A Saviour unto Israel

Status
Not open for further replies.

beloved57

The Church, the Body of Christ is the Seed of Abraham !

The Church, the Body of Christ is the Seed of Abraham !

Did you know that the Church, the Body of Christ is Abraham's Seed ? For instance Ps 105:6

6 O ye seed of Abraham his servant, ye children of Jacob his chosen.

This is the Church, the Body of Christ !

Isa 41:8

8 But thou, Israel, art my servant, Jacob whom I have chosen, the seed of Abraham my friend.

Also from this scripture we see that the seed of Abraham and Israel are the same, and yet we are proving that the seed of Abraham is the Church that belongs to Christ !

Look at Heb 2:16

16 For verily he[Christ] took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.

Now we know that this Seed of Abraham is the Church, the Body of Christ because of NT Revelation Gal 3:29

29 And if ye be Christ's[His Body, the Church], then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

This clearly denotes that the Seed of Abraham in our previous texts Ps 105:6;Isa 41:8 and Heb 2:16 belong to Christ, also Gods Chosen Isa 42:1

Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect/chosen, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles.

Gal 3:16

16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

For there is No Salvation for the Seed of Abraham/Israel outside if Christ the Seed of Abraham. Israels Salvation here Promised is through Christ the Seed of Abraham Isa 45:17

17 But Israel[The Seed of Abraham] shall be saved in the Lord with an everlasting salvation: ye shall not be ashamed nor confounded world without end.

Remember Israel is identified as the Seed of Abraham Isa 41:8

8 But thou, Israel, art my servant, Jacob whom I have chosen, the seed of Abraham my friend.

Which belongs to Christ Gal 3:29

29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs[of Salvation] according to the promise !

beloved57

We are made Children of Abraham by Gods Promise !

We are made Children of Abraham by Gods Promise !

Remember when God spake this Promise to Abraham ? Gen 17:1-2

And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the Lord appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect.

2 And I will make my covenant between me and thee, and will multiply thee exceedingly.

When God said to him " I will multiply thee exceedingly" This was Promising him a Seed, Children , Children of Abraham ! And no, I am not speaking of Abraham's ethnic children, or the seed of Abraham according to the flesh, they are nothing special, but Abrahams Children according to his Faith Gal 3:7

7 Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham. Given to him by Gods Promise Gen 17:2; That is God gave Abraham Children that would follow in his foot steps of Faith Rom 4:11-13

11 And he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had yet being uncircumcised: that he might be the father of all them that believe, though they be not circumcised; that righteousness might be imputed unto them also:

12 And the father of circumcision to them who are not of the circumcision only, but who also walk in the steps of that faith of our father Abraham, which he had being yet uncircumcised.

13 For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith.

Gal 3:9

9 So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.

beloved57

We are made Children of Abraham by Gods Promise !2

We are made Children of Abraham by Gods Promise !2

We who have been given True Faith as Our Father Abraham's was, which Faith manifests us as Children of Abraham, given him by Promise Gal 3:7, we did not get this Faith by our own freewill, but as part of Gods Promise, so its the Gift of God, and confirms us as the promised Children or Seed of Abraham, or of Promise Rom 9:6-8

6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:

7 Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.

8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

We cannot make ourselves Children of Promise or of Abraham or of Faith, no more than Isaac could will himself to be a child of promise unto Abraham, and all believers are as Isaac was, a Child of Promise Gal 4:28

28 Now we, brethren[jew or gentile believers], as Isaac was, are the children of promise.

The Practical conclusion here is that if anyone ever comes to Faith in Christ its because they were a child of Promise to Abraham, God is fulfilling His Promise to Abraham from here Gen 17:2

2 And I will make my covenant between me and thee, and will multiply thee exceedingly.

We have been made Children of Abraham by the Faithfulness of God to His Covenant !

Nanja

We who have been given True Faith as Our Father Abraham's was, which Faith manifests us as Children of Abraham, given him by Promise Gal 3:7, we did not get this Faith by our own freewill, but as part of Gods Promise, so its the Gift of God, and confirms us as the promised Children or Seed of Abraham, or of Promise Rom 9:6-8

6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:

7 Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.

