A Thread For Rusha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
Town doesn't think he owns the place at all. SOD seems to think so for some reason so that alone should give any objective person pause for thought. Good sentiments Ska but likely wasted as it goes.

:e4e:
:darwinsm: Good example of prejudicial discourse! Of course, no "objective" person would think such about Townie. And, yes, followed on by the implication that sod will disregard any such criticism. :rolleyes:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Ska, to address a couple of things in line with your point and Sod's response:

...You misunderstand me. I don't act like a douche towards him because he thinks he owns the place, I act like a douche towards him because he's a pretentious windbag who can never admit when he's wrong,
He started this decline when I called him on lowering the level of discourse around here, concentrating on racially divisive nonsense, putting potentially serious discussions in the worst, least constructive context. At the time I told him he could do better--not realizing he had no interest in more or other. He put me on ignore and began this sad sort of delusional descent, most recently evidenced by inferring I was a homosexual (doing the same for another poster and then having a nice, enforced nap) followed by a repeated use or the descriptive "retarded" thereafter.

On being right...Like most people who enter an argument after they've considered the issue, I tend to believe I'm right on a thing. Else, it would be irresponsible to weigh in. I stay out of a great many theological arguments for precisely that reason. I can argue rationally over the premise of faith, but I lack the breadth of theological background that would make me feel comfortable in the more substantive and particular discussions, where even earnest error could have serious consequences. So I read and learn, but rarely participate in those discussions, preferring to listen to a number of posters here with a great deal more knowledge.

Overall, I suppose I'd ask this question: how many people have you witnessed during a debate change their mind about their position? Not many I'd wager. So this singular excuse on Sod's part isn't much of one...as to particular errors, I'll admit them when I make them. I've done it with a number of people. Not too long ago with anna, whom I like, and just the other day with Ben M, whom I don't, over a mistake I made in relation to the normal Roman practice in crucifying.

But this is part of Sod's problem. He'll make a claim because it suits him, not because he knows it to be true. I've set out this methodological error on his part more than once.

So the only thing Sod got right there was how he's been acting.

Since I've been more antagonistic towards him I've observed his methods and he's pretty easy to pin now.
If by pin he means attempt to alter context or rest on :rotfl: and name calling. He's just brilliant at that. :plain:

Last edited:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
:darwinsm: Good example of prejudicial discourse! Of course, no "objective" person would think such about Townie.
Not reasonably, no. I'm no SOS member, or admin. I'm not a conservative and, recently, the response of those in power to Sod inferring I was homosexual was on par with just about nothing being done at all. Not exactly a recipe for Sod's mistaken and self serving descriptive.

I take the stands I believe in. I'm confident in my arguments. I've never stooped to school yard level name calling. I've managed to fight my fights without resorting to the sort of behavior that results in an infraction, let alone being put in the penalty box, despite being the occasional recipient of the sort of histrionically emotional and insultingly low insult hurled by Sod or a few like him prior. I remain composed in the face of his nonsense, so he has to ascribe an attitude in keeping with his emotional bias. In fact it's only a reflection of my having had serious debates with actual, meaningful consequences in the real world of my profession. I don't get too excited here. This is enjoyable, mostly. I suspect that bothers him more than a little given his practice and its aim.

:e4e:

Last edited:

lightbringer

TOL Subscriber
What's your beef Rusha?

? It is obvious you think Rusha has a beef, how about if you narrow the universe down a bit by making a specific claim or even multiple claims so that it can be addressed directly?

This is the one and only response you will receive SOD. You seem to be spending more and more time making threads to bait, target and purposefully annoy other forum members than actually participating in reasonable dialogue.
Example: This thread.
Anyways ... have a nice night, SOD.

Rusha, reasonable dialogue is not his goal, baiting, targeting and annoying is, just ignore the background noise (SOD), it may go away on its own!

Originally Posted by Tyrathca View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong but that doesn't seem like that rare a trait on this forum or any other. As such you seem to be rather selective in who you troll for such behaviour.

SOD's reply, Maybe I'm just getting started! :devil:

With a daily average of 21 posts it seems you are a very busy little antagonist. :chuckle: enjoy!

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
TH writes:
This is enjoyable, mostly. I suspect that bothers him more than a little given his practice and its aim.

Turns out that ignoring childish behavior often ramps such people up to more and more extreme behavior in order to get some kind of response from others. But eventually, even the dimmest person will get the idea and stop. And fun though it might be to toy with them, it eventually annoys everyone else, even if you personally like watching them perform. Ignoring the childish behavior will eventually get though to even the thickest of them.

Eventually.

some other dude

? It is obvious you think Rusha has a beef, how about if you narrow the universe down a bit by making a specific claim or even multiple claims so that it can be addressed directly?

sorry lb - this thread was started in response to a post of mine that Rusha reported for namecalling - a post which consisted of quotes from artie ... doing what, do you suppose? Why, namecalling! :darwinsm:

It was a tardfest all around last night lb! :chuckle:

The only clown missing last night was our racist friend barbie, and I see he's showed up with his floppy shoes on. Yes barbie, we see you too. :wave2:

I'll get back to the rest of youse guys when I get back.

C ya!

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Barbie gets what he deserves. I do no more than throw back in his face what he shovels out. He comes to this site with a thinly disguised agenda. If you're blind to it, I assure you others aren't.

Artie? I don't know about artie. I think he might be brain damaged. I do know that I've wasted far too much time on him.

Town? Town's had free rein here for so long he thinks he owns the place. It's been fun to occasionally back him into a corner of his own making and watch him squirm.

Granite? Granite's a coward of the first order. He hides behind insults and refuses to honestly engage in discussion. I despise his cowardice.

eemee? greenie? aggie? Likeable tards.

And then there's any number of other posters I have enjoyed engaging in conversation, or tossing wisecracks back and forth, or generally passing the time of day.

I guess you do have some redeeming features

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
:rotfl:

I love threads where people talk about how good they are at ignoring people. :chuckle:

Status
Not open for further replies.