Ae they saved?

brewmama

Why so many "saved" Christians are so concerned of others salvation?

We should be working on our own salvation instead of slandering or mocking others whom we don't agree with.

How, when salvation is by grace through faith; not of works and the gift of God (Ephesians 2:8-9 KJV)? Truth is, you don't have a clue as you reject the gift and want to work for your salvation (which you can't work for Romans 4:4 KJV).

Ah, the perfect proof! She never fails to deliver!

glorydaz

No, it says work out, just like I said it said. As in work out your salvation....

This is what happens when you take verses out of context. First Paul tells you this, "That He which has begun a good work in you will perform it".

Philippians 1:6
Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:​

What is Paul telling us about that good work God is doing in us? He is saying to allow that good work to come out where it can be seen as a light "in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation" in a way that will not bring us rebuke as we hold forth the "word of life". As we're preaching the Gospel. That's all he's saying....with THE most important point being that it is God that is working IN us, and we allow it to come out, instead of hiding it inside or covering it over with murmurings, etc.
Phil. 2:12
12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. 13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure. 14 Do all things without murmurings and disputings: 15 That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world; 16 Holding forth the word of life; that I may rejoice in the day of Christ, that I have not run in vain, neither laboured in vain.​

brewmama

This is what happens when you take verses out of context. First Paul tells you this, "That He which has begun a good work in you will perform it".

Philippians 1:6
Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:​

What is Paul telling us about that good work God is doing in us? He is saying to allow that good work to come out where it can be seen as a light "in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation" in a way that will not bring us rebuke as we hold forth the "word of life". As we're preaching the Gospel. That's all he's saying....with THE most important point being that it is God that is working IN us, and we allow it to come out, instead of hiding it inside or covering it over with murmurings, etc.
Phil. 2:12
12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. 13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure. 14 Do all things without murmurings and disputings: 15 That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world; 16 Holding forth the word of life; that I may rejoice in the day of Christ, that I have not run in vain, neither laboured in vain.​

So? This is the great mystery, why you lot think that we don't agree with all your scripture you constantly post. What is out of context? What do you think will happen if we DON'T do the good works that God has prepared for us to walk in?

Why is the verse about "Do all things without murmurings and disputings" so ignored? (not so much by you, you are not the main culprit)

Why do you guys constantly separate out works and faith, and accuse us of not having faith? It's absurd. Why don't you go pick on some atheists or non-Christians?

glorydaz

So? This is the great mystery, why you lot think that we don't agree with all your scripture you constantly post. What is out of context? What do you think will happen if we DON'T do the good works that God has prepared for us to walk in?

We will miss out on rewards. The stubble will be burned up, but we, ourselves, will be saved.

1 Cor. 3:14-15
If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.​

Why is the verse about "Do all things without murmurings and disputings" so ignored? (not so much by you, you are not the main culprit)

Probably because this is a discussion board. There are all kinds of people posting here and it can get frustrating saying the same things over and over again. :idunno:

Of course Paul is talking about when we're preaching the Gospel...that our ministry to others not be hindered. I'm betting that most people here are not so confrontational when they sit beside a person who is lost and seeking answers.

Why do you guys constantly separate out works and faith, and accuse us of not having faith? It's absurd. Why don't you go pick on some atheists or non-Christians?

The biggest lie of the enemy is that we have to earn our salvation. So many people fall for that lie....it's tempting to think we have to help God save us and keep us saved. The big problem with that is then men can brag and boast about how wonderful they are....PRIDE ends up creeping in unawares. And, the enemy can then use GUILT to make people fall away....before they ever get to where they totally and completely trust God to save and keep them.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I agree totally. This forum is often an embarrassing display of the worst that so-called "Christians" have to offer. I had often heard of hatred of Catholics and/or "others" by certain Christian groups, and I always thought it was untrue, or at least exaggerated, but it has been more than validated here.

E-Mail the Archdiocese of Rome and complain to them.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Probably because they genuinely care whether or not you, and others, are embracing a gospel that saves, or a false gospel that offers you no genuine reassurance of your salvation.

Genuinely care? By telling them they are not saved? What makes you think you have authority to tell other Jesus' followers or servants to judge they are saved or not.

The rest of your comments is redundant since your basic premise is so warped.

heir

TOL Subscriber
This is what happens when you take verses out of context.
Not to mention the worker's implication that Paul contradicted himself all those times about our salvation not being by works of righteousness which we have done/that it's by grace through faith/not of works/not of ourselves and then flips on it. LOL

heir

TOL Subscriber
Ah, the perfect proof! She never fails to deliver!
He was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification (Romans 4:25 KJV). You believe not (2 Corinthians 4:3-4 KJV). That's on you, not me (Romans 2:16 KJV). Tell me, how is your righteousness stacking up against the righteousness of God?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Not to mention the worker's implication that Paul contradicted himself all those times about our salvation not being by works of righteousness which we have done/that it's by grace through faith/not of works/not of ourselves and then flips on it.

