a whore for the republican party

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Ben Carson Shattering Stereotype About Brain Surgeons Being Smart
WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—Brain surgeons, long burdened with the onerous reputation of being among the smartest people in the world, are expressing relief that the Republican Presidential candidate Ben Carson is shattering that stereotype once and for all.

In interviews with brain surgeons across the country, the doctors revealed the enormous pressure they felt to live up to their profession’s inflated renown for intelligence before Carson entered the race.

“When people found out I was a brain surgeon they would always assume I was some kind of a genius,” said Harland Dorrinson, a neurosurgeon in Toledo, Ohio. “Now they are beginning to understand that you can know a lot about brain surgery and virtually nothing about anything else.”
Dorrinson said that acquaintances used to view him as a source of wisdom on a wide range of subjects, but added, “Ever since Ben Carson said that prisons make people gay, that’s really fallen off.”

The brain surgeon said that he would probably contribute to Carson’s campaign to keep him in the race: “every time he says something, it helps bring people’s unrealistic expectations about brain surgeons back down to earth.”

He said that he was cheered by Carson’s pronouncement over the weekend that Muslims should not be President. “Now you can cross politics off the list of things that people will expect me to be knowledgeable about,” he said. “I think I speak for a lot of brain surgeons when I say, ‘Thank you, Ben Carson.’ ”

:)

drbrumley

"My dad was a bartender, my mother was a maid, I'm running for president, and my dog talks" MARCO, this fall on the CW

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Asked to name his greatest weakness, Carson replied (re: the presidency):

"Not really seeing myself in that position."

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Another candidate who obviously isn't in it for the win:

Huckabee's actually stumping for Trump. And he's wearing a Trump tie.

Okay. :freak:

drbrumley

Christie says government isn't the answer to climate change, then lays out his plan of government spending to fix climate change.

drbrumley

“Breaking News! Breaking News!”
Butler Shaffer

All the news channels are in orgiastic mode, informing us that Paul Ryan has been elected Speaker of the House! What they failed to tell us, however, was that Caligula’s horse came in second!

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
“Breaking News! Breaking News!”
Butler Shaffer

All the news channels are in orgiastic mode, informing us that Paul Ryan has been elected Speaker of the House! What they failed to tell us, however, was that Caligula’s horse came in second!

is this the only place your posts get attention?

drbrumley

Sounds about right

Sounds about right

I'm missing the debate. World Series.

Who is winning??

Debate Quickie

By Llewellyn H. Rockwell, Jr.

October 29, 2015

CNBC and the rest of the MSM the big losers. Also losing: Bush, Fiorina, Kasich, Christie, Huckabee, and Rand. Rubio hailed as victor by media and neocons. But he is not very smart. Winners: Trump, Cruz, Carson, though Carson lost ground. He fell behind Rubio in the Drudge poll. The Gentle Ben shtick is wearing thin, which is not to say he can’t do well in evangelowa.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Debate Quickie

By Llewellyn H. Rockwell, Jr.

October 29, 2015

CNBC and the rest of the MSM the big losers. Also losing: Bush, Fiorina, Kasich, Christie, Huckabee, and Rand. Rubio hailed as victor by media and neocons. But he is not very smart. Winners: Trump, Cruz, Carson, though Carson lost ground. He fell behind Rubio in the Drudge poll. The Gentle Ben shtick is wearing thin, which is not to say he can’t do well in evangelowa.

this guy likes hillary