AN OPPORTUNITY TO TRY SOMETHING NEW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
I'm suggesting that violence may already be upon us. But not of my doing.

So was Saddam Hussein...officially. That's what happens when you kill the opposition and any critical journalists.

from what i've read, putin's popularity is genuine, especially among the demographic that didn't know communism

rexlunae

from what i've read, putin's popularity is genuine,

I'm not saying that it isn't, and it isn't surprising when you have a leader who consolidates control to the degree that he has. Hitler wasn't popular when he became chancellor, but at the time that he began WWII, he was, by most accounts, very popular, something like 80% support.

Of course, with both Putin and Hitler, there is a genuine problem measuring popularity, as it can be dangerous to express dissent.

especially among the demographic that didn't know communism

The demographic that knew Communism was used to the government being untrustworthy, and while they were not able to rise up against it, they still didn't generally trust it.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I'm not saying that it isn't, and it isn't surprising when you have a leader who consolidates control to the degree that he has. Hitler wasn't popular when he became chancellor, but at the time that he began WWII, he was, by most accounts, very popular, something like 80% support.

Of course, with both Putin and Hitler, there is a genuine problem measuring popularity, as it can be dangerous to express dissent.

The demographic that knew Communism was used to the government being untrustworthy, and while they were not able to rise up against it, they still didn't generally trust it.

Where do you get your historical information from? One of those "8-Ball" toys, perhaps?

rexlunae

Rex, I hate to be the one to tell you this, however, you're not coming off as a "Mensa Member." I hope you understand what I'm saying?

I'm not a Mensa member, but I don't really think much of the judgement of a guy who can't be bothered to read a full screenfull-long point-by-point answer.

Quincy

No one with any sense believed that Mexico would actually do that, or that they were even capable of doing it. Plus, would you really want the people that you're trying to keep out to have anything to do with the structure that's supposed to keep them out?

It was a pretty dumb statement but a very effective campaign tool. Every time he said something like that, it just caused the media to focus on him, 24/7.

EDIT: I also don't think most people even believed he was serious. Doesn't take away from it being a good idea, I guess.

Arthur Brain

President-elect Trump is asking taxpayers to pay for "The Wall." I know that he said during his campaign, he would have Mexico pay for it, however, sometimes there are unforeseen situations that occur and a new avenue has to be taken. I say, "The Wall" needs to be built even if the taxpayers have to foot the bill. The Wall will stop illegal entries into our country, especially, terrorists and other unruly types.

I voted for Trump for the following reasons: We need a businessman in the White House. We need "new blood" in the White House. We need to wash away old political cronies who say plenty but do nothing. We need to try a different alternative to what we've been receiving. Too many "sore losers" have been demonizing Trump before he even gets into office. The far left has lost all self-control and is out to destroy Trump before he has an opportunity to shine.

I also don't blame Trump for not trusting the so called, "Intelligence Department." They're the same ones who reported that Iraq had weapons of massive destruction, remember? Trump needs to dismantle Obamacare and replace it, yesterday. I've seen what it's done to the lower middle class and it's disgusting, to say the least. I have a friend who was forced to purchase a "policy" for five-hundred dollars a month with a six-thousand dollar deductible. In reality, that's called: "Catastrophic Insurance." She was never allowed to use it, so she was just throwing her money away each month.

Obamacare had no effect on the rich and little or no effect on the higher middle class. The poor are the only ones who gained anything from Obamacare. It's one of the worst policies that tainted Obama's "Legacy." To my way of thinking, Obama was the worst President of my lifetime. Carter was the second and George W. Bush was the third. It would be nice for the far left to stop weeping/crying and bellyaching and give Donald Trump a chance. We all need a chance and a change.

"Unforeseen situations"?

Such as? Did you actually think he was serious about charging Mexico to build the thing? You've been duped by the guy before he's even in office GM, and your naivety and willingness to justify his *turnaround* by willingly footing the bill out of your own pocket is just the kind of thing he'd have been counting on.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
No one with any sense believed that Mexico would actually do that, or that they were even capable of doing it. Plus, would you really want the people that you're trying to keep out to have anything to do with the structure that's supposed to keep them out?

It was a pretty dumb statement but a very effective campaign tool. Every time he said something like that, it just caused the media to focus on him, 24/7.

EDIT: I also don't think most people even believed he was serious. Doesn't take away from it being a good idea, I guess.
Trump keeps his promises =

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
President-elect Trump is asking taxpayers to pay for "The Wall."
Bought it when it first came out. Some good stuff, but if I hear "We don't need no education!" ...wait, that's the new DeVos motto...and I've spoiled it.

sometimes there are unforeseen situations that occur and a new avenue has to be taken.
That's an interesting word choice. I mean instead of going with the completely unsupportable "unforseeable". Unforseen as in the absence of clairvoyance?

The Wall will stop illegal entries into our country, especially, terrorists and other unruly types.
The wall won't stop a single terrorist. Unless you're going to build another across the Canadian border too. In which case it still won't stop terrorists, but it might slow down the Canadians...which would be one measurable benefit.

Too many "sore losers" have been demonizing Trump before he even gets into office.
That just sounds like politics as usual.

Obamacare had no effect on the rich and little or no effect on the higher middle class.The poor are the only ones who gained anything from Obamacare.
The "least of these"? Sweet. :)

It would be nice for the far left to stop weeping/crying and bellyaching and give Donald Trump a chance.
For eight years the president and anyone rooting for him to succeed has heard his birth, religion, and character questioned and disparaged like it was a cottage industry and now the right has the reigns and they think it's time for public restraint?

clap.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.