40 Shockingly Simple Skills That Today's Millennials Have No Idea How To Do

Yes, weep for humanitiy's future...

FACT CHECK: Find your closest Millennial neighbor and ask them to carry out anything on this list. If you can find any Millennial who can do any of these things, you may have accidentally stumbled across an Eagle Scout troop meeting. For the rest of today’s youth, they’re clueless!

Read this and weep for humanity’s future…

40 shockingly simple skills that today’s pathetic Millennials have no idea how to do

#1) Plant a seed in dirt and grow an edible plant.

#2) Change a bicycle tire.

#3) Sharpen a pencil.

#4) Identify the name of any tree or bird in the real world.

#5) Check the oil level in any engine.

#6) Name a single star in the night sky.

#7) Change a blown fuse in anything (or even reset a circuit breaker).

#8) Drive a stick shift. (Many don’t even know what “stick shift” means.)

#9) Navigate using a printed map without using GPS.

#10) Strike a punching bag without injuring their frail, fragile wrists.

#11) Repair a broken garden hose without throwing it away and buying a new hose.

#12) Stop bleeding with a tourniquet.

#13) Cut a piece of wood in a straight line using a hand saw.

#14) Carry a 50 lb. bag of animal feed on their shoulder for 50 meters.

#15) Cook a real meal that isn’t “instant” or microwaveable.

#16) Start a camp fire, even with a lighter.

#17) Sharpen a knife, even using a knife sharpener.

#18) Build a shelter in the forest by using only forest materials.

#19) Use a car jack without ripping the bumper off the vehicle.

#20) Chop wood for a wood stove.

#21) Locate and reset the ground fault tolerant button on an electrical outlet to restore power to the outlets.

#22) Dry clothes on a clothesline.

#23) Strip a copper wire.

#24) Securely tie a rope to anything at all.

#25) Calculate a 15% waiter tip in their heads.

#26) Make a broken bone splint out of anything at all.

And for advanced skills, Millennials have absolutely no idea how to do any of the following:

#27) Catch a fish.

#28) Clean a pistol.

#29) Swap out the hydraulic hose on a piece of farm equipment.

#30) Intelligently read any food label.

#31) Purify water using a plastic bottle and sunlight.

#32) Make a water filter out of charcoal and sand.

#33) Fold a paper airplane.

#34) Make an emergency funnel out of aluminum foil.

#35) Chop down a dead tree with an axe.

#36) Read a compass.

#37) Cut a stuck seatbelt to escape a burning vehicle.

#38) Paddle a canoe in any intended direction at all.

#39) Open any can of food without using electricity.

#40) Siphon fuel from the gas tank of an abandoned car.

Now ask yourself this question, and answer honestly. Given that most Millennials know absolutely nothing about the real world — and have no real-world skills to speak of — how can they possibly survive the next great collapse?

The only time they’re ever venturing out into the real world is when they’re playing Pokemon Go (and walking off cliffs or stumbling into traffic as a result). Go figure…

Source: http://www.naturalnews.com/054708_millennials_survival_skills_real_world.html

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
Well # 10, 18, 28, 29, 31, 33, and 37 are certainly important in real world situations. Might as well ask how many can stop an asteroid about ready to hit the earth.
As the father of 4 millenials, my guess is that each of them could do everything on your list other than the 7 very important skills I noted above. I know they can each drive a stick shift, cause we taught them.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Don't forget about the millions of worthless baby boomers out there who have no clue how to shoe a horse or help their cow birth a breech calf, let alone make lye soap. Do you think many boomers know how to tie a corset? Think again! It's a disaster in the making.

Many don't care.

And yes, it's going to be ugly WSHTF.

Something I've also noticed, and don't get me wrong, I love young people, regardless anything, even share much empathy for the young, but these young seem to have no convictions, no real sense of the dangers before them. They seem uninformed so often, just look like a deer caught in the headlights, if you even mention to them things like there's mercury in tuna.

I could be wrong, seeing as how there was a draft that threatened young people of the Vietnam era, but wasn't there some sort of righteous indignation over all the warmongering of the government elite and defense contractors? Didn't alot of people take a stand, rise up and say enough is enough? This generation, it seems you could announce you're going to put mandatory electrodes in their brains, and they'd ask how to hook them up to Xbox. A lot of them swallow the absurd liberal lines, hook, line and sinker, without a thought, such as that they'll be safe if only criminals have guns, that Islam is the religion of peace and the answer to terrorism is unvetted Muslim immigration, their unemployment or part time employment problem has nothing to do with illegal immigrants, the answer to that open borders. They don't even seem to be looking for society to provide a plan for how they'll ever be able to move out of their mother's basement. It seems to me that just some things politicians utter these days would bring crowds of other generations to D.C. with feathers and tar heated up, ready to go. And it's not just the U.S. They seem to be alright with public rape of young women and girls being up around 1,500% in Sweden, which calls for more immigrants and immigrant benefits.

Again, I love young people, but never expect to have a meaningful conversation with one, anymore, just exchange pleasantries, or a joke that requires no connections to be made. Actually, I think the whole world has gone stupid insane.

Romans 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient.

glassjester

Yes, weep for humanitiy's future...

FACT CHECK: Find your closest Millennial neighbor and ask them to carry out anything on this list. If you can find any Millennial who can do any of these things, you may have accidentally stumbled across an Eagle Scout troop meeting. For the rest of today’s youth, they’re clueless!

Do you have any actual statistics or research to back your assertion?

Or is this just an assumption that you've accepted without any evidence?

