Active shooter near San Bernardino, CA

rexlunae

The media is questioning if they are terrorists. The answer is yes. They have terrorized that community.

Terrorism is generally considered to be violence aimed at a political purpose. And as hard as it is to believe, the indication seems to be that this event was spurred by some sort of interpersonal conflict at a San Bernadino employees' luncheon that, because this is America, ended with a mass shooting. That's not really political.

nikolai_42

Muslim America

I've been wondering when we would start to see the effect of all the convicted violent offenders that have been released because of shortages of facilities (and money...I guess):

Corrections Officials...Release More Violent Offenders

Oklahoma County District Attorney David Prater said he’s concerned that accelerated releases are causing a danger to the public.

I think what you’re going to see within a year, maybe less, is a spike in crime by the offenders released to the street,” said Prater. “They’ve shown they can’t behave behind the walls. They’re certainly not going to behave on the outside without supervision.”

6,000 Violent and Non-Violent Prisoners to be Released

It is not just non-violent offenders who are getting their freedom, a Justice Department spokesman said -- some of those being released have been convicted of violent crime, along with drug crimes.

Violent Offenders can be Released in Realignment Program

Violent felons - including one prisoner fresh out of segregation from Pelican Bay State Prison near Crescent City - are ending up on probation on local streets through California's prisoner realignment plan, officials said.

"They don't look into a person's background," said probation Officer Jerad Linnell. "They only look into their last conviction."

And then there's last year's 36,000 illegal criminals that were released :

36K Criminals Freed While Awaiting Deportation

According to the report, the 36,007 individuals released represented nearly 88,000 convictions, including:

193 homicide convictions
426 sexual assault convictions
303 kidnapping convictions
1,075 aggravated assault convictions
1,160 stolen vehicle convictions
9,187 dangerous drug convictions
16,070 drunk or drugged driving convictions
303 flight escape convictions

Of course....with the "sanctuary city killing" earlier this year, this isn't anything new....

We don't need radical Muslims to bring terror. And for the government to release these people on one hand and then say something needs to be done about guns on the other....

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
The media is questioning if they are terrorists. The answer is yes. They have terrorized that community.

It doesn't work that way. Al Qaeda, for example, are not defined as terrorists by the government.

You can't just label everything 'terrorist', and for good reason, because otherwise you cannot know thy enemy. It would all just be dumbed down to 'terrorism'.

It's all already kind of ridiculous that everyone is heralding some 'war on terror'- you can't have a war on something abstract. It's propaganda.

rexlunae

Please dont include me in your use of "we" I have 0 obligation to take responsibility for something i did not do or cause or contribute to in any way.

I will not ever suffer from manufactured guilt for things i had no part in.

Do you agree with Knight's blaming President Obama? Or do you think he was involved here somehow?

brewmama

Terrorism is generally considered to be violence aimed at a political purpose. And as hard as it is to believe, the indication seems to be that this event was spurred by some sort of interpersonal conflict at a San Bernadino employees' luncheon that, because this is America, ended with a mass shooting. That's not really political.

Except that he's a Muslim, and there were 3 shooters. There seems to be a bit more involved.

Nazaroo

MSNBC is already referring to the muslim terrorists as follows:

"U.S. Citizen Sayeed Farook..."

Biggest coverup yet.

This is worse than Sandy Hook, cause its probably real.

Bets on the names of the other two being 'Mohammed Ackbar' - something something.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
MSNBC is already referring to the muslim terrorists as follows:

"U.S. Citizen Sayeed Farook..."

Biggest coverup yet.

This is worse than Sandy Hook, cause its probably real.

Bets on the names of the other two being 'Mohammed Ackbar' - something something.

I highlighted the phrases that make no sense - please expound

rexlunae

Except that he's a Muslim,

And the last guy was Christian. So?

... and there were 3 shooters.

That's where it looks like terrorism.

There seems to be a bit more involved.

Yes. There seems to be a pretty clear personal, professional, element. And yet, having three people, heavily armed, seemingly quite prepared suggests something larger and more coordinated. Maybe it's some sort of weird hybrid. I think it's time to withhold judgement for the time being.