And so it begins

xAvarice

BANNED
Banned
I'm never reading a thread from the start again!

I started quoting people and writing a reply... now it's all in vain.

IS THE THREAD ABOUT ME YET?...

Kidding, but wow - what an onion.

What is normal religious debate?

Sounds like a gang of cats in the alley.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I'm never reading a thread from the start again!
Noob. :eek:

I started quoting people and writing a reply... now it's all in vain.
Only if you're aCW. But then it's more all in vanity, but that's close.

IS THE THREAD ABOUT ME YET?...
I'm taking the over on that one.

Re: the sound of religious discussion.
Sounds like a gang of cats in the alley.
A catechism? :poly:

Spitfire

I was basically searching for normal religious debate, sharing my perspective as an atheist. However, I suppose I really should have read some of the threads here before joining. It merely seems to be a praise jesus forum.
The atheists who don't do well here are the ones who come in thinking we're a bunch of idiots and that they're either going to humiliate everyone here or set us all straight. Those usually flame out very quickly. If that doesn't sound like you and you're more interested in learning, understanding, and discussing the reasons why people believe (or don't believe) what they do, I don't think you'd have much trouble finding a willing audience for your ideas and commentary.

Sure, it would only be a matter of time before you met some Christians who confuse debate and discussion with repetition of maxims and baseless accusations and insults, but none of that's directed at atheists in particular. Sadly, that's how they are with most if not all of the other Christians here too. :mmph:

Quincy

Hello and welcome.

There are more non-believers here than you seem to think. Stick around, wait until a topic pops up the majority of us actually want to discuss. Some of us have been here awhile and are a little tired of riding the same rollercoaster, if you know what I mean.

Lon

:up: I'd way rather see an atheist admit he's been stupid (and/or undiscerning) than to have to prove it to him/her before they leave!

Kudos Infidel :wave2:

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
I was basically searching for normal religious debate, sharing my perspective as an atheist. However, I suppose I really should have read some of the threads here before joining. It merely seems to be a praise jesus forum.

That's a bit twitty isn't it? of course christians are going to praise Jesus. But I have always failed to understand how atheists can prognosticate on the subject of a faith which they do not have and know nothing about. You are the have nots/know nots.