An exclusively Catholic doctrine on justification? Not on TOL

God's Truth

That's not God you're centered on. It's that big tall fence between law and Grace, and that thrill you're getting is just an old fashioned wedgie. :chew:

Jesus destroyed any fence. No one is supposed to do any ceremonial works of the law anymore, ever.

Right Divider

Body part
The promise WAS what He made to Abraham before He gave the law to Moses.

I am so glad to have this deep conversation with you. I have to go for now and hope we can continue to discuss this more.
You're confusing the PROMISES made to the FATHERS with another PROMISE (singular).

Notice the PLURAL in BOTH cases!

Rom 15:8 (AKJV/PCE)
(15:8) Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises [made] unto the fathers:

God's Truth

You're confusing the PROMISES made to the FATHERS with another PROMISE (singular).

Notice the PLURAL in BOTH cases!

Rom 15:8 (AKJV/PCE)
(15:8) Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises [made] unto the fathers:

The promise was that there would be a blood relative to Abraham to sit on the throne.

That was promised to Abraham, and Isaac, and David...to all blood relatives until Jesus came.

God's Truth

You're another teller of fairy tales.

You are STILL ignoring the PROMISES (plural) made to the FATHERS (plural).

The promise to Abraham was that of his Seed. It is about Jesus the Messiah, the King. David is blood related to Abraham, and the scriptures about a king is about Jesus.

Last edited:

glorydaz

Jesus didn't teach the old law,

He not only taught the "OLD LAW" while He walked among us, He magnified it.

Matt. 5:21-22 Ye have heard that it was said of them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment: But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.​

he fulfilled it. He gave a new law, the law of Christ, the law that requires faith.

"The law that requires faith", she says. Let's see what rules she has decided that entails. :popcorn:

glorydaz

Jesus destroyed any fence. No one is supposed to do any ceremonial works of the law anymore, ever.

Thou shalt not do any ceremonial works of the law.

Thou shalt not covet any ceremonial works of the law.

Thou shalt not kill any ceremonial workers.

Ever.

God's Truth

He not only taught the "OLD LAW" while He walked among us, He magnified it.

Matt. 5:21-22 Ye have heard that it was said of them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment: But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.​

"The law that requires faith", she says. Let's see what rules she has decided that entails. :popcorn:

Jesus made changes to the old law.

That old law with the changes is our new law.

See Hebrews 7:12.

The new law is the law of the Spirit; see Romans 8:2, the perfect law James 1:25.

It is the law that gives freedom, see James 2:12.

It is the LAW that requires faith, see Romans 3:27.

It is the law of Christ; see 1 Corinthians 9:21, and Galatians 6:2.

The old law is obsolete as it is, but we have a new law, see Hebrews 8:13.

2 Corinthians 3:3 You show that you are a letter from Christ, the result of our ministry, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts.

Hebrews 8:10 This is the covenant I will establish with the people of Israel after that time, declares the Lord. I will put my laws in their minds and write them on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people.

glorydaz

The works of the law are the ceremonial works.

Wrong.

Romans 3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.​

Look it up, big talker. You'll find the commandments in the "book of the law". Look up in Deut. 26 and 27. See why those "under the curse" is speaking of all the commandments and statutes...not the ceremonial works as you claim.

Galatians 3:10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.

You should know this because Paul specifically mentions "coveting" and the "commandment" in Romans 7:7-8

God's Truth

Wrong.

Romans 3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.​

Look it up, big talker. You'll find the commandments in the "book of the law". Look up in Deut. 26 and 27. See why those "under the curse" is speaking of all the commandments and statutes...not the ceremonial works as you claim.

Galatians 3:10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.

You should know this because Paul specifically mentions "coveting" and the "commandment" in Romans 7:7-8

The whole old law went together, with the ceremonial works.

If one tried to be justified by one of the ceremonial works, then one had to do ALL the whole old law.

We have a new law and it does not have the ceremonial works.

There are other changes too.