Ae they saved?

brewmama

Here is your contextual reasoning

You complain that posters are not nice and polite to each other

BUT then you say we all belong to the great whore, we are harlots, prostitutes. The bible says God will destroy Babylon

So you sit there waiting for God to come and destroy the Christians

You snake

You are the mother and father of hypocrites.

I've seen you on other forums, where Christians are nice and polite and try their best to help you...and you bite them just the same as you bite us.

Whether that is true or not, the point is still a good one. There is much hate here.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
And she doesn't belong to any organisation because they all boot her out, just like she gets banned from other forums....even nice ones

glorydaz

Paul was explaining that salvation is not by the keeping of the Mosaic law. Paul taught that salvation is by grace through Christ's faith and we know that his faith without our good works is useless to us.
Yeah, we know that.

:sherlock:

:shocked:

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
So was Christ when He looked people square in the eye and said "you snakes....children of the devil"

Shackles is a snake and a child of the devil and it is well if people know.

You speak like a devil, so what makes you better than her.

Actually Meshak speaks better than you do.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Here is your contextual reasoning

You complain that posters are not nice and polite to each other

BUT then you say we all belong to the great whore, we are harlots, prostitutes. The bible says God will destroy Babylon

So you sit there waiting for God to come and destroy the Christians

Gods word says--

2Co 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
2Co 6:15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?
2Co 6:16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
2Co 6:17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,
2Co 6:18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

You snake

You are the mother and father of hypocrites.

You are loose with your mouth.

I've seen you on other forums, where Christians are nice and polite and try their best to help you...and you bite them just the same as you bite us.

Maybe you reap what you sow.

You are bound up by the spirit of MAD.

LA

glorydaz

Actually, James said it before I did.

What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him? (James 2:14 NKJV)​

To which you would say, but of course.

You notice that James is not saying someone has faith, but that someone says they have faith. Saying you have faith won't save you.

And Jesus said we will be rewarded according to our faith, right?

For the Son of Man will come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and then He will reward each according to his works. (Matthew 16:27 NKJV)

You understand, I hope that "rewards" are for service....nothing to do with the GIFT of God.

1 Cor. 314-15
14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. 15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.​

glorydaz

My goodness, don't you know that all the vast number of verses in the Bible that say that over and over and over are ignorable or meaningless? This is all about cheap grace and cheap faith that requires so little from us, but makes us feel so superior and proud of ourselves! (sarc...)

Meanwhile I would much rather continue working on repentance, the call to holiness, the call to humility, doing as many good works as I can as we are so enjoined to do in Scripture, and practicing the Faith as it was handed down by the Apostles. And ironically, this lot says I'm damned for it!

Actually, you are damned if you are trusting in your good works.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Meshak haters,

the Bible says the wise ignores the insults.

Excuse me for not responding to your vile comments.

blessings.:)

glorydaz

Again you prove how poor your comprehension is. I never said Jesus' sacrifice was cheap. I'm referring to your insistence that nothing else is required of you, despite copious evidence to the contrary.

TRUST is what's required, and confidence that He will conform us into the image of the Son. So, it's actually a matter of trusting God or trusting ourselves to perform what only God can perform in us. That is an assurance that is given us when the Holy Spirit first comes to dwell in us. Which is why it's a bit suspicious when we see those who are still counting on their own works. Going about to establish their own righteousness certainly didn't work for the Jews. Rom. 10:1-3

Phil. 2:13
For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure

Philippians 1:6
Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:​

heir

TOL Subscriber
Once again, I must explain, I am saying YOUR DEFINITION of grace is cheap grace. Same with faith. Stop putting words in my mouth.
No, you mustn't explain. You slammed the grace of God and the faith of Jesus Christ and are now trying to backtrack. If you would think before you speak, you might save yourself having to take your foot out of your mouth.

And FYE

The definition of grace is Romans 11:6 KJV
the definition of faith Hebrews 11:1 KJV
concerning Christ's faith Titus 1:2 KJV

brewmama

Actually, you are damned if you are trusting in your good works.

I repeat, where does this interpretation come from? Why would anyone assume that any other Christian doesn't have saving faith because they try to follow the Biblical commands to lead orderly and godly lives, love our neighbors, and try to walk in the good works God has prepared for us to walk in? Why force this false dichotomy, when it was never an issue for 1500 years? Is is just rabid anti-Catholicism (along with a misinterpretation of Catholic doctrine)? The Orthodox just shake their heads at this totally exaggerated non-issue.

2 Corinthians 5:10

"For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may be paid back according to what he has done while in the body, whether good or evil"

brewmama

TRUST is what's required, and confidence that He will conform us into the image of the Son. So, it's actually a matter of trusting God or trusting ourselves to perform what only God can perform in us. That is an assurance that is given us when the Holy Spirit first comes to dwell in us. Which is why it's a bit suspicious when we see those who are still counting on their own works. Going about to establish their own righteousness certainly didn't work for the Jews. Rom. 10:1-3

Phil. 2:13
For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure

Philippians 1:6
Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:​

Judging from those I see here who claim to be the chosen, saved ones, vs saints and holy ones from the apostolic Church, I know who to follow. By their fruits you shall know them.

brewmama

No, you mustn't explain. You slammed the grace of God and the faith of Jesus Christ and are now trying to backtrack. If you would think before you speak, you might save yourself having to take your foot out of your mouth.

And FYE

The definition of grace is Romans 11:6 KJV
the definition of faith Hebrews 11:1 KJV
concerning Christ's faith Titus 1:2 KJV

I take back nothing I said. But trying to have a normal conversation with you is pointless.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Judging from those I see here who claim to be the chosen, saved ones, vs saints and holy ones from the apostolic Church, I know who to follow. By their fruits you shall know them.

Judging...Judging, yes that's what you do, it is your own testimony. It is what Shackles does, then she goes weeping all over the shop because she is judged in return.

Yes you follow men, that is your testimony.

We follow Christ.

It is quite simple really, but if you stand up and start pointing out other's shortfallings you are saying that YOU are perfect yourself and an able judge of God's people. People will look at you very carefully to see if you measure up. Shackles gets judged because she has set herself up to judge others.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I take back nothing I said. But trying to have a normal conversation with you is pointless.

You are right, we are not the same path with them because they don't value Jesus' word or teachings with their action and preaching.

Jesus preached to follow Him yet if you preach what Jesus preach, they claim you are trying to earn salvation by works.

Everyone,

One of main reasons why Jesus was sent is to teach us how to love God and love one another which is all good works. Jesus commands us to follow Him and imitate Him with all our actions with love.

Jesus taught us simply and clearly in His gospel, Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. Make sure yourselves what Jesus teaches.

He was not sent to give us permission to sin.

blessings.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Salvation is not hard to understand.

It is just hard to follow Jesus' teachings because He teaches us selfless life; we are basically selfish.

But if once we decide to follow Jesus' teachings faithfully, life is so much easier because we don't have to compete with others to live worldly way of life which is so depressing.

Jesus says His yoke is light, everyone.

Give all worldly yoke to Jesus and we get spiritual blessings.

blessings.:)