And so it begins

Mr Infidel

I was doing an extensive engine search for a religious debate forum, and this site appeared as one of the options. Therefore, here I am.

Mr Infidel

From what I have seen so far, it seems that there are not very many atheists or agnostics here. It leads me to believe that the overwhelming "Christian" clique ends up driving them away.

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
From what I have seen so far, it seems that there are not very many atheists or agnostics here. It leads me to believe that the overwhelming "Christian" clique ends up driving them away.
Actually they tend to get bored.

Mr Infidel

What was it that you were looking to discuss?

I was basically searching for normal religious debate, sharing my perspective as an atheist. However, I suppose I really should have read some of the threads here before joining. It merely seems to be a praise jesus forum.

PureX

I was basically searching for normal religious debate, sharing my perspective as an atheist. However, I suppose I really should have read some of the threads here before joining. It merely seems to be a praise jesus forum.
It's not all that. There has been a recent 'purge', and the result has made the site a little boring. But it'll likely pick up. It goes in cycles.

What does an atheist want to discuss/debate about religion? What is your feeling about religion/God/ect.?

not4sure

We are not a unified Clique. We're a circular firing squad... just stay out of the middle.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
That's not a reasonable position to take with so little experience here and without a means to corroborate the speculation.

In fact, there are a number of long time participants from that particular perspective. At least one is in the TOL Hall of Fame, which would be a peculiar way to run him off... fool (no, that's the HOF poster's username). A few others off the top of my friends list? Mighty Duck, rexlunae, Silent Hunter, Rusha, alwight, Granite, Memento Mori, Quincy, quip, Zeus and there are a number of others currently on hiatus, but who stop in now and again, like Layla or Happy Cetacean. You should talk to one of them about life around here.

Not sure what Pure means by a recent purge.

Welcome aboard. :e4e:

PureX

What is normal religious debate?
"My idea of God is God, and your idea of God is heretical!"

Or...

"A" writes: "I'm not saying that God doesn't exist, I'm just saying that I don't believe that gods exist" while "Z" responds: "Burn in hell you heretic!" :)

fool

Hall of Fame
From what I have seen so far, it seems that there are not very many atheists or agnostics here.
They mostly migrated over to Atheologyonline and got trapped in there when it was shut down and archived.
It only had three threads;
"God doesn't exist!"
"God, still not existing"
And my favorite
"Recipes we don't like"
It leads me to believe that the overwhelming "Christian" clique ends up driving them away.
The Christians here mostly bash the other Christians for not being the right kind of Christians.
It's pretty funny.
That's why I stay.