Paul was explaining that salvation is not by the keeping of the Mosaic law. Paul taught that salvation is by grace through Christ's faith and we know that his faith without our good works is useless to us.

Yeah, we know that.

:sherlock:

heir

TOL Subscriber
Paul was explaining that salvation is not by the keeping of the Mosaic law. Paul taught that salvation is by grace through Christ's faith and we know that his faith without our good works is useless to us.
:doh:

You deceitful worker! Now you are calling the faith of the Lord Jesus Christ without your works: useless?!

Acts 13:10 And said, O full of all subtilty and all mischief, thou child of the devil, thou enemy of all righteousness, wilt thou not cease to pervert the right ways of the Lord?

It's 100% God and 0% your works!

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Ephesians 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Over and over you, and those like you (2 Corinthians 4:3-4 KJV) spit on the faith and finished work of the Lord Jesus Christ in your place. So be it.

Galatians 1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

Galatians 1:9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
:doh:

You deceitful worker! Now you are calling the faith of the Lord Jesus Christ without your works: useless?!

Actually, James said it before I did.

What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him? (James 2:14 NKJV)​

To which you would say, but of course.

And Jesus said we will be rewarded according to our faith, right?

For the Son of Man will come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and then He will reward each according to his works. (Matthew 16:27 NKJV)​

brewmama

What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him? (James 2:14 NKJV)​

For the Son of Man will come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and then He will reward each according to his works. (Matthew 16:27 NKJV)​

My goodness, don't you know that all the vast number of verses in the Bible that say that over and over and over are ignorable or meaningless? This is all about cheap grace and cheap faith that requires so little from us, but makes us feel so superior and proud of ourselves! (sarc...)

Meanwhile I would much rather continue working on repentance, the call to holiness, the call to humility, doing as many good works as I can as we are so enjoined to do in Scripture, and practicing the Faith as it was handed down by the Apostles. And ironically, this lot says I'm damned for it!

heir

TOL Subscriber

James does not call the faith OF the Lord Jesus Christ useless, you vile pig.

heir

TOL Subscriber
My goodness, don't you know that all the vast number of verses in the Bible that say that over and over and over are ignorable or meaningless? This is all about cheap grace and cheap faith that requires so little from us, but makes us feel so superior and proud of ourselves! (sarc...)

Meanwhile I would much rather continue working on repentance, the call to holiness, the call to humility, doing as many good works as I can as we are so enjoined to do in Scripture, and practicing the Faith as it was handed down by the Apostles. And ironically, this lot says I'm damned for it!
Oh gee! Look everyone! It's another worker calling the sacrifice the Lord made on the cross for our sins, "cheap". What a shocker!

You and those like you will get what's coming to you (2 Thessalonians 1:8 KJV) because you receive not the love of the truth (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) that you can be saved (2 Thessalonians 2:10 KJV).

KingdomRose

We should be working on our own salvation instead of slandering or mocking others whom we don't agree with.

The Mormons call Jesus "Lord" and believe God raised him from the dead....Are they "saved"? You had asked.

No. The demons believe also.

If you look into Mormon beliefs you would, I think, be shocked. I suspect even Mormons don't know exactly what their leaders have taught. Jesus was, to them, conceived by Mary having sex with a physical, flesh-and-blood God. Not the Holy Spirit.

Joseph Smith considered himself as important as Jesus, if not more so. He re-wrote the Bible and claimed to translate the Book of Mormon from ancient manuscripts and/or Golden Plates found in a cave or some such place. And he "translated" by sticking his face into a hat, where he had placed a "seer stone."

They believe in MILLIONS of Gods, and they all hope to be a God some day, with their own planets. The God we worship is really just one of many, and "as man is, God once was."

Almost NOTHING they believe has any merit.

Go to www.utlm.org and read what they have to offer.

KingdomRose

To respond to your question above.....

(1) No one is YET saved. Even Paul said he hadn't made it yet, though now he has. Jesus said that "the one who endures to the end is the one that is saved." (Matt.24:13) We must live like Jesus taught his followers to live, right to the end of either our lives or the end of the system of things.

(2) It is not Christian to slander others, but Jesus was concerned with people's salvation and commissioned his disciples to go and make disciples of people of all the nations. (Matt.28:19) And he was not hesitant to tell others where they stood if they were being hypocritical or outright sinning with abandon. If he didn't tell them the truth, how was he helping them?

I tell it like I see it, and not to judge the individual person. But when I can see that the beliefs that are being taught them are obviously wrong.....then I say something about that. The Bible says we have to, or we're guilty of their blood.

KingdomRose

It is so embarrassing that they believe they are working for God for doing such things.

They say Jesus is Lord yet they usurp His authority to judge others whether who are saved or not.

Not one of us can judge another person.....but the RELIGIOUS INSTITUTIONS themselves can be evaluated. It's quite easy to do so, with the Scriptures at our disposal.