2P2P admits its war on the Bible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danoh

I see Danoh as more of an Alan Alda type, with biting humor.

Lol, I see myself as more like a cross between BOTH Andy AND Barney.

Yep...

Yep (snifle)...

There ya have muh seeming off again/seeming on again purty re-guh-ler :D

"Oh - uh-yehs..." - Floyd

Danoh

Spin. Judas preached 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV? What "aspect" did he preach? Wait.....Let's back up. Are you another one of the clueless ones, who have joined the droids that do not know what the word "gospel" means? Unpack it for us.

"A Book of details" it is....

Question regarding Romans chapter 1 thru chapter 4:

What was the gospel of God, that Paul opened Romans with?

In other words - what was God's good news - (Which he had promised afore by his prophets in the holy scriptures) Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh; And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead?

First off that is Body Truth - Jesus Christ our Lord is OUR Lord only AFTER we're members of His Body.

But let's move on to answer our question.

Answer:

Paul described what said God's good news promised in the Prophets concerning His Son was - in the following; written by him, some ten years before he wrote Romans.

"And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed" - Galatians 3:8.

Contained within that is OUR aspect of the gospel of God, or God's good news concerning His Son - the gospel of Christ.

Meaning, way back when God counted Abraham's faith for righteousness "when he was in UNcircumcision" Rom. 4:10, He had in mind using that as a precedent Paul would one day be able to point back to in defense of "that gospel which I preach among the Gentiles" Gal. 2:2.

And Paul had been preaching it before he wrote Galatians...

Galatians 3:1 O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you? 3:2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? 3:3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?

What does he then remind them of?

The Romans 4 truth he had been preaching over a decade before he even wrote Galatians- he reminds them of this here...

3:6 Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.

When did Paul receive this aspect of the gospel of God - God's good news concerning His Son among the heathen that the Scripture foresaw?

Way back, in Acts 9.

Galatians 1:15 But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace, 1:16 To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood: 1:17 Neither went I up to Jerusalem to them which were apostles before me; but I went into Arabia, and returned again unto Damascus.

Said God's good news concerning His Son - Paul's my gospel - his gospel of Christ - was preached by Paul throughout his ministry, as noted by him, in his last Epistle, shortly before his death.

2 Timothy 2:1 Thou therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus. 2:2 And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also.

2:8 Remember that Jesus Christ of the seed of David was raised from the dead according to my gospel: 2:9 Wherein I suffer trouble, as an evil doer, even unto bonds; but the word of God is not bound.

2 Timothy 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine. 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; 4:4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. 4:5 But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry. 4:6 For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand. 4:7 I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: 4:8 Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

4:16 At my first answer no man stood with me, but all men forsook me: I pray God that it may not be laid to their charge. 4:17 Notwithstanding the Lord stood with me, and strengthened me; that by me the preaching might be fully known, and that all the Gentiles might hear: and I was delivered out of the mouth of the lion. 4:18 And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve me unto his heavenly kingdom: to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen. 4:19 Salute Prisca and Aquila, and the household of Onesiphorus.

That is one aspect of God's good news concerning His Son.

The other aspect of God's good news concerning His Son - the gospel of Christ?

Matthew 1:1 The book of the generation of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham.

1:17 So all the generations from Abraham to David are fourteen generations; and from David until the carrying away into Babylon are fourteen generations; and from the carrying away into Babylon unto Christ are fourteen generations. 1:18 Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost.

Mark 1:1 The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God; 1:2 As it is written in the prophets, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee.

1:14 Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God, 1:15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.

Hebrews 4:2 For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.

1 Peter 1:12 Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven; which things the angels desire to look into.

1 Peter 4:17 For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

God's Two-Fold good news, concerning His Son.

SaulToPaul 2

Gospel of God- who Jesus is, the Christ, And declared to be the Son of God by the resurrection.

This is foundation truth for both churches. Peter preached the gospel of God, so did Paul...that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God.

Interplanner

Hi , IP and what verb are you talking about ??

dan p

preaching (the Gospel). If you know Greek, you know that 'the Gospel' is built in, because the term is 'euangelizo' (to gospel). If it meant two, there would be another way of creating such a sentence.

DAN P

preaching (the Gospel). If you know Greek, you know that 'the Gospel' is built in, because the term is 'euangelizo' (to gospel). If it meant two, there would be another way of creating such a sentence.

Hi and since Gospel has many meaning , what verse areyou talking about ??

dan p

Interplanner

Hi and since Gospel has many meaning , what verse areyou talking about ??

dan p

You have to do some work here Dan. You have to scroll back and find the drift of the conversation. 'Euangelizo' is used many, many times, but here we were discussing one instance. Do the work and find out and hold that thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.