Active shooter near San Bernardino, CA

brewmama

And the last guy was Christian. So?
Why do you say that? I never saw anything that said he was a Christian. Certainly not religious, like this Muslim shooter is described as.

Yes. There seems to be a pretty clear personal, professional, element. And yet, having three people, heavily armed, seemingly quite prepared suggests something larger and more coordinated. Maybe it's some sort of weird hybrid. I think it's time to withhold judgement for the time being.

I agree, and it's why I generally withhold judgment. The initial story is usually 100% wrong (as in Trayvon Martin and Michael Brown)

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Terrorism is defined by motive. If it's revenge, or political assault, or wanting people dead for otherwise different reasons, then they cannot be defined as 'terrorists'. Terrorism is from the specific motive in wanting to make a populace at large afraid in their day to day lives.

Nazaroo

I highlighted the phrases that make no sense - please expound

Sure:

Here (canada) three muslims planned, jumped and attempted to murder a Christian for publicly displaying his faith.

The mainstream media deleted the "Islamic attack" element or refused entirely to to cover the story.

Only Israeli news bothered to tell the truth about what happened.

Why? because Trudeau wants to bring in 25,000 muslims quickly before Canadians
can do anything about it, and the media has a blanket over muslim violence.

http://en.cijnews.com/?p=12412#comments

Stabbing-wounds-1-CIJnews.jpg

The victim's stabbing wounds. Photo: CIJnews
Exclusive: Toronto man wearing “Infidel” patch stabbed for allegedly offending Muslims

Posted by: Jonathan D. Halevi October 31, 2015
On Sunday, September 20, 2015 at 11:18pm, CP24 dryly reported that “a man in his 50\s is in serious condition in a hospital after he was stabbed multiple times in Scarborough on Sunday night.”
According to the Police, “the man was stabbed in the area of Danforth Road and St. Clair Avenue East, just after 10 p.m. Sunday” and “several suspects were seen fleeing the area on foot.”
CP24 also quoted the Paramedics who said that “the man was rushed to the hospital trauma centre for treatment. He suffered multiple stab wounds.”
Since then the Police has not provided any further details about the motive of the stabbing attack or the identity of the perpetrators.
On October 29, CIJnews sent a query to the Police containing a link to the CP24 news report accompanied with the following questions:

• Did the Police arrest any suspects?
  • What was the motive of the stabbing attack?
  • Does the Toronto Police regard this stabbing attack a hate crime/ terrorist attack/ criminal attack?
In response to the query, the Police Media Relations Officer wrote in an email sent to CIJnews that she “was unable to locate an incident with the location you have provided” and asked for “more information to follow up.”
CIJnews provided her with the names of the victim and the Detective who interrogated him in hospital. The Police Media Relations Officer has not yet responded to the latest correspondence.
The scene where the stabbing attack took place. Photo: CIJnews

The 56 year-old victim, who asked not be identified due to security concerns, told CIJnews that the stabbing attack took place at the entrance to the Sports Lounge Bar at Kennedy Road and St. Clair. A devout Christian who also follows the Jewish Torah, the victim was a regular at the bar on Sundays and was not shy about speaking about his criticism of Islam. The jacket he wore on the day of the stabbing had a patch on its front that reads “Infidel” in English and in Arabic (كافر).
At one point of that evening, he went out to bring in an amplifier from his wife’s car. At the entrance to the bar, three unfamiliar males stopped him. One of them, a white 6′ 4 male with dark hair and many tattoos on his body, presented himself as a Muslim, confronted him and inquired about the “Infidel” patch. After explaining to them that he is a Christian who collects patches, he felt intimidated as the three started closing in on him while his back was facing the entrance door with no way to escape.
He was told: “You offended my friend” and then the shortest guy, who stood suspiciously quiet and abstained from engaging in conversation with him, pulled a knife from his friend’s jacket and started stabbing him repeatedly in the abdomen.
The victim was taken by surprise from the unexpected hostile behavior of the three strangers, of whom two had a Mideastern appearance (one with Quebecois accent). At first he did not realize that he was stabbed as he wore a knife-proof biker vest. Instinctively, he tried to move away the hand of the attacker who “poked” him, and by doing so he sustained cuts in his palm and the attacker now aimed his knife under the vest causing two stabbing wounds.

Talking to CIJnews a month later, the victim is convinced that it was a premeditated targeted attack, as he never saw these three men, they were not patrons of the bar and their motive was directly connected to his “Infidel” patch which was deemed by them as offensive.
He was told that bar’s patrons chased the three attackers, prevented them from fleeing the scene in a truck which was parked nearby (not at the bar’s parking lot) and vandalized the truck before the Police arrived. CIJnews had no further information about the truck which may serve as a potential lead to the perpetrators.

rexlunae

Why do you say that? I never saw anything that said he was a Christian.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/02/us/robert-dear-planned-parenthood-shooting.html

Certainly not religious, like this Muslim shooter is described as.

We barely learned the first name. Where is that coming from? Who could possibly know?