8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

We cannot make ourselves Children of Promise or of Abraham or of Faith, no more than Isaac could will himself to be a child of promise unto Abraham, and all believers are as Isaac was, a Child of Promise Gal 4:28

28 Now we, brethren[jew or gentile believers], as Isaac was, are the children of promise.

The Practical conclusion here is that if anyone ever comes to Faith in Christ its because they were a child of Promise to Abraham, God is fulfilling His Promise to Abraham from here Gen 17:2

We have been made Children of Abraham by the Faithfulness of God to His Covenant !

Amen, Praise God for His Faithfulness to His Covenant Deut. 7:9!

We were given Faith as evidence that we are of that Seed which God Promised to Abraham,
the Chosen Sons before the foundation Eph. 1:4-5. And just as Abraham walked perfect before God,
we also walk perfect before Him Heb. 10:14 because we were made holy and without blame before Him in Love.

Gal. 4:6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

~~~~~

beloved57

Amen, Praise God for His Faithfulness to His Covenant Deut. 7:9!

We were given Faith as evidence that we are of that Seed which God Promised to Abraham,
the Chosen Sons before the foundation Eph. 1:4-5. And just as Abraham walked perfect before God,
we also walk perfect before Him Heb. 10:14 because we were made holy and without blame before Him in Love.

Gal. 4:6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

~~~~~

Very Good!

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Rom 9:6-8

If we read scripture with an honest heart, it is seen that there are Two Israels, and not one in this passage and particularly in Vs 6, which makes the distinction between the Two Israels, one being Israel from Vs 8 Abraham's natural descendants aafter the flesh, and Israels spiritual descendants according to God's Promise, typified by Isaac Abrahams child of promise Vs 7 !

Now this Israel which constitute Abrahams children after the flesh, they are not the children of God or Promise, they are liken Ishmaels as compared to Isaac !

They are the same ones Paul writes of here as Israel after the flesh 1 Cor 10:18

18 Behold Israel after the flesh: are not they which eat of the sacrifices partakers of the altar?

And so with logical inference [ The act of reasoning from factual knowledge or evidence] guided by the principles of scripture, then we can conclude that there is an Israel after the Spirit, which is the Israel of God Paul points out here Gal 6:15-16

15 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature.

16 And as many as walk according to this rule, peace be on them, and mercy, and upon the Israel of God.

And also the principle is set forth of Two Israels in the analogy of Isaac and Ishmael where it says Gal 4:29

29 But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now.

Where in this context National Israel after the flesh is typfied by Ishmael and his mother hagar, and Israel after the Spirit is typified by Isaac[The Heir and child of promise] and his Mother Sarah.

This Truth of Two Israels had been a Mystery hidden in Christ, but to be disclosed in NT Times at the coming of the Spirit of Promise from Christ !

So it is with natural israel according to the flesh, as it was with ishmael and his mother, as saith the Words of Sarah Gal 4:30

30 Nevertheless what saith the scripture? Cast out the bondwoman and her son: for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman.

From Gen 21:10

Wherefore she said unto Abraham, Cast out this bondwoman and her son: for the son of this bondwoman shall not be heir with my son, even with Isaac.
Jesus’s original command was to travel in pairs to knock on the door of peasant households to share meals, heal and preach the Kingdom of God.

Paul revolutionized this activity and felt called to preach “to the nations.”

It was not without its problems. The original apostles of Jesus stood up against Paul and did not believe he was a true Anointed Believer.
Whether this dispute was ever resolved is impossible to say from a distance of 2,000 years.

Paul’s own account of the events in his letters and in Acts are clearly self-serving at times. It is not objective history but a subjective interpretation.

beloved57

Jesus’s original command was to travel in pairs to knock on the door of peasant households to share meals, heal and preach the Kingdom of God.

Paul revolutionized this activity and felt called to preach “to the nations.”

It was not without its problems. The original apostles of Jesus stood up against Paul and did not believe he was a true Anointed Believer.
Whether this dispute was ever resolved is impossible to say from a distance of 2,000 years.

