ECT A question from a Muslim

elohiym

Matthew 24:36 But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father alone.​

Why did the Muslim assume that necessarily means a day and hour has been set by God?

"What if God, although willing to demonstrate His wrath and to make His power known, endured with much patience vessels of wrath prepared for destruction?" -- Romans 9:22​

That's quite a different idea than a date circled on a calendar, no?

Cross Reference

Matthew 24:36 But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father alone.​

Why did the Muslim assume that necessarily means a day and hour has been set by God?

"What if God, although willing to demonstrate His wrath and to make His power known, endured with much patience vessels of wrath prepared for destruction?" -- Romans 9:22​

That's quite a different idea than a date circled on a calendar, no?

You are overlooking the "fore"knowledge of God.

theophilus

I think, like MOST non-believers, Muslims will find any way to deflect "belief."

I would like to just be able to answer honest questions with honest answers.

:)

Good info in this thread so far. Lots to think about and weave into a coherent response.

elohiym

The Quran points them to Jesus as a prophet, so point them to what Jesus said. Tell them to read what Jesus claims about himself and to believe it, else they are not believing the Quran.

theophilus

The Quran points them to Jesus as a prophet, so point them to what Jesus said. Tell them to read what Jesus claims about himself and to believe it, else they are not believing the Quran.

I have many things marked in my copy...guess I'll need to mark those as well.

The Qu'ran is a tough read. I doesn't flow, doesn't hold together from one verse to the next, many times just doesn't make sense.

And because I read it in english my version is "corrupted."

:rolleyes: