AN OPPORTUNITY TO TRY SOMETHING NEW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
President-elect Trump is asking taxpayers to pay for "The Wall." I know that he said during his campaign, he would have Mexico pay for it, however, sometimes there are unforeseen situations that occur and a new avenue has to be taken. I say, "The Wall" needs to be built even if the taxpayers have to foot the bill. The Wall will stop illegal entries into our country, especially, terrorists and other unruly types.

I voted for Trump for the following reasons: We need a businessman in the White House. We need "new blood" in the White House. We need to wash away old political cronies who say plenty but do nothing. We need to try a different alternative to what we've been receiving. Too many "sore losers" have been demonizing Trump before he even gets into office. The far left has lost all self-control and is out to destroy Trump before he has an opportunity to shine.

I also don't blame Trump for not trusting the so called, "Intelligence Department." They're the same ones who reported that Iraq had weapons of massive destruction, remember? Trump needs to dismantle Obamacare and replace it, yesterday. I've seen what it's done to the lower middle class and it's disgusting, to say the least. I have a friend who was forced to purchase a "policy" for five-hundred dollars a month with a six-thousand dollar deductible. In reality, that's called: "Catastrophic Insurance." She was never allowed to use it, so she was just throwing her money away each month.

Obamacare had no effect on the rich and little or no effect on the higher middle class. The poor are the only ones who gained anything from Obamacare. It's one of the worst policies that tainted Obama's "Legacy." To my way of thinking, Obama was the worst President of my lifetime. Carter was the second and George W. Bush was the third. It would be nice for the far left to stop weeping/crying and bellyaching and give Donald Trump a chance. We all need a chance and a change.

nikolai_42

The wall will only go so far. We need more border patrol and tougher enforcement. Enforce the laws on the books. Obamacare needs to go, but how it is done will determine how much chaos the nation's health care system will have to endure until things are settled (remember that flow chart that showed how far-reaching the bill's effects were to be?). Hacking may or may not have been Russia - but it's clear that Obama let things go for years until it was politically expedient for him to make an issue out of it.

As for the worst modern president, LBJ,s "War on Poverty" is probably the biggest single reason the country is in the financial and bureaucratic mess it is today. It has justified the tax and spend policies of every Democrat since and accelerated the nation's indebtedness drastically. I would argue he oversaw the biggest increase in government expansion since FDR. And in terms of personal conduct, he was a rotter.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
President-elect Trump is asking taxpayers to pay for "The Wall." I know that he said during his campaign, he would have Mexico pay for it, however, sometimes there are unforeseen situations that occur and a new avenue has to be taken...

Yet another campaign promise broken.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
The wall will only go so far. We need more border patrol and tougher enforcement. Enforce the laws on the books. Obamacare needs to go, but how it is done will determine how much chaos the nation's health care system will have to endure until things are settled (remember that flow chart that showed how far-reaching the bill's effects were to be?). Hacking may or may not have been Russia - but it's clear that Obama let things go for years until it was politically expedient for him to make an issue out of it.

As for the worst modern president, LBJ,s "War on Poverty" is probably the biggest single reason the country is in the financial and bureaucratic mess it is today. It has justified the tax and spend policies of every Democrat since and accelerated the nation's indebtedness drastically. I would argue he oversaw the biggest increase in government expansion since FDR. And in terms of personal conduct, he was a rotter.

That's your opinion and you have the right to have it.

rexlunae

President-elect Trump is asking taxpayers to pay for "The Wall." I know that he said during his campaign, he would have Mexico pay for it, however, sometimes there are unforeseen situations that occur and a new avenue has to be taken.

Unforeseen? The only sense in which it was unforeseen is that the average Trumper didn't realize that Trump couldn't make Mexico pay for it. Everyone else is saying "yeah, duh, he can't do that. Like we've been saying."

I say, "The Wall" needs to be built even if the taxpayers have to foot the bill. The Wall will stop illegal entries into our country, especially, terrorists and other unruly types.

No, it won't. And it won't fix our broken immigration system, either. It's completely symbollic.

I voted for Trump for the following reasons: We need a businessman in the White House.

Why?

We need "new blood" in the White House. We need to wash away old political cronies who say plenty but do nothing. We need to try a different alternative to what we've been receiving.

Have you seen Trump's cabinet picks? You got duped, dude. The only question is how long it takes to catch up to you.

Too many "sore losers" have been demonizing Trump before he even gets into office.

A lot of those "sore losers" are people who Trump demonized while he was running. And wouldn't you be a little sore if your candidate got more votes by a lot and still lost the election? I think you would.

The far left has lost all self-control and is out to destroy Trump before he has an opportunity to shine.

A lot of Americans are out to stop a dangerous and destructive agenda from being implemented.

