ECT According to Paul he was not the only one that preached the MYSTERY.

God's Truth

Mat 4:17**From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

Wow, are you kidding? Repent of sins is what John the baptizer preached, it is what Jesus preached, and it is what Apostle Paul preached.

Acts 20:21 I have declared to both Jews and Greeks that they must turn to God in repentance and have faith in our Lord Jesus.

Acts 26:20 First to those in Damascus, then to those in Jerusalem and in all Judea, and to the Gentiles also, I preached that they should repent and turn to God and prove their repentance by their deeds.

Acts 17:30 Therefore, although God has overlooked such times of ignorance, he now commands all people everywhere to repent,

God's Truth

The reason the expression is used is to take a graphic concept and say something about cleaning the human heart. In that culture, there were diseases and hygienic problems when there was no circumcision.

No, that is not it. Paul said circumcision is mutilation of the flesh.

God's Truth

Please explain what a heart circumcision means. It sounds weird.

I am glad you ask.

Jesus circumcises our hearts, and we have a part in our circumcision too.

We come to Jesus and repent of our sins. WE PUT OFF the sinful nature; and Jesus puts away our sins.

Colossians 2:11 In him you were also circumcised, in the putting off of the sinful nature, not with a circumcision done by the hands of men but with the circumcision done by Christ,

Jeremiah 4:4 Circumcise yourselves to the LORD, circumcise your hearts, you people of Judah and inhabitants of Jerusalem, or my wrath will flare up and burn like fire because of the evil you have done-- burn with no one to quench it.

Deuteronomy 10:16 Circumcise your hearts, therefore, and do not be stiff-necked any longer.

God's Truth

Circumcision of the flesh was just the sign...not the promise itself. The PROMISE has come. Circumcision is no longer a sign in our flesh that we give, for the Holy Spirit living in us is now our sign.

Circumcision was an outward sign to separate a nation unto God. We are now separated to God by faith in His Son.

Ephesians 1:13 And you also were included in Christ when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation. Having believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit,

We are the CIRCUMCISION, we who worship by the Spirit.

Philippians 3:3 For it is we who are the circumcision, we who worship by the Spirit of God, who glory in Christ Jesus, and who put no confidence in the flesh—

God's Truth

Is that any different in its message from the gospel we now preach?

Is that any different in its message from the gospel we now preach?

Irrelevant to the point. What was their message?

I wasn't being sarcastic. I want an answer.

John preached the good news. Jesus preached the good news, and all the apostles preached the good news.

Luke 16:16
The Law and the Prophets were proclaimed until John. Since that time, the gospel of the kingdom of God is being preached, and everyone is forcing his way into it.

This is the good news preached:

The good news of the kingdom.

The good news.

The good news about Jesus the Messiah, the Son of God,

The good news of God.

The good news of Jesus is the Messiah.

The good news of the kingdom of God and the name of Jesus Christ,

The good news about Jesus.

The good news of peace through Jesus Christ, who is Lord of all.

The good news about the Lord Jesus.

Since John the baptist, Jesus, and the rest, repent and be saved is the way to salvation.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
According to Paul he was not the only one that preached the MYSTERY.

The mystery hidden since the foundation of the world was first preached by Christ Jesus, not Paul.

(Matt 13:35 KJV) That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying, I will open my mouth in parables; I will utter things which have been kept secret from the foundation of the world.

How did those who follow and believe MAD miss this ?

MADists think Paul was the first to preach the mystery hidden since the foundation of the world. MADists are wrong. It was Christ Jesus, not Paul.

Interplanner

The mystery hidden since the foundation of the world was first preached by Christ Jesus, not Paul.

(Matt 13:35 KJV) That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying, I will open my mouth in parables; I will utter things which have been kept secret from the foundation of the world.

MADists think Paul was the first to preach the mystery hidden since the foundation of the world. MADists are wrong. It was Christ Jesus, not Paul.

There are other problems with that.

