An exclusively Catholic doctrine on justification? Not on TOL

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Oh, so that gives you room to assume what I don't see in the verse?

You should really try to rein in that active imagination of yours. Is that part of the workers' creed?
"Imagine not what you might be doing, but what those around you might be doing."

It is very difficult to show blind persons, what they, in fact, cannot see . . .

glorydaz

What?

What do unbelievers believe?

That they are unbelievers. That there is no God.... That takes work

He said "everybody has works". Unbelievers have wicked works.

Think about it, Oats. It's the work of God that we believe...He does the persuading. No matter how hard we try to believe, we can't do it unless the word of God is persuasive enough. That's what it means by believing not being a work of man.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
What?

What do unbelievers believe? . . . That there is no God....
The key point is that unbelievers believe that the Lord Jesus is not risen. There are plenty of people who believe in God, and who reject the RESURRECTION, and so they're unbelievers. Believing in God doesn't save, believing in the RESURRECTION does.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
The key point is that unbelievers believe that the Lord Jesus is not risen. There are plenty of people who believe in God, and who reject the RESURRECTION, and so they're unbelievers. Believing in God doesn't save, believing in the RESURRECTION does.

Uh . . only Creator God possesses resurrection powers. To believe in God is to believe He raises sinners from death to life, and to believe in rescue from death to life, is to believe in God.

You are narrowing faith to an action of God, while denying faith in the Person of God who does the resurrecting.

Kinda unnecessary parameters, limiting the description of saving faith, I say . . .

And your disgusting and obscene belly avatar, further reduces your attempts to define the holy and Christian faith, IMO.

glorydaz

Those given spiritual insight from God, are no longer blinded . . .they indeed once were blind, but now they see.

I was speaking of the physically blind.....guess you don't have as much "insight" as you thought you did. :chuckle:

glorydaz

Uh . . only Creator God possesses resurrection powers. To believe in God is to believe He raises sinners from death to life, and to believe in rescue from death to life, is to believe in God.

You are narrowing faith to an action of God, while denying faith in the Person of God who does the resurrecting.

Kinda unnecessary parameters, limiting the description of saving faith, I say . . .

And your disgusting and obscene belly avatar, further reduces your attempts to define the holy and Christian faith, IMO.

I believe Nang has risen to the top of the manure pile. :thumb:

Epoisses

I will prove the OP is true with just one example.

For all non-MADs...yes or no...would a new believer's refusal to be water baptized by your church displease Christ?

Most new believers are taught that water baptism is necessary for Salvation but in God's eyes the only baptism that is necessary is the baptism of the Holy Spirit. The thief on the cross didn't get sprinkled or dunked but he did get juiced with power from on high.

oatmeal

Yes, thanks for your insight.

So, then any other points you wanted to make about my post?

Are you otherwise satisfied that the scripture I shared does elaborate on the concept of justification? Not completely, of course, because there are other sections of scripture that deal with or mention justification as well.