ECT A question from a Muslim

TIPlatypus

Here is an even better answer: Jesus is the Son of God. The muslim guy was absolutely right. That means that Jesus did not have to necessarily know everything God knew, if they are not the same person.

fzappa13

I already knew that. I would not do that, just as I would not ask an individual sufferer of lower back pain how the spinal cord works. I would consult with a pediatrician.

Interesting analogy in that my wife currently has two ruptured discs ... I would that finding a competent theologian was as easy as finding a competent back surgeon ... and that's not easy.

journey

Jesus Christ voluntarily humbled Himself and limited His divine attributes according to the perfect will of the Father.

Philippians 2:5-8 KJV Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: 6. Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: 7. But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: 8. And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Jesus Christ voluntarily humbled Himself and limited His divine attributes according to the perfect will of the Father.

Philippians 2:5-8 KJV Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: 6. Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: 7. But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: 8. And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
Good as long as we do not fall victim to the kenotic heresy that clams Our Lord laid aside his divine attributes which would make Him no longer divine. Rather Christendom teaches that He laid aside the right to independent use of His divine attributes though He always had access to them.

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4599911#post4599911

AMR

journey

Good as long as we do not fall victim to the kenotic heresy that clams Our Lord laid aside his divine attributes which would make Him no longer divine. Rather Christendom teaches that He laid aside the right to independent use of His divine attributes though He always had access to them.

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4599911#post4599911

AMR

My wording was pretty clear and doesn't hint that Jesus Christ was no longer divine. He obviously had the power to avoid many things that He voluntarily submitted to. The biggest example: He willingly went to the Cross.

Cross Reference

Originally Posted by Ask Mr. Religion View Post

What is wrong with that thinking? Who raised Jesus from the grave??