I agree, and it's why I generally withhold judgment. The initial story is usually 100% wrong (as in Trayvon Martin and Michael Brown)

Strangely, the multiple initial stories look to almost all be partially true. It's a weird situation.

brewmama

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/02/us/robert-dear-planned-parenthood-shooting.html

We barely learned the first name. Where is that coming from? Who could possibly know?

His father.

Farook’s father was shocked to learn of his son’s possible involvement in the attack.

“I haven’t heard anything,” the elder Syed Farook told the Daily News. “He was very religious. He would go to work, come back, go to pray, come back. He’s Muslim.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...d-calif-massacre-identified-article-1.2453471

Nazaroo

His father.

Farook’s father was shocked to learn of his son’s possible involvement in the attack.

“I haven’t heard anything,” the elder Syed Farook told the Daily News. “He was very religious. He would go to work, come back, go to pray, come back. He’s Muslim.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...d-calif-massacre-identified-article-1.2453471

Nailed it.

Muslim ............ Terrorist. with accomplices:

= Terrorist Cell, in Muslim community in USA.

No matter how much Americans don't want
a Christian - Muslim War on home turf, Its here. Its on.

And fighting back is self-defence.

badp

Guns are autonomous mind control devices that turn peace-loving Mooslims into victims of American exceptionalism.

If we just took away all the guns, they wouldn't use knives or swords. It's not like they are beheading people or anything. And there are zero stabblings in places like the UK where guns are illegal.

Why don't we listen to the wisdom of liberals? The evidence is totally in their favor.

:kookoo:

Nazaroo

Guns are autonomous mind control devices that turn peace-loving Mooslims into victims of American exceptionalism.

If we just took away all the guns, they wouldn't use knives or swords. It's not like they are beheading people or anything. And there are zero stabblings in places like the UK where guns are illegal.

Why don't we listen to the wisdom of liberals? The evidence is totally in their favor.

:kookoo:

I'd laugh, but I'm crying.

Thousands of innocent Christians in North America are going to be killed by camel-humpers.

Can you dump Obama in time?

Or has the cocaine numbed the brain of the American middle class beyond repair?

badp

I'd laugh, but I'm crying.

Thousands of innocent Christians in North America are going to be killed by camel-humpers.

Can you dump Obama in time?

Or has the cocaine numbed the brain of the American middle class beyond repair?

Hopefully there are portions of the country that cling to their guns long enough to defend themselves. Notice these attacks happen in only the most liberal places -- California, Colorado, New England, you name it. Places where people are accustomed to being defenseless and think guns are scary and icky.

badp

In North America, you're still far more likely to be killed by a Christian with a gun. Like last week, for instance, in Colorado Springs.

Did you know him? This is the first time I heard he was a Christian.

Or are you just trolling?

rexlunae

The article says he frequented a marijuana website. Other sources indicate he smoked it. Therefore, you're more likely to be killed by a pothead with a gun.

Well, why do you run to that logic with Muslims so readily?

If there is a common thread, it seems to be religious extremism more than any particular sect. At the extremes, there's little difference between Christianity and Islam. They both seem fixated on the notion that the world is about to end, that God is going to do something big, soon, and certain kinds of violence might help this to come about.

Alate_One

The article says he frequented a marijuana website. Other sources indicate he smoked it. Therefore, you're more likely to be killed by a pothead with a gun.

From Rex's article a quote from Mr. Dear from an online forum.

“Turn to JESUS or burn in hell,” he wrote on one site on Oct. 7, 2005. “WAKE UP SINNERS U CANT SAVE YOURSELF U WILL DIE AN WORMS SHALL EAT YOUR FLESH, NOW YOUR SOUL IS GOING SOMEWHERE.”

Sounds like some of the posters here.

exminister

CNN said:
The family has not been able to track down recently named suspect Syed Farook or his wife since Wednesday morning, said Hussam Ayloush, executive director of CAIR (the Council on American Islamic Relations).

Farhan Khan, the brother-in-law of the suspect Syed Farook, told reporters: "I have no idea why he would he do something like this. I have absolutely no idea. i am in shock myself." Khan said he last talked to Farook a week ago.

ATF tells CNN that one of the guns used in the shooting was legally purchased and traces back to someone believe to be connect with the shooting. The agency would not disclose the name of the purchaser

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/12/02/us/san-bernardino-shooting/

exminister

LATimes said:
What we know
Around 11 a.m., two assailants opened fire in San Bernardino at a party in the Inland Regional Center, police said.

Fourteen people were killed and 17 wounded. The motive is unknown.

Police said there was "some degree of planning." The shooters were heavily armed and had tactical attire.

After an afternoon car chase, two armed suspects were killed by police: Syed Farook and Tafsheen Malik, authorities said.

A third person was detained but might not be connected to the shooting.

Authorities are searching a home in nearby Redlands.

Anyone who suspects a relative was killed or injured can call a family assistance hotline at (800) 637-6653.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-san-bernardino-shooting-live-updates-htmlstory.html