ECT All Things Are Lawful For Me

glorydaz

You deny the scriptures.

Why won't you answer the question about Paul saying to those who believe that if they had not repented of their sins then there would be no favoritism from God to them?

Romans 2 You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge another, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things. 2 Now we know that God’s judgment against those who do such things is based on truth. 3 So when you, a mere human being, pass judgment on them and yet do the same things, do you think you will escape God’s judgment? 4 Or do you show contempt for the riches of his kindness, forbearance and patience, not realizing that God’s kindness is intended to lead you to repentance?

5 But because of your stubbornness and your unrepentant heart, you are storing up wrath against yourself for the day of God’s wrath, when his righteous judgment will be revealed. 6 God “will repay each person according to what they have done.”7 To those who by persistence in doing good seek glory, honor and immortality, he will give eternal life. 8 But for those who are self-seeking and who reject the truth and follow evil, there will be wrath and anger. 9 There will be trouble and distress for every human being who does evil: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile; 10 but glory, honor and peace for everyone who does good: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile. 11 For God does not show favoritism

Those verses don't say what you claimed. No wonder you have so many false notions. :nono:

God's Truth

God's UNtruth merely laughs when she twists Steko's words. Clearly there is a difference between being saved without obedience and saved by making sure we do not obey. Yet, she laughs. :nono:

Are you kidding? You both go against me all the time for saying I believed and obeyed and then was saved.

You tell me I am condemned for saying we have to obey to get saved, and then you bring up scripture that says no works.

Paul is NOT saying no obey! You go against me for saying the works Paul is saying we do not have to do are the ceremonial works.

You are the twister.

Jerry Shugart

Why won't you tell me what Paul says that we have to believe about Jesus to be saved?

The "gospel" which we are to believe is found at 1 Corinthians 15:1-4. And those who believe it are saved when they believe it:

"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek"
(Ro.1:16).​

Salvation comes to those who "believe" the gospel. Not believe and obey.

glorydaz

Are you kidding?

You tell me I am condemned for saying we have to obey to get saved,

You can say whatever you want, but you're preaching a false gospel, and it's summed up in yellow.

If you had your way....in the ages to come your obedience, and not the riches of His grace through Christ Jesus would have to be ADDED.

Eph. 2:7KJV That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.​

If you had your way, salvation would be of yourself (via your obedience), and it would be a gift with strings attached.

Eph. 2:8KJV For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:​

If you had your way, you would be able to boast. AND YOU DO.

Eph. 2:9KJV Not of works, lest any man should boast.​

meshak

BANNED
Banned
You are unable to deal with the Scriptures AS THEY ARE WRITTEN. You never hesitate to pervert their meanings if it serves your agenda of denying the truth that men are saved by grace through faith.

Just cherry picking your favorite verses is not the way to rightly dividing the scripture. You guys are disregarding too many of inconvenient verses for your faith.

God's Truth

I notice you can't find anything in those verses that say what you claim. :chew:

Tell me what we have to believe about Jesus to be saved.

Tell me why Paul told the believers that if they did not repent of their sins then God's wrath will come on them and that there is no favoritism because you say you believe.

glorydaz

Tell me what we have to believe about Jesus to be saved.

That He died, was buried and rose again for our justification.

Tell me why Paul told the believers that if they did not repent of their sins then God's wrath will come on them and that there is no favoritism because you say you believe.

Paul didn't say that. Nor did he say that gobble-de-gook about favoritism.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Are you kidding? You both go against me all the time for saying I believed and obeyed and then was saved.

You tell me I am condemned for saying we have to obey to get saved, and then you bring up scripture that says no works.

Paul is NOT saying no obey! You go against me for saying the works Paul is saying we do not have to do are the ceremonial works.

You are the twister.

Check the highlighted words in your post. If we must obey that implies that we must earn our salvation. That is untrue and not scriptural.

Ephesians 2:8-9 King James Version (KJV)

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

God's Truth

"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek" [/I](Ro.1:16).

Then tell me why, after Paul said that, he tells the believers that if they didn't repent of the their sins that they would suffer God's wrath?

musterion

:jawdrop: Transgender?

65472266.jpg

God's Truth

You can say whatever you want, but you're preaching a false gospel, and it's summed up in yellow.

If you had your way....in the ages to come your obedience, and not the riches of His grace through Christ Jesus would have to be ADDED.

Eph. 2:7KJV That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.​

If you had your way, salvation would be of yourself (via your obedience), and it would be a gift with strings attached.

Eph. 2:8KJV For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:​

If you had your way, you would be able to boast. AND YOU DO.

Eph. 2:9KJV Not of works, lest any man should boast.​

Paul does not say anything like what you say to me.

Show me where Paul tells people they are saved by believing without obedience.

Show me where Paul tells people that if they repent of their sins then they condemn themselves.