Don't forget about the millions of worthless baby boomers out there who have no clue how to shoe a horse or help their cow birth a breech calf, let alone make lye soap. Do you think many boomers know how to tie a corset? Think again! It's a disaster in the making.

Well, you caught me out! I know I'd not know what to do about a breech calf. You're right. I've proven quite useless in every breech calf situation. And up to now I've hidden it, but I do buy soap at the store.

I stand chastised! Alright, then, millennials shouldn't even have to know how to sign their names, and God bless America.

glassjester

For the record, I can and have done almost everything on that list (I am 31 years old - am I a "Millenial"?)

Notable exceptions: I have never driven stick. I have never repaired farm equipment.

Also, for the record, most of the Baby Boomers I know can't do most of the things on that list.

Well # 10, 18, 28, 29, 31, 33, and 37 are certainly important in real world situations. Might as well ask how many can stop an asteroid about ready to hit the earth.
As the father of 4 millenials, my guess is that each of them could do everything on your list other than the 7 very important skills I noted above. I know they can each drive a stick shift, cause we taught them.

That's really highly commendable. But are your children called freaks by their peers? Just an aside, but I didn't write the article, like a millennial (or a Catholic in ECT), I copied and pasted it, didn't really do anything more proactive.

theophilus

I'm not sure about "stupid insane" and think it's more along 2 Tim. 3 (whole chapter).

That's why you and I and the Body of Christ have a field ripe for harvest before us~Luke 10:2 And He was saying to them, “The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few; therefore beseech the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into His harvest. 3 Go; behold, I send you out as lambs in the midst of wolves.

And we are here Esther 4:14 For if you remain silent at this time, relief and deliverance will arise for the Jews from another place and you and your father’s house will perish. And who knows whether you have not attained royalty for such a time as this?”

We are here for such a time as this.

The days are MUCH shorter than when God's Word was written...2000+ years. His return is ever near. We have to work while it is still day because night is coming...

Pray hard.
Evangelize boldly.
Trust God.

He will give the increase.

:)

theophilus

Or clean a fish...
Or gut a deer...
Or milk a cow...

YES! Technology IS your friend!

:shocked:

NOT!!!

:chuckle:

glassjester

I woundn't argue with that. For all I know, pigs can fly, and rain is beer.

You say things with no substance.
You do not even believe your own words.
That is disingenuous and dishonest.

You know with 100% certainty that pigs cannot fly.
You know with 0% certainty the assertion in the OP.

Be sincere in what you say. Please.

glassjester

I tried to look for meaning in your words. You do not wish to have a meaningful conversation. You're content with making...

- baseless assertions - "evidence is not required"
- nonsensical statements - "pigs can fly"
- and irrelevant attempts at jokes - "supercali..."

Think about your responses. Who is it really that is avoiding meaningful conversation?

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Something I've also noticed, and don't get me wrong, I love young people, regardless anything, even share much empathy for the young, but these young seem to have no convictions, no real sense of the dangers before them. They seem uninformed so often, just look like a deer caught in the headlights, if you even mention to them things like there's mercury in tuna.

I could be wrong, seeing as how there was a draft that threatened young people of the Vietnam era, but wasn't there some sort of righteous indignation over all the warmongering of the government elite and defense contractors? Didn't alot of people take a stand, rise up and say enough is enough? This generation, it seems you could announce you're going to put mandatory electrodes in their brains, and they'd ask how to hook them up to Xbox. A lot of them swallow the absurd liberal lines, hook, line and sinker, without a thought, such as that they'll be safe if only criminals have guns, that Islam is the religion of peace and the answer to terrorism is unvetted Muslim immigration, their unemployment or part time employment problem has nothing to do with illegal immigrants, the answer to that open borders. They don't even seem to be looking for society to provide a plan for how they'll ever be able to move out of their mother's basement. It seems to me that just some things politicians utter these days would bring crowds of other generations to D.C. with feathers and tar heated up, ready to go. And it's not just the U.S. They seem to be alright with public rape of young women and girls being up around 1,500% in Sweden, which calls for more immigrants and immigrant benefits.

Again, I love young people, but never expect to have a meaningful conversation with one, anymore, just exchange pleasantries, or a joke that requires no connections to be made. Actually, I think the whole world has gone stupid insane.

Romans 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient.

There's such a thing as reverse ageism.

Some elders who expect respect for the simple reason that they're elders are sometimes pretty quick to dismiss an entire generation of young adults as being worthless, yet those same elders would expect young adults to cut their lives short for them should they be drafted in a war, and to support their social security benefits.

Some elders have forgotten that they were young once (except for the elders who swear they walked bootless through the snow to school, uphill both ways), and that maturity doesn't arrive all in a bunch at 15 or 18. I do agree that it's a longer process in this last half-century or so, and that's worth a conversation as to the hows and whys, but to dismiss them all as useless? How many elder parents think it's the other millennials who're worthless - not their own kids, who are marvels of course, because they had perfect parents?

How many 60's radicals settled down, entered the workforce, raised a family? A lot of them. Maybe most of them. The the world is driven by the innovation of young minds, not only by the minds of those who've accumulated decades of wisdom. Let the young adults have a chance to accumulate their wisdom too.

It's kind of like the parent at age 50 who says to their adult children: "Just wait till you get to be my age. Then you'll understand." When the adult child gets to 50, the 75-year-old parent says "Just wait till you get to be my age. Then you'll understand." And really, it's true. Give the young adults a chance. Every generation has its geniuses and its slackers. Most everyone else falls in that large middle ground who never got sent to the principal's office so the principal had no idea who they were on graduation day.