ECT All Things Are Lawful For Me

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Read what Jesus says in John 7:17.

He speaks about if those do not believe.

As for me, I believed my whole life but was not saved until I started to do what Jesus said.

I have a powerful testimony, so don't think you can convince me that my obeying didn't do anything for me to get saved.

What saved you obedience or declaring Christ as Lord?

Romans 10:9-13 King James Version (KJV)

9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.

13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If Jesus is your Lord, you will not attack any Christians who are striving to be like Him as you people are doing.

What you are doing is sin against Jesus because Jesus emphasize to be faithful to Him until the end.

You are not being attacked for trying to be like Jesus. You are being for incorrect application of the Word.

2 Timothy 3:16 King James Version (KJV)

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

God's Truth

Then you're still on the wrong side of the cross,

The wrong side of the cross? How can you say something like that and not cringe?

because those who believe are no longer under a any schoolmaster.

Those who believe are not under the OLD school master, the law.

The law was a teaching tool, a shadow of Christ.

When Christ in the light came, his shadow was gone, for there are no shadows in light.

Believers have no need for a schoolmaster, as Paul tells us in Galatians. We have the indwelling Spirit.

The Holy Spirit is the Teacher.

John 14:26 But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.

John 16:13
However, when the Spirit of truth comes, He will guide you into all truth. For He will not speak on His own, but He will speak what He hears, and He will declare to you what is to come.
Jesus taught the law while he walked this earth, and that's why you're confused, and think you have to obey. Then he went to the cross and accomplished what the law could not do.

You don't seem to believe our Lord accomplished the only obedience that would not fall short of the glory of God, and was adequate for every sin every person in the world would ever commit. He said "It is finished", but you think you have to keep performing (even though we all can see you fail at every turn).

Train ourselves. Work out our salvation.

Luke 6:40
A student is not above his teacher, but everyone who is fully trained will be like his teacher.

1 Corinthians 9:25 Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever.

1 Timothy 4:7, 8 Have nothing to do with godless myths and old wives’ tales; rather, train yourself to be godly. For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come.

2 Timothy 3:16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,

Titus 2:4 Then they can train the younger women to love their husbands and children,

Hebrews 5:14 But solid food is for the mature, who by constant use have trained themselves to distinguish good from evil.

Hebrews 12:11 No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.

Danoh

You are not being attacked for trying to be like Jesus. You are being for incorrect application of the Word.

2 Timothy 3:16 King James Version (KJV)

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Not true.

The so called "MADs" are only after one more they can glory in the flesh about.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
If you say so, Trumper.

Most of us are sinful and prideful.

That's why Jesus says to judge rightly.

We have no right to judge other Jesus' followers as cult, non-believers, unsaved and so on...just because they don't agree with our doctrines.

glorydaz

Not true.

The so called "MADs" are only after one more they can glory in the flesh about.

Your bitterness is getting the better of you, Danoh.

It looks like anyone who tries to carry on any dialogue will have to endure your childish behaviour. Are you trying to chase people away from TOL? I'm beginning to think that is your intent.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Most of us are sinful and prideful.

That's why Jesus says to judge rightly.

We have no right to judge other Jesus' followers as cult, non-believers, unsaved and so on...just because they don't agree with our doctrines.

Of course we judge;

Matthew 7:16-20 King James Version (KJV)

16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.

18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Your bitterness is getting the better of you, Danoh.

It looks like anyone who tries to carry on any dialogue will have to endure your childish behaviour. Are you trying to chase people away from TOL? I'm beginning to think that is your intent.

It seems that anyone who disagrees with your assessment is bitter person to you.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Of course we judge;

Matthew 7:16-20 King James Version (KJV)

16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.

18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

Denial continues.

Danoh

Proverbs 16:18
Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.

But obviously that passage no longer has an impact on you.

We can't both be right about this pride issue.

Case in point OF A PRINCIPLE - you support a man who is the very epitome of pride and its destruction - Donald Trump.

That is who you are.

I did not, and do not.

You are simply blinded in your pride, by your pride, to your pride.

It is what it is.

We have reached a stalemate.

You are too blinded by what you continually misperceive as being the content of a thing, to see the principle you are ever blinding yourself from seeing.

For all the good it has done you thus far, you might as well continue your calling GT's or whomever's kettle, black.

God's Truth

What saved you obedience or declaring Christ as Lord?

Romans 10:9-13 King James Version (KJV)

9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.

13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Declaring Jesus Christ is Lord is obeying.

In fact, if you say Jesus is Lord---then you had better be obeying him.

Luke 6:46 "Why do you call me, 'Lord, Lord,' and do not do what I say?