all men for whom it was intended, than a universal atonement that is not efficacious for anybody, except the will of men be added to it. (Sermons, Vol. 4, p. 70)

----
A redemption which pays a price, but does not ensure that which is purchased - a redemption which calls Christ a substitute for the sinner, but yet which allows the person to suffer - is altogether unworthy of our apprehensions of Almighty God. It offers no homage to his wisdom, and does despite to his covenant faithfulness. We could not and would not receive such a travesty of divine truth as that would be. There is no ground for any comfort whatever in it. (Sermons, Vol. 49, p. 39)

----
It is no novelty, then, that I am preaching; no new doctrine. I love to proclaim these strong old doctrines that are called by nickname Calvinism, but which are truly and verily the revealed truth of God as it is in Christ Jesus. By this truth I make my pilgrimage into the past, and as I go, I see father after father, confessor after confessor, martyr after martyr, standing up to shake hands with me . . . Taking these things to be the standard of my faith, I see the land of the ancients peopled with my brethren; I behold multitudes who confess the same as I do, and acknowledge that this is the religion of God's own church. (Spurgeon's Sovereign Grace Sermons, Still Waters Revival Books, p. 170)

----
When I was coming to Christ, I thought I was doing it all myself, and though I sought the Lord earnestly, I had no idea the Lord was seeking me. I do not think the young convert is at first aware of this. I can recall the very day and hour when first I received those truths in my own soul - when they were as John Bunyan says, burnt into my heart as with a hot iron; and I can recollect how I felt that I had grown all of a sudden from a babe into a man - that I had made progress in scriptural knowledge, through having found, once for all, the clue to the truth of God ... I saw that God was at the bottom of it all, and that He was the Author of my faith, and so the whole doctrine of grace opened up to me, and from that doctrine I have not departed to this day, and I desire to make this my constant confession, I ascribe my change wholly to God. (Autobiography: 1, The Early Years, Banner of Truth, p. 164-165)

----
I have my own opinion that there is no such thing as preaching Christ and Him crucified, unless we preach what nowadays is called Calvinism. It is a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else. I do not believe we can preach the gospel if we do not preach justification by faith without works; nor unless we preach the sovereignty of God in His dispensation of grace; nor unless we exalt the electing unchangeable eternal, immutable, conquering love of Jehovah; nor do I think we can preach the gospel unless we base it upon the special and particular redemption of His elect and chosen people which Christ wrought out upon the cross. (Autobiography: 1, The Early Years, p. 168)

----
I believe that Christ came into the world not to put men into a savable state, but into a saved state. Not to put them where they could save themselves, but to do the work in them and for them, from first to last. If I did not believe that there was might going forth with the word of Jesus which makes men willing, and which turns them from the error of their ways by the mighty, overwhelming, constraining force of divine influence, I should cease to glory in the cross of Christ. (Sermons, Vol. 3, p. 34)

----
A man is not saved against his will, but he is made willing by the operation of the Holy Ghost. A mighty grace which he does not wish to resist enters into the man, disarms him, makes a new creature of him, and he is saved. (Sermons, Vol. 10, p.309)

----
Repentance is a part of salvation, and when Christ saves us, he saves us by making us repent. But repentance does not save. It is the work of God alone. (Sermons, Vol. 12, p. 198)

AMR

Nanja

You poor lost blind fool. salvation has been provided for everyone, Hebrews 2:9 because Jesus atoned for everyone's sins, 1 John 2:2.

By denying these two scriptures you have condemned yourself to hell. You would not be happy in heaven any way.

SALVATION:

According to the scriptures, Salvation has been provided exclusively for all the Election of Grace, the Seed of Christ, Chosen in Him by the Father, to be Holy and without blame before Him in Love, to have forgiveness of sins according to the riches of His Grace Eph. 1:4-7.

They are the "every" of Heb. 2:9 from every ethnicity, whether jew or gentile: the Seed of Abraham Gal. 3:16, 29 from all the nations of the World 1 John 2:2, who were reconciled to God while being His enemies Rom. 5:10.

NO SALVATION:

However, those outside of God's Mercy and Grace Rom. 9:22 were already condemned John 3:18,36!

Robert Pate

Banned
SALVATION:

According to the scriptures, Salvation has been provided exclusively for all the Election of Grace, the Seed of Christ, Chosen in Him by the Father, to be Holy and without blame before Him in Love, to have forgiveness of sins according to the riches of His Grace Eph. 1:4-7.

