A Reply to Dave Miller

Nineveh

Merely Christian
From this page.

Dave Miller said:
She [Nineveh] believes that she has no need to ask God
for forgiveness, not ever.

For anyone who has ever heard my witness, they know this to be a lie. Dave, you should be ashamed.

You've never heard the "walk a mile in my shoes?" proverb? ITs completely foreign to you?

I know of a song by Bob Dylan that says something like, "I wish you could walk a mile in my shoes, so you would know what a drag it is to see you." But nothing in Scripture that says we need to sin before we know sin is wrong. Rather, the Bible says things like, "do not do as they do" and "thou shalt not".

Last edited:

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Nineveh said:
For anyone who has ever heard my witness, they know this to be a lie. Dave, you should be ashamed.
Perhaps Dave is unaware of your "witness". ;)

beanieboy

Perhaps you can clear up the misunderstanding.

Do you still sin, and ask for God's mercy for disobeying?
Do you still need forgiveness from God?

Nineveh

Merely Christian
beanie,
I'm not going to have two unfinished convos with you on two different threads addressing two different people's replies to me. One's enough, don't you think?

beanieboy

Nineveh said:
beanie,
I'm not going to have two unfinished convos with you on two different threads addressing two different people's replies to me. One's enough, don't you think?

Again, you avoided the question.
Do you, or do you not, still and continuously, need the forgiveness of God?
If this is a misunderstanding, clear it up.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
beanie,
Dealing with your whine session on one thread is enough. But thanks anyway. I'd rather hear from dave on this thread, if you don't mind.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
beanieboy said:
:(

And again.

You can't pay attention to the convo you started over there. There is no point chasing your rabbits over here, too. Quit whining and reply to the other thread, where you already have a convo you are trying to get out of now. K?

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Is it hard for you to understand I don't want you to derail this thread any further than you have? It's not like your "sincere" questions haven't been answered before.

So anyway, back to Dave...

Ecumenicist

Back to Dave,,,,

I made the statement I did because Nin refuses to answer who Christ presented the
Lord's prayer for. She's clearly stated in the past that those who accept Christ are
in no need of asking forgiveness any more. The question remains, if Christians never
need ask forgiveness, then why would Christ give this prayer, which includes the
phrase "forgive our sins, as we forgive those who sin against us?" Who was this
prayer given to?

Dave

Ecumenicist

Nineveh said:
From this page.

I know of a song by Bob Dylan that says something like, "I wish you could walk a mile in my shoes, so you would know what a drag it is to see you." But nothing in Scripture that says we need to sin before we know sin is wrong. Rather, the Bible says things like, "do not do as they do" and "thou shalt not".

Walk a mile in my shoes is derived from the golden rule, which Christ gave.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Dave Miller said:
Back to Dave,,,,

I made the statement I did because Nin refuses to answer who Christ presented the
Lord's prayer for. She's clearly stated in the past that those who accept Christ are
in no need of asking forgiveness any more. The question remains, if Christians never
need ask forgiveness, then why would Christ give this prayer, which includes the
phrase "forgive our sins, as we forgive those who sin against us?" Who was this
prayer given to?

Dave said:
She [Nineveh] believes that she has no need to ask God
for forgiveness, not ever"?

Have I ever once said no one ever needs to repent ever?

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Dave Miller said:
Walk a mile in my shoes is derived from the golden rule, which Christ gave.

First, let's get a clear idea of Christ's words. Mind giving a quote?

Ecumenicist

Nineveh said:
Have I ever once said no one ever needs to repent ever?

Not anyone ever, specifically you or anyone having repented have no
further need to ever ask forgiveness, which once again is different than
repentence.

Dave