I also don't blame Trump for not trusting the so called, "Intelligence Department." They're the same ones who reported that Iraq had weapons of massive destruction, remember?

That's actually not true either. The Bush administration wanted to go to war, so they used faulty intelligence to justify it.

Trump needs to dismantle Obamacare and replace it, yesterday.

They won't. They'll dismantle it, millions of people will lose their health care, and they won't replace it with anything. Because they don't want to.

I think the overwhelming majority of Republicans don't so much object to Obamacare. They object to giving Obama a win. They see anything Obama accomplished as a target, not on its merits, but because it's attached to a person that they never accepted as president.

I've seen what it's done to the lower middle class and it's disgusting, to say the least. I have a friend who was forced to purchase a "policy" for five-hundred dollars a month with a six-thousand dollar deductible. In reality, that's called: "Catastrophic Insurance." She was never allowed to use it, so she was just throwing her money away each month.

On the other hand, if she were seriously sick, she would be covered. Otherwise, she could be turned away.

Obamacare had no effect on the rich and little or no effect on the higher middle class. The poor are the only ones who gained anything from Obamacare. It's one of the worst policies that tainted Obama's "Legacy." To my way of thinking, Obama was the worst President of my lifetime. Carter was the second and George W. Bush was the third. It would be nice for the far left to stop weeping/crying and bellyaching and give Donald Trump a chance. We all need a chance and a change.

The fact is, Republicans never gave Obama a chance. They fought him when they disagreed, and they fought him when they agreed. Like the appointment of Merick Garland to the Supreme Court. The Republicans had previously suggested that they could support a guy like Garland, but they didn't want to let Obama fulfill his duty at all. Who is it who set this agenda of complete obstruction? It's not the Democrats.

MrDante

So much for fiscal responsibility, lower taxes and smaller government.

How much are you willing to pay out in extra taxes for this Grosey?

Trump's claim that his wall woudl cost $10 billion is just funny. Even the $25 billion estimate form CNBC is a joke.

First the government has to have the land to build on. Huge swatches of land along the boarder is privately owned. This means huge payouts to landowners and you just know some will refuse meaning there will be court cases and hundreds of lawyers to pay. Of course the government could just seize the land from its owners. Meaning lawsuits.

Next all that land will have to be surveyed so construction crews know what they are supposed to be building on.

Materials:
Concrete: NPR interviews several construction companies and they conservatively estimated that Trump's wall would take at minimum 2,500,000 cubic yards of concrete. Just the concrete would coast over 21 billion. Then we would need thousands of cement trucks and mixers to make and deliver the concrete to some very remote locations. That would double the cost.
Steele rebar and reinforcements. Estimated to cost only $5 billion. getting them to site another 1.5 billion.
The trucks and machinery to level and prepare the foundation maybe another $5 billion.

Of course there will have to be some intensive infrastructure investments to provide for the construction crews.

take what ever figure you can come up with and then add about 50% onto it because this is the government we are talking about.

And once the wall is done we will have to employ hundreds of workers to maintain the wall for years and years.

I don't know about you but I don't want this monster on my tax bill.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Unforeseen? The only sense in which it was unforeseen is that the average Trumper didn't realize that Trump couldn't make Mexico pay for it. Everyone else is saying "yeah, duh, he can't do that. Like we've been saying."

No, it won't. And it won't fix our broken immigration system, either. It's completely symbollic.

I couldn't read your post because it was too long and I have little patience for long-winded comments. I gather it was filled to the brim with "Leftist Whining and Weeping" though. Thanks for the effort. Next time make it short and sweet.

Last edited:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
It's amazing to me how there are so many "Leftists" acting like 2-year-olds over an election? There was a reason to be upset 8 years ago when Obama was elected, but, you "Leftists" didn't see the mature Conservatives, taking to the streets and starting fires, yelling, beating on people, breaking glass, and damaging cars and other property. Not to mention all the crying, weeping, suicide threats, and saying things like: "He's NOT my President!" We got a bird's eye view how "Leftists" can't withstand NOT getting what they want. It speaks volumes, believe me.

quip

BANNED
Banned
President-elect Trump is asking taxpayers to pay for "The Wall." I know that he said during his campaign, he would have Mexico pay for it, however, sometimes there are unforeseen situations that occur and a new avenue has to be taken. I say, "The Wall" needs to be built even if the taxpayers have to foot the bill. The Wall will stop illegal entries into our country, especially, terrorists and other unruly types.

I voted for Trump for the following reasons:........

How's the current view from the slope? :sheep:

rexlunae

I couldn't read your post because it was too long and I have little patience for long-winded comments. I gather it was filled to the brim with "Leftest Whining and Weeping" though. Thanks for the effort. Next time make it short and sweet.

You must have a very short attention span, like your Fuhrer.

Is that short enough for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.