They are the "every" of Heb. 2:9 from every ethnicity, whether jew or gentile: the Seed of Abraham Gal. 3:16, 29 from all the nations of the World 1 John 2:2, who were reconciled to God while being His enemies Rom. 5:10.

NO SALVATION:

However, those outside of God's Mercy and Grace Rom. 9:22 were already condemned John 3:18,36!

You and B57 are about as hell bound as they come. You have 0 faith in God and his Son Jesus Christ.

You are wrong, according to the Bible salvation has been provided for THE WHOLE WORLD, 1 John 2:2. You are not able to comprehend these simple Bible truths because you are void of the Holy Spirit.

This causes you to twist and pervert God's word. The God that you believe in does not exist.

musterion

I have yet to find a Calvinist who says Calvinism is mentioned in Scripture.

AMR

How about one who equated it with Scripture?

Calvinism did not spring from Calvin. We believe that it sprang from the great Founder of all truth. (Charles Spurgeon, Sermons, Vol. 7, p. 298).

I have my own opinion that there is no such thing as preaching Christ and Him crucified, unless we preach what nowadays is called Calvinism. It is a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else. (Charles Spurgeon, The New Park Street Pulpit, Vol. 1, 1856).

It is no novelty, then, that I am preaching; no new doctrine. I love to proclaim these strong old doctrines that are called by nickname Calvinism, but which are truly and verily the revealed truth of God as it is in Christ Jesus. By this truth I make my pilgrimage into the past, and as I go, I see father after father, confessor after confessor, martyr after martyr, standing up to shake hands with me . . . Taking these things to be the standard of my faith, I see the land of the ancients peopled with my brethren; I behold multitudes who confess the same as I do, and acknowledge that this is the religion of God's own church. (Spurgeon's Sovereign Grace Sermons, Still Waters Revival Books, p. 170).

oopsie

Robert Pate

Banned
The usual straw man, Robert. Makes for good entertainment, but not actual edification. Must every post must include your favorite hobby horse? One trick ponies, sigh.

I have yet to find a Calvinist who says Calvinism is mentioned in Scripture. Thankfully, there is nothing therein remotely related to Pateism.

Rather, what you will find coming out of the mouth of the Calvinist is something along these lines:

Spoiler

If Christ on His cross intended to save every man, then He intended to save those who were lost before He died. If the doctrine be true, that He died for all men, then He died for some who were in Hell before He came into this world, for doubtless there were even then myriads there who had been cast away because of their sins. . . That seems to me a conception a thousand times more repulsive than any of those consequences which are said to be associated with the Calvinistic and Christian doctrine of special and particular redemption. To think that my Savior died for men who were or are in Hell, seems a supposition too horrible for me to entertain. (Spurgeon Autobiography: 1, The Early Years, p. 172)

----
We are often told that we limit the atonement of Christ, because we say that Christ has not made satisfaction for all men, or all men would be saved. Now, our reply to this is that, on the other hand, our opponents limit it, we do not. The Arminians say, Christ died for all men. Ask them what they mean by it.

Did Christ die so as to secure the salvation of all men? They say, "No, certainly not."

We ask them the next question-Did Christ die so as to secure the salvation of any man in particular? They say, "No." They are obliged to admit this if they are consistent. They say, "No; Christ has died so that any man may be saved if"-and then follow certain conditions of salvation.

We say then, we will just go back to the old statement-Christ did not die so as beyond a doubt to secure the salvation of anybody, did He? You must say "No;" you are obliged to say so, for you believe that even after a man has been pardoned, he may yet fall from grace and perish.

Now, who is it that limits the death of Christ? Why you... We say Christ so died that He infallibly secured the salvation of a multitude that no man can number, who through Christ's death not only may be saved, but are saved, must be saved, and cannot by any possibility run the hazard of being anything but saved. You are welcome to your atonement; you may keep it. We will never renounce ours for the sake of it. (Spurgeon, Sermon 181, New York Street Pulpit, IV, p. 135)

----
I would rather believe a limited atonement that is efficacious for all men for whom it was intended, than a universal atonement that is not efficacious for anybody, except the will of men be added to it. (Sermons, Vol. 4, p. 70)

