A problem with open theism (HOF thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agape4Robin

Knight said:
That is an answer to some other question. A question I didn't ask.

I asked...

So that event (God suffering on the cross) is over for God? It's in God's past?
God's past? Or our past?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Jeremiah85 said:
Would you care to answer my question please?
This question....?

"So you deny that God can know what choices that we will make?"

Is that the one? (it's always best to recap the question if possible).

It isn't that God CAN'T know the future because He certainly could have chose to create a static future without freewill agents. Yet it's that God doesn't want to know our choices! He created us with freewill by His own design!

God does not want to coerce our love for Him. The only way to avoid such coercion is to create us with a true freewill not knowing what choices we would make.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Robin....

The question read like this....

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Agape4Robin said:
Take a tylenol and answer the question, please.
You gotta be kidding me!! ROTFL.

Robin when simple questions turn you into jelly as thread thread demonstrates, I would seriously recommend you revaluate your theology.

Mr. 5020

Knight said:
God isn't going to micromanage your life for you.

He doesn't want to pick your job for you no more than He wants to pick your clothes for you each day.
So, He doesn't care about issues that are important to us?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Robin....

The question read like this....

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Mr. 5020 said:
He cares about your soul and your relationship with Him.

He most likely laughs at the outfits I pick out. :noid:

Agape4Robin

God is not tied to past, present or future. What Christ did for us impacts our past, present and future. Christ died once for all.God has no beginning, no ending and therefore has no past.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Mr. 5020 said:
Ya know the Catholics really get into this type of stuff and they manifest it through their saints.

They can pray to the patron saint of mattresses when they go picking out their next bed or pray to the saint of legal pads when shopping at Office Depot.

drbrumley

Knight said:
Ya know the Catholics really get into this type of stuff and they manifest it through their saints.

They can pray to the patron saint of mattresses when they go picking out their next bed or pray to the saint of legal pads when shopping at Office Depot.
:shocked: :darwinsm:

drbrumley

Agape4Robin said:
God is not tied to past, present or future. What Christ did for us impacts our past, present and future. Christ died once for all.God has no beginning, no ending and therefore has no past.
And this means what? Jesus is STILL HANGING on the Cross?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Agape4Robin said:
So God is in the eternal now eh?

According to Robin God is still suffering (not metaphorically but in reality) on the cross?

Wacky!

So when Jesus had received the sour wine, He said, “It is finished!” And bowing His head, He gave up His spirit. - John 19:30

Jeremiah85

Knight said:
This question....?

"So you deny that God can know what choices that we will make?"

Is that the one? (it's always best to recap the question if possible).

It isn't that God CAN'T know the future because He certainly could have chose to create a static future without freewill agents. Yet it's that God doesn't want to know our choices! He created us with freewill by His own design!

God does not want to coerce our love for Him. The only way to avoid such coercion is to create us with a true freewill not knowing what choices we would make.
I see that we are mostly in agreement after all. I do not believe that God coerces us into doing anything, but that He knows beforehand what we will do. Whether or not he wants to know our choices is a matter of belief not doctrine, so, do we agree that God can know what our decisions will be?

This is also why I believe that prophecy is no problem for God: Because God already knows what decisions have been made, then he can state the future with 100% accuracy.

Agape4Robin

Knight said:

:blabla:

Agape4Robin

Knight said:
So God is in the eternal now eh?

According to Robin God is still suffering (not metaphorically but in reality) on the cross?

Wacky!

So when Jesus had received the sour wine, He said, “It is finished!” And bowing His head, He gave up His spirit. - John 19:30
Yes, God is eternal!

Where did I say that Christ is still suffering in reality?

Mr. 5020

Knight said:

So you are saying that He does not care.

Status
Not open for further replies.