Right Divider

Body part
So you think that scripture is Paul saying there are many gospels?!!! So then Paul is lying when he said NO OTHER GOSPEL? Which is it Mr. Bible man.
Poor little frantic GT.

I've explained that misunderstood passage many times. So many, that I've created a blog for you and others: http://theologyonline.com/entry.php?3469-Another-gospel-in-Galatians-1

Paul was speaking to a SPECIFIC group and REPEATS that SEVEN times. It's a little hard to miss.

THEY were not to receive any other gospel than THAT which THEY had received.

It's not rocket surgery.

Last edited:

Right Divider

Body part
Please explain what a heart circumcision means. It sounds weird.
This is what it means.

Deut 10:12-22 (AKJV/PCE)
(10:12) ¶ And now, Israel, what doth the LORD thy God require of thee, but to fear the LORD thy God, to walk in all his ways, and to love him, and to serve the LORD thy God with all thy heart and with all thy soul, (10:13) To keep the commandments of the LORD, and his statutes, which I command thee this day for thy good? (10:14) Behold, the heaven and the heaven of heavens [is] the LORD's thy God, the earth [also], with all that therein [is]. (10:15) Only the LORD had a delight in thy fathers to love them, and he chose their seed after them, [even] you above all people, as [it is] this day. (10:16) Circumcise therefore the foreskin of your heart, and be no more stiffnecked. (10:17) For the LORD your God [is] God of gods, and Lord of lords, a great God, a mighty, and a terrible, which regardeth not persons, nor taketh reward: (10:18) He doth execute the judgment of the fatherless and widow, and loveth the stranger, in giving him food and raiment. (10:19) Love ye therefore the stranger: for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt. (10:20) Thou shalt fear the LORD thy God; him shalt thou serve, and to him shalt thou cleave, and swear by his name. (10:21) He [is] thy praise, and he [is] thy God, that hath done for thee these great and terrible things, which thine eyes have seen. (10:22) Thy fathers went down into Egypt with threescore and ten persons; and now the LORD thy God hath made thee as the stars of heaven for multitude.

Right Divider

Body part
The circ practice on the 8th day was the first item I ever heard about the practice corroborating it as scientifically sensible, in a book on the medical side of the Law called NONE OF THESE DISEASES.

I love those verses in Acts 17; been doing that for years.
So now God has to meet your test for scientific sensibility? What a vain philosophy you have!

How does Genesis 1-2 do with your "scientific sensibility"?

Danoh

So now God has to meet your test for scientific sensibility? What a vain philosophy you have!

How does Genesis 1-2 do with your "scientific sensibility"?

Yep...

For his is ol Barn's same, self-important sniff of his nose right after Barn asserts a thing :chuckle:

God's Truth

So you're trying to say that God required people to mutilate themselves?

Your view of God and scripture is twisted beyond belief.

No. That is not what I am saying. Listen carefully. Without God still commanding circumcision anymore...without the command from God...circumcision, is, now, just, mutilation of the flesh.

God's Truth

Paul calls it mutilation of the flesh. I believe Paul. God no longer requires it.
So guess what, it is just mutilation now.

God's Truth

God commanded animal sacrifices at one time...but if it were to be done now, it would be like breaking a dog's neck.

So you see Right Divider, it is not I who twists God's Truth. Those who twist it have NO understanding.

Danoh

Eph 3:5
Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

Notice Paul did not reveal the mystery to the Apostles and Prophets the mystery was revealed to them by the SPIRIT.

How did those who follow and believe MAD miss this ?

Not only by the Spirit thru Paul; Gal. 2; 2 Peter 3; but only Paul alone is found preaching said Mystery.

Right Divider

Body part
No. That is not what I am saying. Listen carefully. Without God still commanding circumcision anymore...without the command from God...circumcision, is, now, just, mutilation of the flesh.
I do listen carefully; you do not write carefully.

The Holy Spirit circumcises our hearts. Physical circumcision is mutilation of the flesh for Jews and Gentiles.
You put NO limitations on the time here.... see?

So are you saying that God made a change? Perhaps a dispensational difference? Maybe there is a chance for you yet!