----
A redemption which pays a price, but does not ensure that which is purchased - a redemption which calls Christ a substitute for the sinner, but yet which allows the person to suffer - is altogether unworthy of our apprehensions of Almighty God. It offers no homage to his wisdom, and does despite to his covenant faithfulness. We could not and would not receive such a travesty of divine truth as that would be. There is no ground for any comfort whatever in it. (Sermons, Vol. 49, p. 39)

----
It is no novelty, then, that I am preaching; no new doctrine. I love to proclaim these strong old doctrines that are called by nickname Calvinism, but which are truly and verily the revealed truth of God as it is in Christ Jesus. By this truth I make my pilgrimage into the past, and as I go, I see father after father, confessor after confessor, martyr after martyr, standing up to shake hands with me . . . Taking these things to be the standard of my faith, I see the land of the ancients peopled with my brethren; I behold multitudes who confess the same as I do, and acknowledge that this is the religion of God's own church. (Spurgeon's Sovereign Grace Sermons, Still Waters Revival Books, p. 170)

----
When I was coming to Christ, I thought I was doing it all myself, and though I sought the Lord earnestly, I had no idea the Lord was seeking me. I do not think the young convert is at first aware of this. I can recall the very day and hour when first I received those truths in my own soul - when they were as John Bunyan says, burnt into my heart as with a hot iron; and I can recollect how I felt that I had grown all of a sudden from a babe into a man - that I had made progress in scriptural knowledge, through having found, once for all, the clue to the truth of God ... I saw that God was at the bottom of it all, and that He was the Author of my faith, and so the whole doctrine of grace opened up to me, and from that doctrine I have not departed to this day, and I desire to make this my constant confession, I ascribe my change wholly to God. (Autobiography: 1, The Early Years, Banner of Truth, p. 164-165)

----
I have my own opinion that there is no such thing as preaching Christ and Him crucified, unless we preach what nowadays is called Calvinism. It is a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else. I do not believe we can preach the gospel if we do not preach justification by faith without works; nor unless we preach the sovereignty of God in His dispensation of grace; nor unless we exalt the electing unchangeable eternal, immutable, conquering love of Jehovah; nor do I think we can preach the gospel unless we base it upon the special and particular redemption of His elect and chosen people which Christ wrought out upon the cross. (Autobiography: 1, The Early Years, p. 168)

----
I believe that Christ came into the world not to put men into a savable state, but into a saved state. Not to put them where they could save themselves, but to do the work in them and for them, from first to last. If I did not believe that there was might going forth with the word of Jesus which makes men willing, and which turns them from the error of their ways by the mighty, overwhelming, constraining force of divine influence, I should cease to glory in the cross of Christ. (Sermons, Vol. 3, p. 34)

----
A man is not saved against his will, but he is made willing by the operation of the Holy Ghost. A mighty grace which he does not wish to resist enters into the man, disarms him, makes a new creature of him, and he is saved. (Sermons, Vol. 10, p.309)

----
Repentance is a part of salvation, and when Christ saves us, he saves us by making us repent. But repentance does not save. It is the work of God alone. (Sermons, Vol. 12, p. 198)

AMR

You have embraced a religion that was conceived in the mind of a heretic back in the 1500's. The truth is in the Bible which you have rejected. what you call Pateism is the Historical Gospel of Jesus Christ. It is the Gospel that Justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and reconciles the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:19.

It appears to me that you and others that have embraced Calvinism are in denial of the Gospel and justification by faith. What makes you think that Calvinism is going to save you? There is NOTHING in the Bible about Calvinism. The Bible plainly teaches that salvation is by grace through faith.

musterion

Can't leave without mentioning this one...

I would rather believe a limited atonement that is efficacious for all men for whom it was intended, than a universal atonement that is not efficacious for anybody, except the will of men be added to it. (Charles Spurgeon, Sermons, Vol. 4, p. 70)

glorydaz

We say then, we will just go back to the old statement-Christ did not die so as beyond a doubt to secure the salvation of anybody, did He? You must say "No;"

I say, "Yes". He died for all by giving them access to His Grace.

To secure salvation for all who access that GRACE through FAITH.

What more does He ask of man, but that he believe?

GRACE AND FAITH.....all throughout the Scripture. Never changing. Always the same.

Nanja

You and B57 are about as hell bound as they come. You have 0 faith in God and his Son Jesus Christ.

You are wrong, according to the Bible salvation has been provided for THE WHOLE WORLD, 1 John 2:2. You are not able to comprehend these simple Bible truths because you are void of the Holy Spirit.