Paul’s own account of the events in his letters and in Acts are clearly self-serving at times. It is not objective history but a subjective interpretation.

You quoted my post and then evaded the points I made with scripture!

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
You quoted my post and then evaded the points I made with scripture!
I apologize. It was not my intention. You probably feel disappointed and frustrated.

If you feel like stating a few main points of your opinion and give scriptural background for them, I will be glad to answer you.

But my answers are always going to be based on my own beliefs and interpretations. Because I believe God is infinite, I can never fully express myself where He is concerned because I am a finite human.

I just wanted you to know before we go any further. I base my faith on my own interpretations. And I have also recognize that the books of the Bible are also interpretations.

beloved57

I apologize. It was not my intention. You probably feel disappointed and frustrated.

If you feel like stating a few main points of your opinion and give scriptural background for them, I will be glad to answer you.

But my answers are always going to be based on my own beliefs and interpretations. Because I believe God is infinite, I can never fully express myself where He is concerned because I am a finite human.

I just wanted you to know before we go any further. I base my faith on my own interpretations. And I have also recognize that the books of the Bible are also interpretations.

Let me know when you want to debate or discuss the points I made with scripture!

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Let me know when you want to debate or discuss the points I made with scripture!
We can all read Scripture. The only thing we can do is interpret that Scripture that makes sense to us, ourselves, living in the modern world.

If you can tell me the context as you see it--what it meant to its original authors and audiences--and then tell me how it pertains to your own Christian journey--would be helpful to me.

I may be wrong but what I read were notations of Paul’s letters with some of the translated passages written in bold. Try taking all of your personal theological opinions and help me understand what you are saying in a sentence or two.

If you have the time or the inclination.

beloved57

We can all read Scripture. The only thing we can do is interpret that Scripture that makes sense to us, ourselves, living in the modern world.

If you can tell me the context as you see it--what it meant to its original authors and audiences--and then tell me how it pertains to your own Christian journey--would be helpful to me.

Like I said, when you want to debate or discuss the points I made with scripture, I am down, until then find someone interested in what you are interested in!

beloved57

The Children of God, Israel are the same !

The Children of God, Israel are the same !

The Children of God, Israel are the same ! How do we know this ? We know it because we follow scripture, in the book of Romans Chapter 9 observe Vs 6

Israel here is the subject matter, " For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel"

Now in Vs 7 the subject is the same but they are called this time seed of Abraham and Children :

This also confirms that the seed of Abraham is Israel and Children, Now in Vs 8 the same ones are called again something a little different, which are the Children of God/Children of Promise Vs 8

And yes they are called the Seed ! What Seed ? This Seed Isa 45:25

25 In the Lord shall all the seed of Israel be justified, and shall glory.

Which is also this seed Rom 4:16

Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

Now the Seed of Israel Isa 45:25 are also the Children of God and of Promise Rom 9:8 which are Israel Rom 9:6 ! Now who else are this same Children of God Rom 8:16-17,21

16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.

In all three of these scriptures the Children of God are Believers in Christ those whose Faith Paul hears of Rom 1:8

8 First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for you all, that your faith is spoken of throughout the whole world.

Remember when talking of their Faith that Identifys them as who ? Rom 4:12,16

12 And the father of circumcision to them who are not of the circumcision only, but who also walk in the steps of that faith of our father Abraham, which he had being yet uncircumcised.

16 Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

Gal 3:7

Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.

So that who Paul is writing unto in Rom 1:8 the Children of Abraham, whether jew or Gentile, as Long as they manifested Faith in Christ Gal 3:29

29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

And because they are the Children of God, they are also Israel, an Israel characterized by Faith !

beloved57

Israel after the flesh are not the Heirs !

Israel after the flesh are not the Heirs !

Not only are not the children of israel according to the flesh of Abraham not the Children of God Rom 9:8

The Children of Promise are Heirs ! Gal 4:28

28 Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise.

