About bible

Hassan.gh

Hi
I'm a Muslim and perhaps u know that the holy Koran is considered among Muslims as infallible and a miracle.
My question is do u believe such things about bible too?

I saw some debates between atheists that bible says earth is flat or earth is created 6000 years ago

It's as clear as day that these statements contradict science . So do u believe that the whole bible is infallible and from God or some parts of it is man made?

If second is your what u think how can u be sure that other verses are from God?

Thanks

Sent from my LG-M250 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Lon

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Hi
I'm a Muslim and perhaps u know that the holy Koran is considered among Muslims as infallible and a miracle.

I saw some debates between atheists that bible says earth is flat or earth is created 6000 years ago

It's as clear as day that these statements contradict science . So do u believe that the whole bible is infallible and from God or some parts of it is man made?

If second is your what u think how can u be sure that other verses are from God?

Thanks

Shalom.

I used to be a Christian. I am a Jew now. I read, study, observe, and teach Torah. The people of Israel broke the covenant God made with them at Mount Sinai, so in Jeremiah God promised a new covenant for the house of Israel and the house of Judah. It is God's law written on minds and hearts in Yeshua HaMashiach, Jesus the Christ.

I say this only to tell you that from what I know, your question confirms that there are similarities and differences in the way Christians and Muslims view the Bible, and even like you have said in your case how a Muslim views the Quran. You may find answers. If you have already read the Quran, you understand the backbone for what you believe as a Muslim. You can change your view, belief, thoughts, faith, and religion. But you do not need to do any of these things to read the Bible.

God's best to you.

Shalom.

Jacob

Hassan.gh

Shalom.

I used to be a Christian. I am a Jew now. I read, study, observe, and teach Torah. The people of Israel broke the covenant God made with them at Mount Sinai, so in Jeremiah God promised a new covenant for the house of Israel and the house of Judah. It is God's law written on minds and hearts in Yeshua HaMashiach, Jesus the Christ.

I say this only to tell you that from what I know, your question confirms that there are similarities and differences in the way Christians and Muslims view the Bible, and even like you have said in your case how a Muslim views the Quran. You may find answers. If you have already read the Quran, you understand the backbone for what you believe as a Muslim. You can change your view, belief, thoughts, faith, and religion. But you do not need to do any of these things to read the Bible.

God's best to you.

Shalom.

Jacob
Honestly I didn't get what u wanted to tell me because it seems u r in a special situation and have a background for what u said but I'm Iranian and have no clue of what most of Christians and Jews believe except of what have been revealed in Koran.
So would u be a little more clear or make some examples?

CherubRam

Hi

Thanks

The creation days are epochs of time. The bible does not say how old the world is. Much of what is written in the bible is parables.

[FONT=&quot]Dreams Parables Proverbs Riddles Sayings Visions.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The bible often is written in a parable without giving any indication that it is parabolic.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Numbers 12:8[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]With him I speak face to face, clearly and not in riddles; he sees the form of the LORD. Why then were you not afraid to speak against my servant Moses?”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Psalm 49:4[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I will turn my ear to a proverb; with the harp I will expound my riddle:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Proverbs 1:6[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]for understanding proverbs and parables, the sayings and riddles of the wise.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Daniel 5:12[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]He did this because Daniel, whom the king called Belteshazzar, was found to have a keen mind and knowledge and understanding, and also the ability to interpret dreams, explain riddles and solve difficult problems. Call for Daniel, and he will tell you what the writing means.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ezekiel 20:49[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Then I said, “Sovereign LORD, they are saying of me, ‘Isn’t he just telling parables?’”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Hosea 12:10[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I spoke to the prophets, gave them many visions and told parables through them.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Matthew 13:3[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Then he told them many things in parables, saying: “A farmer went out to sow his seed.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Matthew 13:10[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The disciples came to him and asked, “Why do you speak to the people in parables?”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Matthew 13:13[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]This is why I speak to them in parables: “Though seeing, they do not see; though hearing, they do not hear or understand.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Matthew 13:34[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Jesus spoke all these things to the crowd in parables; he did not say anything to them without using a parable.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Matthew 13:35[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]So was fulfilled what was spoken through the prophet: “I will open my mouth in parables, I will utter things hidden since the creation of the world.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Psalm 78[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2 I will open my mouth with a parable; I will utter hidden things, things from of old...[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Hi

The Christian faith is that Jesus Christ is risen from the dead. We believe that, and we call Him Lord, and that makes us Christians. There's a very wide variety of beliefs beyond this (some that you mention), that distinguishes many different types of Christians, but we all believe that the Lord Jesus Christ rose from the dead.

Hassan.gh

The creation days are epochs of time. The bible does not say how old the world is. Much of what is written in the bible is parables.

[FONT=&quot]Dreams Parables Proverbs Riddles Sayings Visions.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The bible often is written in a parable without giving any indication that it is parabolic.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Numbers 12:8[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]With him I speak face to face, clearly and not in riddles; he sees the form of the LORD. Why then were you not afraid to speak against my servant Moses?”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Psalm 49:4[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I will turn my ear to a proverb; with the harp I will expound my riddle:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Proverbs 1:6[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]for understanding proverbs and parables, the sayings and riddles of the wise.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Daniel 5:12[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]He did this because Daniel, whom the king called Belteshazzar, was found to have a keen mind and knowledge and understanding, and also the ability to interpret dreams, explain riddles and solve difficult problems. Call for Daniel, and he will tell you what the writing means.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ezekiel 20:49[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Then I said, “Sovereign LORD, they are saying of me, ‘Isn’t he just telling parables?’”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Hosea 12:10[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I spoke to the prophets, gave them many visions and told parables through them.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Matthew 13:3[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Then he told them many things in parables, saying: “A farmer went out to sow his seed.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Matthew 13:10[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The disciples came to him and asked, “Why do you speak to the people in parables?”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Matthew 13:13[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]This is why I speak to them in parables: “Though seeing, they do not see; though hearing, they do not hear or understand.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Matthew 13:34[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Jesus spoke all these things to the crowd in parables; he did not say anything to them without using a parable.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Matthew 13:35[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]So was fulfilled what was spoken through the prophet: “I will open my mouth in parables, I will utter things hidden since the creation of the world.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Psalm 78[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2 I will open my mouth with a parable; I will utter hidden things, things from of old...[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
Thanks but I assume u haven't answered my questions properly
At least as atheists say u change the meaning of bible's verses after science reveals they can't be true. So in fact there should be some different interpretations I suppose

