ECT A LIST OF TYPICAL ANTI-CATHOLIC STRAW MEN CORRECTED

republicanchick

The Marian doctrines, specifically the act of adoring her, puts the lie to the second point.

quit judging.

when u see someone looking @ a statue of Mary you have Absolutely NO idea where that person is at...

judging

for by what measure you mete, so shall it be meted unto you... which maybe means that when u meet God, he will judge your life by what things look like to other mere humans?

++

oatmeal

While you have His attention, if you are able to get it, why not ask Him why scripture is written about Him now being God and why He didn't think it easy for people to understand that about Him __ like you maybe?

It seems like I got your attention

oatmeal

Nowhere even approaching the degree to which He honored Mary (see this).

I saw the "this" if you are too lazy to type it yourself, I am not interested.

I do check out the scriptural reference links

I am not interested in RCC opinions. I am interested in scripture.

I am not interested in man's opinions or religion, I am 'ntrested in God and His written word, as in, "it is written"

republicanchick

perhaps not

why don't the pope and the bishops dress like the Lord and His apostles did?

why don't YOU?

why don't all the criticizers of the pope live like Jesus did 2000 yrs ago?

why??

don't criticize others unless u are willing to do the thing you criticize them for not doing

Sheila B

Jesus and the apostles dressed like this? :freak:

1392578_orig.jpg

You shall make the robe of the ephod all of blue. It shall have in it a hole for the head, with a woven binding around the opening, like the opening in a garment, that may not be torn...

And you shall make a plate of pure gold, and engrave on it, like the engraving of a signet, 'Holy to the LORD'. And you shall fasten it on the turban. And it shall be upon Aaron's forehead...

And you shall make them for glory and for beauty...

and shall anoint them and ordain them and consecrate them, that they may serve Me as priests.

Sheila B

perhaps not

why don't the pope and the bishops dress like the Lord and His apostles did?

For the same reason that the priests of Solomon's temple looked quite different than the priests in the desert?

The ancient icons drawn in the Cave Churches of Turkey (Asia Minor) do show beautiful liturgical robes, btw.

Cruciform

You shall make the robe of the ephod all of blue. It shall have in it a hole for the head, with a woven binding around the opening, like the opening in a garment, that may not be torn... And you shall make a plate of pure gold, and engrave on it, like the engraving of a signet, 'Holy to the LORD'. And you shall fasten it on the turban. And it shall be upon Aaron's forehead... And you shall make them for glory and for beauty...and shall anoint them and ordain them and consecrate them, that they may serve Me as priests.
This is from Exodus, yes? Excellent. For more info, see this.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame

quit judging.

when u see someone looking @ a statue of Mary you have Absolutely NO idea where that person is at...

judging

for by what measure you mete, so shall it be meted unto you... which maybe means that when u meet God, he will judge your life by what things look like to other mere humans?

++
Did Pail say anything about giving the appearance of doing something? Did he say whether it was good idea or a bad idea?

Cross Reference

I would like to have the bottom line opened up a little:

"We Honor Mary Because God Honored Her First"

Where does that quote have its origin?

Aimiel

Anti-Christian RCC practices:

Prayers for the dead, Mary-worship, praying to Mary or other dead people, doctrine of purgatory, Latin language to keep parishioners from hearing and understanding The Word of God, Pope as head of church, idols (statues, crucifixes, paintings, buildings), celibacy of priests, rosary (another idol), selling indulgences, transubstantiation, adoration of wafer, 7 sacraments, immaculate conception, papal infallibility, etc., etc..

Aimiel

Most people I've met find enough wrong in a church if there is a single sin that the pastor won't correct that they move their membership. Catholics have more wrong with their false religion than they do that is right, yet they keep going to church there. What's up with that? Are they really just that ignorant of Truths from Scripture? :duh: