A missing link.

Dialogos

Just explain to me how you are to love your neighbour while at the same time taking up arms against him....just in case.
Those with moderate reasoning ability realize that owning a firearm does not mean one has taken up arms against their neighbor. My neighbor owns a hunting rifle, a vintage pistol and various and sundry kitchen knives. He's never shot at us nor has he ever threatened to flay any of us.

:think:

Now, its your turn.

Try and explain away Luke 22:36.

Was Jesus telling His disciples to "take up arms against their neighbor?"

Huckleberry

He who lives by the sword dies by the sword.

You should try reading the Bible before you dismiss what it does or doesn't say.
Let everyone note that the one bit of scripture you try to offer to support your false accusations of sin against the brethren must be twisted to bits to do so.

"Live by the sword" means defending yourself and others from violence? As opposed to living a violent, murderous life oneself? In what universe?

Look to the context (speaking to others, not you Truster, as I know you don't dare). Who was Jesus speaking to and what was the situation?
Luke 22:36 And He said to them, "But now, whoever has a money belt is to take it along, likewise also a bag, and whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one.
Taking bets that Truster won't answer this.

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?
I love the way you people just pick out a verse to suit your lies and then choose to ignore others to suit your sin.
Hypocrite.

Hypocrite, false accuser, son of the devil.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Just explain to me how you are to love your neighbour while at the same time taking up arms against him....just in case.

Just explain how you love neighbor and willfully watch while they execute another neighbor.

Truster

Those with moderate reasoning ability realize that owning a firearm does not mean one has taken up arms against their neighbor. My neighbor owns a hunting rifle, a vintage pistol and various and sundry kitchen knives. He's never shot at us nor has he ever threatened to flay any of us.

Now, its your turn.

It seems as if I'm going to have to point out the blatantly obvious here.The Messiah was sending out the Apostles and He was aware of exactly what they would face. His instruction in this case does not pass down it is simply historical.
If you want to insist that it does pass down then you'll need to fulfil all the instructions and not take your pick.

Truster

Just explain how you love neighbor and willfully watch while they execute another neighbor.

I have trusted my care and my welfare into the hands of the Almighty. He is my shield, my helmet, my breastplate and my sword. If He were to fail me what use would a firearm be?

Truster

Now, its your turn.

You don't seem to realise the teaching of neighbours and who neighbours are....haven't you read the Bible?

Truster

Do you think Americans will ever understand the link between lots of people owning guns and lots of people being shot dead?

No they won't it would seem.

Dialogos

You don't seem to realise the teaching of neighbours and who neighbours are....haven't you read the Bible?
Back to your bible Truster!

We are still awaiting your explanation of Luke 22:36..

:sozo: If Jesus didn't want anyone to own a weapon, then why did He tell His disciples to sell clothing to buy one????!!!!!!!

We are still waiting for you to show us where our bibles prohibit weapon ownership.

Truster

Back to your bible Truster!

We are still awaiting your explanation of Luke 22:36..

:sozo: If Jesus didn't want anyone to own a weapon, then why did He tell His disciples to sell clothing to buy one????!!!!!!!

We are still waiting for you to show us where our bibles prohibit weapon ownership.

You were given the explanation in post 44. If you can't comprehend it then that's your problem not mine.

Dialogos

Truster said:
Truster said:
It seems as if I'm going to have to point out the blatantly obvious here.The Messiah was sending out the Apostles and He was aware of exactly what they would face.
And they had the right to protect themselves, but we don't?
:confused:
Truster said:
His instruction in this case does not pass down it is simply historical.
I see, because they had need of protecting themselves but we don’t?

Truster said:
If you want to insist that it does pass down then you'll need to fulfil all the instructions and not take your pick.
Truster, even they didn’t have to buy one. They already owned TWO! (Luke 22:38)

Why would Jesus tolerate such sin?

Surely Jesus wouldn’t let His disciples walk around with not one, but two weapons without insisting that they get rid of them and be good neighbors, right?

BTW, we are still awaiting the clear command of God (which the disciples refused to follow and Jesus urged them to break) which unequivocally states that weapon ownership is sin.

Verse please!

Truster

Truster said:
And they had the right to protect themselves, but we don't?
:confused:

I see, because they had need of protecting themselves but we don’t?

Truster, even they didn’t have to buy one. They already owned TWO! (Luke 22:38)

Why would Jesus tolerate such sin?

Surely Jesus wouldn’t let His disciples walk around with not one, but two weapons without insisting that they get rid of them and be good neighbors, right?

BTW, we are still awaiting the clear command of God (which the disciples refused to follow and Jesus urged them to break) which unequivocally states that weapon ownership is sin.

Verse please!

Do you think Americans will ever understand the link between lots of people owning guns and lots of people being shot dead?

Yes or no?

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame

Yes or no?

Probably about the same time that we understand the link between swimming pool ownership and people drowning. :plain:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I have trusted my care and my welfare into the hands of the Almighty. He is my shield, my helmet, my breastplate and my sword. If He were to fail me what use would a firearm be?

That's fine ... for you. No one has argued that you shouldn't be allowed to leave yourself vulnerable from outsiders.

The argument is that people like you should not be allowed to dictate how the rest of us protect ourselves and our families.

Truster

That's fine ... for you. No one has argued that you shouldn't be allowed to leave yourself vulnerable from outsiders.

The argument is that people like you should not be allowed to dictate how the rest of us protect ourselves and our families.

If you took the time to read the OP you would discover that I asked a question that was so simple a child could have answered it. All it required was a yes or no, but instead of answering you got stroppy.

That is your problem not mine my dear.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
The question is not about when, but will?

Do you usually have such difficulty with English?

:e4e: If there is a "when" then it stands to reason there is a "will be".

...Not as much trouble as you have with rudeness and arrogance it appears. :idunno:

Truster

:e4e: If there is a "when" then it stands to reason there is a "will be".

...Not as much trouble as you have with rudeness and arrogance it appears. :idunno:

So are you going to have a go at the yes/no bit or is it a little complicated for you?