Hassan.gh

The Christian faith is that Jesus Christ is risen from the dead. We believe that, and we call Him Lord, and that makes us Christians. There's a very wide variety of beliefs beyond this (some that you mention), that distinguishes many different types of Christians, but we all believe that the Lord Jesus Christ rose from the dead.
I wanna cry
I am really starting or beginning to doubt of my English skills!!!!

Maybe I can't understand what u say but all of answers I've got didn't convince me. I think my questions are clear so why don't u answer them as a same way I did?

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
I wanna cry
I am really starting or beginning to doubt of my English skills!!!!

Maybe I can't understand what u say but all of answers I've got didn't convince me. I think my questions are clear so why don't u answer them as a same way I did?

Probably because this is a Christian discussion board, and you're a Muslim. We don't want to talk about what you want to talk about, we want to talk about Jesus Christ rising from the dead with you.

CherubRam

Thanks but I assume u haven't answered my questions properly
At least as atheists say u change the meaning of bible's verses after science reveals they can't be true. So in fact there should be some different interpretations I suppose

For thousands of years it has been taught that the creation days are epochs of time. Example: God said to Adam, in the day you eat of it you will surly die; but yet after Adam ate the fruit he continued to live for almost a thousand years, until he finally died.

Only recently did some Christians say the creation days are literal.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Honestly I didn't get what u wanted to tell me because it seems u r in a special situation and have a background for what u said but I'm Iranian and have no clue of what most of Christians and Jews believe except of what have been revealed in Koran.
So would u be a little more clear or make some examples?

Shalom.

I accept the TaNaKh and Matthew through Revelation. The TaNaKh is the Torah, the Nevi'im, and the Ketuvim. This means the Law, the Prophets, and the Writings. In Judaism there was an expectation, a promise from God, that the Messiah would come. And He did come. Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John are Gospel Accounts that will tell you about Jesus, the Christ, the Messiah. The word gospel means good news. You can learn about how Jesus died for you so that your sins would be forgiven. He was perfectly righteous, God's only begotten Son, and He paid the penalty for your sin, dying in your place as a substitute. The Bible says that He was the just who died for you the unjust. Simply turn to God, turn from your sin, and trust in God in Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and He will grant you the forgiveness of your sins and the free gift of eternal life. Repent and believe the gospel, the good news, about God and Jesus Christ. This message is for you, and especially if you believe.

Please read in the Bible the following.

Deuteronomy 6:4
Leviticus 19:18
Jeremiah 31:31-34
Matthew 5:17-20
John 3:16
Acts 1:1-26
Acts 2:1-36
Acts 10:1-48
Acts 15:1-41
Romans 1:16-17
Romans 2:14-16
Romans 3:19
Romans 3:23
Romans 5:12
Romans 6:23
Romans 8:1-2
Romans 8:9
1 Corinthians 15:1-8

Shalom.

Jacob

oatmeal

Hi

Thanks

It is not clear that the Bible contradicts science.

What is clear is that some Christians assume they know what the Bible says and that so called science contradicts God's word.

God know what and when He created the heavens and the earth.

He knows what caused that perfect work of his to become without form and void.

He knows what He had to do to restore the heaven and earth to make it habitable for mankind.

God tells us in Genesis and in other scriptures.

If you want truth, God's word, scripture is truth, not science.

glorydaz

Hi

Thanks

No, all the Bible is the inspired Word of God. Many people, who do not know God, try to interpret what is said, but they fail. There is ONE TRUE God. The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.

God's Truth

Hi

Thanks

The Bible is to bring us to faith in God through His Son Jesus Christ.

We are not to come to believe in God because of scientific truths stated in the Bible.

Hassan.gh

It is not clear that the Bible contradicts science.

What is clear is that some Christians assume they know what the Bible says and that so called science contradicts God's word.

God know what and when He created the heavens and the earth.

He knows what caused that perfect work of his to become without form and void.

He knows what He had to do to restore the heaven and earth to make it habitable for mankind.

God tells us in Genesis and in other scriptures.

If you want truth, God's word, scripture is truth, not science.
You're the first that answered my question

OK u wanna say bible is infallible and will remain so even we discover that some of its verses contradict science I mean u wanna tell me that even if we find some verses against science in actuality we have understood them improperly and we have to change our interpretations

I infer that bible in your views will remain infallible even we find it's not???

Hassan.gh

Why not read the Bible for yourself first?
Simply because I think bible is a translation of original book so I will never find the truth by reading it but I know Arabic so I can read the Koran

Besides I wanted your views

Hassan.gh

No, all the Bible is the inspired Word of God. Many people, who do not know God, try to interpret what is said, but they fail. There is ONE TRUE God. The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.
So do u believe earth is flat or not if u want to give me what bible says in this case?