ECT All Things Are Lawful For Me

God's Truth

Who should I believe? You or Paul?:

"And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house"
(Acts 16:30-31).​

Duh!

They have to believe Jesus forgives sins.

Only an ignorant person would think that means they didn't have to repent of those sins.

God's Truth

At least God's UNtruth provides us with the perfect example of one who has been blinded from the truth. This same conversation has been going on for years. I'd like to believe it isn't true for GT, but, sadly, I'm becoming persuaded. :sigh:

2 Corinthians 4:4
In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.​

What kind of person says that to someone for preaching obedience to Christ?

glorydaz

But obviously that passage no longer has an impact on you.

We can't both be right about this pride issue.

Case in point OF A PRINCIPLE - you support a man who is the very epitome of pride and its destruction - Donald Trump.

That is who you are.

Ah, and so your claim is that every person you ever voted for or supported in any way, was void of pride.

I do wish I could be as wonderful as your are, Danoh, me lad. :rotfl:

God's Truth

At least God's UNtruth provides us with the perfect example of one who has been blinded from the truth. This same conversation has been going on for years. I'd like to believe it isn't true for GT, but, sadly, I'm becoming persuaded. :sigh:

This is the scenario of the beliefs I get from you...

Jesus came to earth and taught all these things to the Jews, and told the them to repent or perish.

Most of the Jews did not believe him, and he was crucified.

After Jesus was crucified, he tells Paul not to tell the Gentiles they have to repent or perish, tell them to do nothing but believe. Tell them that Jesus died for their sins, sins that they do not have to repent of doing. Tell them that if they do obey anything Jesus says they will have condemned themselves, and to repent of doing anything.

LOL I cannot even believe that you all preach that.

glorydaz

This is the scenario of the beliefs I get from you...

Jesus came to earth and taught all these things to the Jews, and told the them to repent or perish.

Most of the Jews did not believe him, and he was crucified.

After Jesus was crucified, he tells Paul not to tell the Gentiles they have to repent or perish, tell them to do nothing but believe. Tell them that Jesus died for their sins, sins that they do not have to repent of doing. Tell them that if they do obey anything Jesus says they will have condemned themselves, and to repent of doing anything.

LOL I cannot even believe that you all preach that.

Actually, Jesus came to tell the Jews they needed to change their minds about His being the Messiah. Emanuel. The great I AM. They had to repent of their unbelief. They didn't understand what God was saying in verses like this one. The Arians have the same problem.

Isaiah 45:21 Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the Lord? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me.​

Gentiles had to change their minds from unbelief to belief...repenting from their unbelief.

Forgiveness of sins was a given...the prison door had been opened. Have enough faith to walk out instead of dumping slop buckets in that prison cell thinking that will earn your way out.

Jerry Shugart

They have to believe Jesus forgives sins.

Only an ignorant person would think that means they didn't have to repent of those sins.

So you think that Paul was in error when he told the jailor that if he believed then he would be saved. Do you think that Paul just had a memory lapse and forgot to say anything about having to repent of sins to be saved?

God's Truth

You always go against scripture presented.

Galatians 3:24-25 KJV
(24) Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
(25) But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

Clear as a bell, except to you.

Go check the dictionary. By the way, as I have already said more than once: the OLD LAW was a school master/tutor. It was a SHADOW of JESUS. We have the actual Teacher now, not just his shadow for a school master.

God's Truth

So you think that Paul was in error when he told the jailor that if he believed then he would be saved. Do you think that Paul just had a memory lapse and forgot to say anything about having to repent of sins to be saved?

Paul taught the message that saves---and that is that JESUS DIED FOR our SINS.

Who in their right mind would EVER think we would have forgiveness of sins that we do not repent of?

I know people who were taught to believe that we have to believe and do nothing, and they sin like always.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Paul taught the message that saves
He sure did, but you don't.
You do not accept scripture as truth.

Romans 5:18-19 KJV
(18) Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
(19) For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

That one still ain't you, GT.

God's Truth

He sure did, but you don't.
You do not accept scripture as truth.

Romans 5:18-19 KJV
(18) Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
(19) For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

That one still ain't you, GT.

Jesus obeyed and showed us the Way.

God's Truth

Actually, Jesus came to tell the Jews they needed to change their minds about His being the Messiah.

Jesus came to Shepherd his people.

Emanuel. The great I AM. They had to repent of their unbelief.

Jesus did not tell them they had to repent of their unbelief. Those who did not believe were HARDENED and could not believe!

Jesus told them to repent of their sins.
Gentiles had to change their minds from unbelief to belief...repenting from their unbelief.

Some of the Gentiles never even heard of Jesus. How were they going to change their mind about him?

Forgiveness of sins was a given...the prison door had been opened. Have enough faith to walk out instead of dumping slop buckets in that prison cell thinking that will earn your way out.

It is never filthy to obey Jesus.