ECT All Things Are Lawful For Me

God's Truth

Wrong.

Galatians 3:24-25 KJV
(24) Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
(25) But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

Now the law is not the school master---Jesus is!

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Pay attention. Did you obey before you were saved? I said and will maintain that obedience comes as a consequence of being saved just as good works come as a consequence of being saved. You need to read Ephesians and James.

Now you are trying to avoid the point we are discussing.

God's Truth

Pay attention. Did you obey before you were saved?

Of course I did, it is how and why I was saved.

I did exactly as Jesus said, I admitted I was a sinner, I repented of my sins.

Jesus' words are powerful and his words save, his words are Spirit and life, he is the Way.

I said and will maintain that obedience comes as a consequence of being saved just as good works come as a consequence of being saved. You need to read Ephesians and James.

James says faith alone is dead and cannot save anyone. See James 2:14, 17, 20, 22, and 24.

As for Paul, many misunderstand him. See 2 Peter 3:16, and 17.

Paul would not ever tell anyone they are condemned for obeying by repenting of their sins to be saved!

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Jesus will not live with you if you do not obey.

When Jesus lives with us that is receiving the Holy Spirit.

John 14:23 Jesus replied, "Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.

You are so confused. I have never said that obedience is not an outcome of our salvation.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Not a one of you ever lets others know that your view is yours and not the majority view of MOST Pastor-Teachers who hold to Mid-Acts.
That's a lie.

Well, that, and the fact that you collectively malign anyone who brings up any view that you and yours do not hold to.
That's a lie.

God's Truth

You are so confused. I have never said that obedience is not an outcome of our salvation.

You are the confused one. Where did I ever say you said obedience is not an outcome of salvation? Show it now where I ever said that.

I am speaking about obeying to get saved.

I am giving scripture about Jesus living with us if we obey his commands.

You are going against me for saying we have to obey to get saved.

glorydaz

Your works don't save. You are saved by grace through faith.

This is not Jesus' word.

You are clearly twisting Paul's word.

Here we see Paul telling us that man can certainly glory in his works, but not before God. That means he can take glory in the eyes of man...at best.

Romans 4:2KJV For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God.​

Here we see Paul explaining that Abraham BELIEVED God and it was counted to him as righteousness.

Romans 4:3KJV For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.​

Here we see Paul explaining that working is simply our duty...the debt we owe God. That is NOT salvation by grace...it's not reckoned as anything but the debt we owe God as his creatures.

Romans 4:4KJV Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.​

AND here Paul makes it clear that it isn't what we do, but what we believe (faith) that justifies us the eyes of God.

Romans 4:5KJV But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.​

So stop claiming we twist Paul's words just because you neither read nor understand what he's saying. :down:

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Of course I did, it is how and why I was saved.

I did exactly as Jesus said, I admitted I was a sinner, I repented of my sins.

Jesus' words are powerful and his words save, his words are Spirit and life, he is the Way.

James says faith alone is dead and cannot save anyone. See James 2:14, 17, 20, 22, and 24.

As for Paul, many misunderstand him. See 2 Peter 3:16, and 17.

Paul would not ever tell anyone they are condemned for obeying by repenting of their sins to be saved!

Works are an outcome of faith;

Ephesians 2:10 King James Version (KJV)

10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Here we see Paul telling us that man can certainly glory in his works, but not before God. That means he can take glory in the eyes of man...at best.

Romans 4:2KJV For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God.​

Here we see Paul explaining that Abraham BELIEVED God and it was counted to him as righteousness.

Romans 4:3KJV For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.​

Here we see Paul explaining that working is simply our duty...the debt we owe God. That is NOT salvation by grace...it's not reckoned as anything but the debt we owe God as his creatures.

Romans 4:4KJV Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.​

AND here Paul makes it clear that it isn't what we do, but what we believe (faith) that justifies us the eyes of God.

Romans 4:5KJV But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.​

So stop claiming we twist Paul's words just because you neither read nor understand what he's saying. :down:

You are still twisting Paul's word.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You are the confused one. Where did I ever say you said obedience is not an outcome of salvation? Show it now where I ever said that.

I am speaking about obeying to get saved.

I am giving scripture about Jesus living with us if we obey his commands.

You are going against me for saying we have to obey to get saved.

You said that obedience is a requirement for salvation which is an absolute untruth.

glorydaz

He is acting like I said something that I did not say. That is how it starts with the false accusations when they cannot talk about the scriptures saying to obey.

Now that is downright side-spitting hilarious.

It's YOUR MO to say people said something they didn't say. I just pointed that out to you a few minutes ago when you claimed Steko said something he didn't. :kookoo: