ECT A warning to born-again believers who are sinning habitually

God's Truth

Yes, Abram's faith was not enough ... he also was obedient.
True faith results in obedience!
Today's church does not understand this.
And they don't want to.

The pastors are to blame for not being real shepherds.
An excerpt from one of the Father's warnings ...
to one of His prophets and watchmen (of which there are many):
"shepherds leading multitudes to hell".

I so agree. False teachers do make it hard and hinder people.

However, the people have the Bible easily accessed and they should look for themselves to see if what they are taught is true.

john w

Hall of Fame
Hey, if you wanna find fault with Jesus, and His statements,
and His commands, etc. that's your problem.
Bye.

Sell all you have, show yourself to a Levitical priest, and offer the gift that Moses commanded. These are "Jesus"'s statements, commands.

Fraud. Poser.

ZacharyB

I so agree. False teachers do make it hard and hinder people.
However, the people have the Bible easily accessed
and they should look for themselves to see if what they are taught is true.
Yes, of course, but they also choose to go along the broad road,
which is easy and enjoyable and agrees with their flesh.
Perhaps the biggest problem is the OSAS doctrine.

glorydaz

The only working we're doing is being obedient!
Obedient to the word, and obedient to Jesus' commandments!

This has nothing to do with good works, good deeds, etc.
Have a nice day ... hope it's bright enough for you to see the light.

This boasting is excluded by the law of faith. Do you understand why that is?

Galatians 2:19-21
19 For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God. 20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. 21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.​

glorydaz

Of course, we are to keep the Ten Commandments.
Jesus was also saying that obedience is the correct heart attitude to have.

The Ten Commandments were given to show men their sin, and lead them to Christ for forgiveness. Romans 3:19KJV

If the Ten have served their purpose in you, then you need to move on. Any attempt or effort you make to "keep" them is nothing but zeal without knowledge. That same zeal without knowledge that the Jews had. Romans 10:1-4KJV

God's Truth

The Ten Commandments were given to show men their sin, and lead them to Christ for forgiveness. Romans 3:19KJV

If the Ten have served their purpose in you, then you need to move on. Any attempt or effort you make to "keep" them is nothing but zeal without knowledge. That same zeal without knowledge that the Jews had. Romans 10:1-4KJV

No, the zeal without knowledge is about the Jews who did not want to stop doing the purification works of the law instead of just faith for Jesus' blood purifying us.

God's Truth

This boasting is excluded by the law of faith. Do you understand why that is?

Galatians 2:19-21
19 For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God. 20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. 21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.​

Paul is speaking of the righteousness that makes us holy and perfect through Jesus' blood compared to the type of righteousness through the blood of animals. That does not mean we don't have to obey Jesus' teachings in the New Testament. It just means we don't have to get circumcised and sacrifice animals.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
We have to obey what Jesus taught n the new testament.

Mat 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations............
Mat 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you

Mat 23:1 Then spake Jesus to the multitude, and to his disciples,
Mat 23:2 Saying, The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat:
Mat 23:3 All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do.....

Mat 19:16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
Mat 19:17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

Mat 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
Mat 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
Mat 5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
Mat 5:20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Mat 5:48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

God's Truth

Mat 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations............
Mat 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you

Mat 23:1 Then spake Jesus to the multitude, and to his disciples,
Mat 23:2 Saying, The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat:
Mat 23:3 All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do.....

Mat 19:16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
Mat 19:17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

Mat 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
Mat 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
Mat 5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
Mat 5:20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Mat 5:48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

Right on.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Right on.

I need ya' to lay your hands on some folks for me.
I'll furnish the transportation.

Mar 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
Mar 16:18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

God's Truth

I need ya' to lay your hands on some folks for me.
I'll furnish the transportation.

Mar 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
Mar 16:18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

It was already done.

Colossians 1:6
that has come to you. All over the world this gospel is bearing fruit and growing, just as it has been doing among you since the day you heard it and truly understood the grace of God.

Colossians 1:23
if indeed you continue in your faith, established and firm, not moved from the hope of the gospel you heard, which has been proclaimed in all creation under heaven, and of which I, Paul, have become a servant.