Its the Children of God which are Heirs Rom 8:17

And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

If Children as in Children of God Vs 16

16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

So therefore israel after the flesh was not Heirs together with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob as stated here Heb 11:9

By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise:

Yes, the children of israel according to the flesh, Abrahams natural seed, had no part in the Heirship of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob ! Just having a physical connection with Abraham did not qualify them as Heirs ! They were no more Heirs together with the Children of God as was the inhabitants of sodom and gomorrah was !

beloved57

Who are the circumcision here ?

Who are the circumcision here ?

Phil 3:3

Finally, my brethren, rejoice in the Lord. To write the same things to you, to me indeed is not grievous, but for you it is safe.

2 Beware of dogs, beware of evil workers, beware of the concision.

3 For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.

In the original its the circumcision with the definite article :

ἡμεῖς γάρ ἐσμεν ἡ περιτομή οἱ πνεύματι Θεῷ λατρεύοντες καὶ καυχώμενοι ἐν Χριστῷ Ἰησοῦ καὶ οὐκ ἐν σαρκὶ πεποιθότες

Now exactly who are the We are the Circumcision Paul refers to ? Is it ethnic jews ? Is it the physical seed of Abraham who were circumcised according to the OT Law Covenant ? No its not them at all, but its simply Believers in Christ, the Church, its believers like Paul who have by the Power of the Holy Spirit, renounced their own righteousness, and have laid hold of the Righteousness of God Phil 3:9, having been revealed to them by the Gospel, revealed to God given Faith Rom 1:16-17

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

17 For therein[The Gospel] is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

This whether they be jew or Gentile !

beloved57

Who are the circumcision here ? 2

Who are the circumcision here ? 2

The circumcision here in Phil 3:3

3 For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.

Its also them, of any ethnicity who worship God in the Spirit and Rejoice in Christ Jesus !

That word worship is the greek word latreuō and is translated serve 16 times in the NT Its the same word used in Heb 9:14

How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve G3000 the living God?

Heb 12:28

Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve G3000 God acceptably with reverence and godly fear:

Those who serve God in Spirit are those who serve Him with reverence and Godly fear,

Thats who the circumcision are in Phil 3:3, has absolutely nothing to do with ones ethnicity in the flesh !

They are those also who have no confidence in the flesh Phil 3:3

For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.

Part of having confidence in the flesh is to consider our ethnicity as a basis for finding acceptance with God, jews in the flesh are mostly guilty of this, even Paul was in his unconverted days, read here Phil 3:3-5

4 Though I might also have confidence in the flesh. If any other man thinketh that he hath whereof he might trust in the flesh, I more:

5 Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee;

Paul is not the only ethnic jew which did this, but these also Jesus confronted here Jn 8:33-37

33 They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free?

34 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.

35 And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever.

36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

37 I know that ye are Abraham's seed; but ye seek to kill me, because my word hath no place in you.

You see that in Vs 33, We be Abraham's Seed, that is an prime example of confidence in the flesh.

To have confidence in the flesh is when one bases an relationship with God because of their physical connection with Abraham, such ones are not the Circumcision of God in Phil 3:3 !

beloved57

Who are the circumcision here ? 3

Who are the circumcision here ? 3

The circumcision Paul speaks of in Phil 3:3 are also them, whether jew or Gentile who have received circumcision of the heart, a spiritual circumcision Rom 2:29

29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

This is also the circumcision of Christ, the Seed of Abraham Col 2:11

11 In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:

Christ is the Spiritual Seed of Abraham Gal 3:16

16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

This circumcision is applied by Christ for the Spiritual Seed of Abraham by the New Birth, the New Creation !

This is what Paul means about the Israel of God Gal 6:15-16

15 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision jew or gentile in the flesh, but a new creature.

16 And as many as walk according to this rule, peace be on them, and mercy, and upon the Israel of God.

The New Creature implies a New Heart, a Circumcised Heart Deut 30:6

And the Lord thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live.

So the circumcision of Phil 3:3 is none other than the Spiritual Israel of God, the Church, that Spiritual Seed of Abraham that belongs to Christ Gal 3:29 !

Status
Not open for further replies.