This causes you to twist and pervert God's word. The God that you believe in does not exist.

The only Faith that pleases God is a fruit of the Spirit given to God's Elect in New Birth Gal. 5:22.

Pate, the reason why you can't comprehend the Truth of the scriptures is because the Gospel has been deliberately hid from you 2 Cor. 4:3-4.

1 Cor 2:14
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

So you are in direct contrast to the Election of Grace
who were Chosen to Salvation and Belief of the Truth !

2 Thes. 2:13
But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

Who received the Truth with all readiness of mind because of the Spirit's Sanctifying Work in them Acts 17:11 !

Robert Pate

Banned
The only Faith that pleases God is a fruit of the Spirit given to God's Elect in New Birth Gal. 5:22.

Pate, the reason why you can't comprehend the Truth of the scriptures is because the Gospel has been deliberately hid from you 2 Cor. 4:3-4.

1 Cor 2:14
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

So you are in direct contrast to the Election of Grace
who were Chosen to Salvation and Belief of the Truth !

2 Thes. 2:13
But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

Who received the Truth with all readiness of mind because of the Spirit's Sanctifying Work in them Acts 17:11 !

You have what is known as a selective faith. You have selected certain scriptures that you believe, probably about 70% of the Bible. The other 30% which is about the Gospel and justification by faith you have rejected. You believe that the Bible is full of errors and mistakes. Without the whole word of God you will never have the truth. It is not possible for you to have faith in God and his Son Jesus Christ if you only believe part of the bible.

Nanja

You have what is known as a selective faith. You have selected certain scriptures that you believe, probably about 70% of the Bible. The other 30% which is about the Gospel and justification by faith you have rejected. You believe that the Bible is full of errors and mistakes. Without the whole word of God you will never have the truth. It is not possible for you to have faith in God and his Son Jesus Christ if you only believe part of the bible.

Utter Nonsense!

It's solely by the Faith or Faithulness of Jesus Christ that a person is Justified by Faith, in His Obedience unto death, His Faithfulness in obeying all the Law perfectly for those He died in behalf of Rom. 5:19, the Elect of God or His Body the Church.

Rom. 8:33
Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

So to teach that a person is justified by his own faith, which is a work of the law and of the flesh, he is in direct conflict with the Word of God!

Gal. 2:16
Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

And it's the same Truth taught in Rom. 5:1:

Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:

All God's Elect, His Church, shall have their Justification that already exists in the Mind of God, revealed to them in time when they are Given His Spirit in New Birth, of Whom Faith is a fruit of Gal. 5:22.

2 Tim. 1:9
Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

Rom. 5:9-10

9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

beloved57

How do you have Faith in Christ as the Saviour when you teach that sinners He Lived and died for remain condemned and lost ?

Robert Pate

Banned
How do you have Faith in Christ as the Saviour when you teach that sinners He Lived and died for remain condemned and lost ?

No one will be saved that does not believe that Jesus has atoned for their sins and the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2.

You are in conflict with the word of God and the Gospel of Jesus Christ. By your own free will you have condemned yourself to the lake of fire.

Robert Pate

Banned
Utter Nonsense!

It's solely by the Faith or Faithulness of Jesus Christ that a person is Justified by Faith, in His Obedience unto death, His Faithfulness in obeying all the Law perfectly for those He died in behalf of Rom. 5:19, the Elect of God or His Body the Church.

Rom. 8:33
Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

So to teach that a person is justified by his own faith, which is a work of the law and of the flesh, he is in direct conflict with the Word of God!

Gal. 2:16
Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

And it's the same Truth taught in Rom. 5:1:

Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:

All God's Elect, His Church, shall have their Justification that already exists in the Mind of God, revealed to them in time when they are Given His Spirit in New Birth, of Whom Faith is a fruit of Gal. 5:22.

2 Tim. 1:9
Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

Rom. 5:9-10

9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

You make a mockery out of God's word the Bible and a sham out of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. You will not escape hell.

Nanja

You make a mockery out of God's word the Bible and a sham out of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. You will not escape hell.

The Gospel of the Power of God is hid from you, because you are lost. 2 Cor. 4:3-4; void of Spiritual Light Is. 8:20!

The True Gospel is the Testimony of Eternal Grace given in Christ to all God's Elect which were Justified / Saved before the World began:

2 Tim. 1:8-9

8 Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God;

9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began